British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

My brother who is a Dentist said he isn't interested in running the club.

Is he looking for a change of employment then? Fed up with teeth?

Horton sounds like a clown or someone who just continues to bite off more than he can chew..He has dumped more clubs than I've dumped women!..am I right in saying he messed up Oxford, Mildenhall, and now Panthers? and probably Coventry next when he gets bored of them!..specialy looking at the crowds they get now.

Sad times for us...Hope someone can come in and put us back in the elite where we belong.

And hello its not rocket science...give us a good team and regular race nights and there would be a 1000 plus there every week!...The fact is we have had a crap team in a tinpot league on the worst night possible.

Some weeks no meetings then 3 double headers on the trot which leave you bored out of your skull..and when they made the ridiculous changes that they did it made even me miss a meeting which I never do..The season started O.K but when Horton lost interest and Coventry started doing well it became a farce.

If there is someone out there who is thinking of saving our club or if Rick Has a change of heart maybe look at the stats from 2006 regarding team building and crowds and then you have a viable business...I mean as much as we all hate Poole and Mat Fraud...he gets it right every year and the truth is...we are all jealous!

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Horton sounds like a clown or someone who just continues to bite off more than he can chew..He has dumped more clubs than I've dumped women!..am I right in saying he messed up Oxford, Mildenhall, and now Panthers? and probably Coventry next when he gets bored of them!..specialy looking at the crowds they get now.

Sad times for us...Hope someone can come in and put us back in the elite where we belong.

And hello its not rocket science...give us a good team and regular race nights and there would be a 1000 plus there every week!...The fact is we have had a crap team in a tinpot league on the worst night possible.

Some weeks no meetings then 3 double headers on the trot which leave you bored out of your skull..and when they made the ridiculous changes that they did it made even me miss a meeting which I never do..The season started O.K but when Horton lost interest and Coventry started doing well it became a farce.

If there is someone out there who is thinking of saving our club or if Rick Has a change of heart maybe look at the stats from 2006 regarding team building and crowds and then you have a viable business...I mean as much as we all hate Poole and Mat Fraud...he gets it right every year and the truth is...we are all jealous!

All very confusing until the last line. Poole were going nowhere until he took the reins, they are now the best supported club in the EL. Like or loathe, he's succesful at promoting. Maybe, just maybe that's the direction Frost should have taken.

• Like 3

If Matt Fraud ran Peterborough he would face the same problems as Rick does in terms of the revenue coming in hes been fortunate that the people of Poole have stuck with speedway .

If the poole fans stopped attending and the rules didnt favour his team so much he would of been no better than any other promotor

• Like 1

the biggest problems at Pboro other than Horton is who ever runs Pboro is Pboro has always been a Friday night track and it should to revert back to that night .

• Like 2

If Matt Fraud ran Peterborough he would face the same problems as Rick does in terms of the revenue coming in hes been fortunate that the people of Poole have stuck with speedway .

If the poole fans stopped attending and the rules didnt favour his team so much he would of been no better than any other promotor

ford would get of his arse and get sponsors tho , jeez even stanair who have been sponsoring panthers for years have deserted this year , Horton runs his own printing company and what a bloody joke it was getting a programme in the later 1/2 of the season ,

• Like 2

ford would get of his arse and get sponsors tho , jeez even stanair who have been sponsoring panthers for years have deserted this year , Horton runs his own printing company and what a bloody joke it was getting a programme in the later 1/2 of the season ,

Didn't Stanair say that he couldn't agree a deal though which shows willing and not desertion through lack of effort? Horton hasn't done any worse on sponsors than Rick and Julie? It could be said that he did better as we did negotiate a deal with TC Harrison to be main team sponsor which is something Readypower Panthers never had? However, I'd imagine that TCH are as happy now as Muscle Finesse were in that glorious 2008 season. Probably scared off for life likewise :shock:

Edited by Crump99

Sadly for a number of reasons, no genuinely successful individual will invest in UK club speedway. Rick & Julie fall into this catagory and after all they have put into the club, how far did they get?

i do not blame either the fans (speedway fans in general), nor the people of Peterborough in this case. It's more that the wider issues surrounding the sport mean that investment is a non starter.

the biggest problems at Pboro other than Horton is who ever runs Pboro is Pboro has always been a Friday night track and it should to revert back to that night .

I've been saying this all season, tuesday night was a shocking choice

• Like 1

Think the 17 trophies since his take over might have something to do with the support. Many will only come out to support a winning team. Peterborough are masters at that.

Think the 17 trophies since his take over might have something to do with the support. Many will only come out to support a winning team. Peterborough are masters at that.

Plus Poole Stadium is in the centre of town with not much else in competition with it, as well as speedway being well publised locally in the holiday destination. If our motorsport masterplan had come to fruition then we'd have been playing on a level playing field apart from having a football team but not a beach.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

If somebody does decide to take Panthers on next season, the first person they need to persuade to return is Bratters. Brilliant at getting sponsorship,new & old.

• Like 1

Seems very ironic then they pull out when Rick is no longer involved he was doing something right then, he used his own company to sponsor Panthers, this was no doubt for a valid reason ,

Being successful helps but if the product thats produced is of a good standard and the racing is good people will still pay to come in, the Peterboro press in the past few years has been shocking to say the least H&S rings loud, poor track prep and more , god knows how then any team survives if you have to be successful all the time,

Perhaps speedway has had its time now in Peterboro 30 odd miles each way and you have EL speedway to watch at Lynn or Leicester so the die hard speedway junkies can at least get some speedway fix

Is he looking for a change of employment then? Fed up with teeth?

Just fed up with his brother.

The BSPA should really look at his promoters license don't see how he can get away with doing this year after year. Doesn't give the sport a good name.

• Like 1