British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

So Leicester have priority for Simon and Lynn with Robert when there are fixture clashes. Great.

I hope this is not another year of seeing a patched up Panthers every week.

What about Blackbird with Wolves then , one of the big pitfalls of a rider being allowed to ride in two leagues someone gets the raw deal.

There must be someone who has a 3.50 average or less who has ridden PL before and wants another chance

scoobydoo, on 14 Dec 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

What about Blackbird with Wolves then , one of the big pitfalls of a rider being allowed to ride in two leagues someone gets the raw deal.

There must be someone who has a 3.50 average or less who has ridden PL before and wants another chance

Same as previous posting - neither own Blackbird hence Peterborough get priority (there was something about rearranged fixtures and fixtures already in place, so odd occasions may be different)

This is why Lakeside were so keen to get Lawson as their asset last year, but as is obvious to everyone now, it was a totally contrived transfer - to stitch Redcar up ! (Am I bitter and annoyed - YES !! - but what goes around comes around and life moves on - :cheers: )

What about Liam Carr? Boy has the talent maybe lacked the machinery and confidence at Berwick but he would do a job I reckon

Suffered a serious knee injury while racing at Sheffield towards the end of last season, its unlikely he will be racing anytime during 2015.

Blackbird will race for Peterborough ;) so I think, and hope, that the only rider that may well miss a few fixtures during the course of the season, will be Robert Lambert as we own him and we're using him too. Could be a touchy subject that, being old rivals and all that :P

The "official" line is that Blackbird is a Mildenhall asset. However, Blackbird was exchanged for Olly Rayson who was an Ipswich asset and not Mildenhall's to exchange.

Chris Louis was at the time the promoter at both clubs but has since quit his role at Mildenhall so he's now either a Mildenhall asset, an Ipswich asset or simply a Chris Louis asset!

If Blackbird was a Ipswich asset you would of thought they would of looked to include him in there side and not let him go to a localish rival who ride in the same lge

Blackbird will race for Peterborough ;) so I think, and hope, that the only rider that may well miss a few fixtures during the course of the season, will be Robert Lambert as we own him and we're using him too. Could be a touchy subject that, being old rivals and all that :P

Was posting at the sametime as your post was on the thread you expect it with Lambert but its good that the others will mostly be available

No. Leicester won't have priority. Peterborough will. The PL club will take priority over the EL club where neither club owns the rider. That's how I understand it anyway. Robert Lambert will miss a few fixtures when Lynn have an EL fixture...that's if we end up with clashes.

Welcome to Simon anyway :t: Just wonder who the final rider will be. I personally don't want to see Dilger again, but that's just my own view, and I'm not the one assembling this team, so it doesn't matter what I think :lol:

There is a rule change for 2015. The team that owns the rider get priority. If neither team own the rider then the the team that is in the same league as the owning team get priority.

If Blackbird was a Ipswich asset you would of thought they would of looked to include him in there side and not let him go to a localish rival who ride in the same lge

Was posting at the sametime as your post was on the thread you expect it with Lambert but its good that the others will mostly be available

It's annoying enough having guests in the EL! So I understand fans frustrations, particularly if you've travelled to say, Berwick for example, only to find several of your teams riders missing.

There is a rule change for 2015. The team that owns the rider get priority. If neither team own the rider then the the team that is in the same league as the owning team get priority.

Yes. Yes that's what I was trying to explain :lol: I knew of that rule change as it came up at Lynn's recent fans forum. So wait, that does mean that Simon will be missing when Leicester race then :neutral: Hmm. Well, let's hope neither Lynn's or Leicester's fixtures clash with the Panthers then! EDIT: yes, I am also an idiot for making an incorrect statement before :oops: hahaha!

Edited by em1500uk

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but can anyone explain why that system has any logic to it??

Lewis is a Mildenhall asset.

Which is NL - so who now gets priority??

I'm not particularly au fait with NL rules and regulations other than what I get by watching the matches but last I heard - admittedly some time ago - was that NL clubs (well, Conference clubs as they were called back then) can't hold assets. Has that changed now?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Yes it has changed now :)

How can you gain an asset by exchanging a rider from another club? Blackbird and Oliver Rayson swapped clubs, but Rayson wasn't Mildenhall's rider to swap, he was an Ipswich rider.

Obviously Chris Louis was behind that deal as he was involved with both clubs. It's a strange one.

From an outside observer's point of view, speedway's 'senior' league sides should always take precedence when there is a clash. It would make it appear less 'mickey mouse'!!

• Like 1