British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Sorry Trees, I've got to disagree, even though we both support the same club.

I used to be bored watching Elite League racing at Peterborough, but the racing at that circuit this season has gone to a far higher level, albeit not quite so fast, and the Premier League would be poorer if they were move out of that level of combat again.

Anyway, get you thermals out ready for Wednesday, as we chase TWO pieces of silverware.

I noticed today that Specsavers are offering free eye tests; I think that you should take up the offer!

Jeez, and we've got the resident looney posting a team a day and it's only October.

Edited by Crump99

I can't believe that teams are being mentioned when it's still not been confirmed that the club will run next year...but I suppose we all need something to talk about! ;)

I can't believe that teams are being mentioned when it's still not been confirmed that the club will run next year...but I suppose we all need something to talk about! ;)

Well it's slightly better than picking next year's team in September, leaving out riders who are still riding for the team. That's not aimed at you btw but is just on my bugbear list at no 73 :)

1- King

2- Roynon

3- Ostergaard

4- Blackbird

5- Fisher

6- Covatti

7- Ellis

That's about 44.69 based on the BSPA issue 34 averages - unless my super duper new spreadsheet is way out.

Tel

i always enjoy the racing at the showground but this season there really was some great races on a much more consistent level than we saw in the EL .. when the track is prepared properly (more lines than just on the fence) it really does have the most exciting racing around.

i also liked the Sunday afternoon meetings

• Like 4

I agree we have seen some good racing. I am also fully aware of the financial arguments. However if you supported Man U, Liverpool , Spurs or Arsenal would you be wishing for Championship Football because the football is better? Panthers lost at least 25% of their support due to Premier League demotion. The sooner a return to the top flight the better IMO. What the top flight is going to be of course is speculative.

Edited by wealdstone

i always enjoy the racing at the showground but this season there really was some great races on a much more consistent level than we saw in the EL .. when the track is prepared properly (more lines than just on the fence) it really does have the most exciting racing around.

i also liked the Sunday afternoon meetings

It's all about opinions isn't it. I didn't get any of that and after the consistently exciting end to 2013 I can't recall too many races that were great in 2014, although naturally there were some, but apart from a couple by the ostrich, don't expect me to list them. Also the track in 2013 was well prepared, especially towards the latter half of the season with plenty of lines providing exciting racing. I'd also prefer not to have my Sunday broken by speedway unless it's early evening. That's the alternative view. I hope that we end up with some sort of Prem Plus substitute for the EL which might cater to all? Can't see it though with Sky showing Elite League speedway.

Edited by Crump99

I noticed today that Specsavers are offering free eye tests; I think that you should take up the offer!

Jeez, and we've got the resident looney posting a team a day and it's only October.

We're all entitled to our opinions, without making rude suggestions, but hopefully you'll be booked in for a test the same time as me!!

• Like 1

I agree we have seen some good racing. I am also fully aware of the financial arguments. However if you supported Man U, Liverpool , Spurs or Arsenal would you be wishing for Championship Football because the football is better? Panthers lost at least 25% of their support due to Premier League demotion. The sooner a return to the top flight the better IMO. What the top flight is going to be of course is speculative.

these fans are not speedway supporters IMO .the Elite League is anything but Elite.Watching Benji Compton in full flight must be exciting prospect.(sorry Benji it's not your fault).
  • Like 2

We're all entitled to our opinions, without making rude suggestions, but hopefully you'll be booked in for a test the same time as me!!

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but if you're going to post guff (in my opinion) about a club that you don't support then the chances are you'll get a response. If you think that's rude then you should get out more!

these fans are not speedway supporters IMO .the Elite League is anything but Elite.Watching Benji Compton in full flight must be exciting prospect.(sorry Benji it's not your fault).

It wasn't like it is now though when they were watching Panthers in the Elite. They might have given up on the sport anyway as many others from all tracks seem to be doing?

Edited by Crump99

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but if you're going to post guff (in my opinion) about a club that you don't support then the chances are you'll get a response. If you think that's rude then you should get out more!

It wasn't like it is now though when they were watching Panthers in the Elite. They might have given up on the sport anyway as many others from all tracks seem to be doing?

You are correct the EL will never return to the standard of the teams thank once graced the Showground,like you say any of the fans are probably lost to the sport like other tracks are finding,but Pl racing is a good standard if the BSPA can stop messing about with the rules and this doubling-up nonsense which is one effecting the integrity of the sport.As a speedway supporter for many years I find it sad that fans can give up the sport at one of the finest tracks in the country.Wont hold my breath though.
  • Like 1

I go to around 100 meetings EVERY season which includes paying money for my wife and I at the club you support, to watch what I still consider the best racing I've seen at the Showground for many a long year, so how much more do you think I should get out? So grow up, and stop making childish postings just because you don't agree with the opinion of someone else.

I don't intend getting drawn into conversing with you anymore on the subject, so matter now closed on my part. Enjoy the winter break, and lets hope that you have a team to support in 2015, as I certainly want to be there enjoying proceedings once again.

• Like 4

Date set for fans forum to save Panthers

Peterborough Panthers survival prospects are likely to become clearer following a major fans event next week.

Current co-promoter Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone, who joined the management team during last season, are behind the forum to be staged in the Peterborough Suite at the East of England Showground on Friday, 31 October (7.30pm). Admission is free.

Swales says it will be a pivotal night in the history of a club which has raced in every season since its inception in 1970.

He said: This event is all about saving Peterborough Speedway. Ive always said it is the fans club and this is where we need them to come forward to help.

Myself and Ged are doing the leg-work and putting ideas into place, but whether or not we race on in 2015 will boil down to the backing of the supporters.

There are not currently understood to be any other parties interested in Panthers.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/date-set-for-fans-forum-to-save-panthers-1-6373179

Ha! Noodles I had just copied the same thing to post on here but you've beaten me to it...again :lol:

Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 1