British Speedway Forum
Stoke Potter

Best Speedway Track In The World?

This may have been done before but I can't remember see it.

What is the best track in the world for close racing and amount of passing?

How would you know if had been done before after all you have made two posts ...As I said how do remember all the passwords kks

Edited by orion

Liberec takes some beating. Short straights, big bends and wide. As soon as I walked in it felt right, and it didn't disappoint. Also really liked Leylstad in Holland. Strange that, two of my favourites begin with L, also one of the worst does, bet you can't guess where that is, and It's not Lodz, Lejonen,Lublin or Lakeside.

Edited by spanner47

Lviv, Lendava, Lonigo, Ljubljana, Lamothe, Leicester, Leszno, Linkoping ? :P

Cool to see you've been to a Dutch track :) When was you there? :)

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

About 5 years ago, had a long talk with the owner. He told me he spoke to lots of experienced riders before laying the track, they all told him short straights and big bends was the way to go. Shame the bloke at Leicester didn't do the same.

Kumla has looked bloody good on Eurosport this year.

• Like 1

Add London Lions to the one 'L' of a bad track list!

Not a patch on the original track.

• Like 2

You're forgetting Linlithgow/Lathallan. Tidy little track with a nice bump into bend 3 that I remember well.

Of course, being serious, 'best' can mean lots of things - best for passing, best for facilities, best for location, best for when it's raining, best for value etc. For racing then I think most tracks have their moments. I particularly enjoyed the Bradford World Final in 1990, the Semi they had there and the WTC in 1989 was dramatic of course - all for the racing and atmosphere. I remember seeing a decent Czech league meeting at Pardubice - the space there is astounding and in the middle of the woods. Mildenhall is a cool little track and Peterborough awesome to ride. Scheesel was an eye opener, simply for the speed reached, although that's longtrack so probably out of scope for this thread.

You're forgetting Linlithgow/Lathallan. Tidy little track with a nice bump into bend 3 that I remember well.

Of course, being serious, 'best' can mean lots of things - best for passing, best for facilities, best for location, best for when it's raining, best for value etc. For racing then I think most tracks have their moments. I particularly enjoyed the Bradford World Final in 1990, the Semi they had there and the WTC in 1989 was dramatic of course - all for the racing and atmosphere. I remember seeing a decent Czech league meeting at Pardubice - the space there is astounding and in the middle of the woods. Mildenhall is a cool little track and Peterborough awesome to ride. Scheesel was an eye opener, simply for the speed reached, although that's longtrack so probably out of scope for this thread.

Peterborough without a doubt, but it looks like Sunday might be the last ever meeting at the Showground. Great pity if it is