British Speedway Forum

For those that haven't seen it, there is a short video interview with Dave and Ricky Ashworth over on the BSPA site, don't know how to post a link but if someone can I would be grateful. Good to see Ricky looking so well.

Edited by screm

Ricky an inspiration!!! Keep getting better, keep fighting, you have the determination to succeed. Look forward to the meeting next year here's hoping for a massive turn out for a very worthy, likable speedway guy.

• Like 5

Whatever the rights and wrongs, the ins and out of the situation, Matej Kus has signed for Redcar and Berwick need to move on and sign a team capable of carrying on from a successful 2014.

Yep ,Personaly think we dodged a bullet with Matej on that average.though I thank him for the good season he had with Bandits last year.
  • Like 1

Yep ,Personaly think we dodged a bullet with Matej on that average.though I thank him for the good season he had with Bandits last year.

My thoughts exactly..

I get that, though I would've signed him as it seems that Berwick were keen to as well, Kus IMO is a confidence rider, came into 2014 with his confidence low then we all saw the difference a few big scores made once he dropped to reserve admittedly. Maybe he will keep that up in 2015, if he does Redcar have a cracking signing, if he doesn't he might end up back at Berwick in 2016 on a reduced average.

I get that, though I would've signed him as it seems that Berwick were keen to as well, Kus IMO is a confidence rider, came into 2014 with his confidence low then we all saw the difference a few big scores made once he dropped to reserve admittedly. Maybe he will keep that up in 2015, if he does Redcar have a cracking signing, if he doesn't he might end up back at Berwick in 2016 on a reduced average.

Not very often I correct you Screm. Matej was on a massive low in 2013, he went to Austrailia pre Xmas, rode well, picked him up big time. When He signed for Berwick he was the most confident I had seen in a few years, so please stand corrected. :wink:

Maybe Berwick got the best out of Kus last season, after all he did spend most of it from reserve, and some could argue he did struggle once he moved into the main body of the team, as an example Vissing (on a similar average) would be a better rider to have in the main body of the team and would be backed up strongly by Barker.

Remember when we missed out on micky dyer? and we all know what happened there.

I don't think Kus did struggle when he moved up, but I do think that he reached his level.

Certainly a massive improvement throughout the season.

In full flow he is a very classy rider with a beautiful style.

I always admire any sportsman who comes back from a low point in such style. Takes tremendous character to be able to do that.

• Like 3

I don't think Kus did struggle when he moved up, but I do think that he reached his level.

Certainly a massive improvement throughout the season.

In full flow he is a very classy rider with a beautiful style.

I always admire any sportsman who comes back from a low point in such style. Takes tremendous character to be able to do that.

His style always reminded me of Rymel, nor surprising as they shared the same garage at Marketa, probably not as exciting to watch as Adrian. Like you I feel he did OK in the main body, it was the clubs luck that he rode at reserve for that period. I also believe there was little bit more to come, closer to an eight Average.

He reminds me of Rymel too, but maybe not as aggressive when behind.

I think there is a wee improvement to come,too, he was tremendous round Redcar last year, so I'm not surprised they want him!

He reminds me of Rymel too, but maybe not as aggressive when behind.

I think there is a wee improvement to come,too, he was tremendous round Redcar last year, so I'm not surprised they want him!

As I said previously Brian praised him highly at Redcar in 2013, he new the problem with Matej, and was willing to stick with him. He probably needed that year away to get his head back together.

• Like 1

So whats happening with Jake Allen now on 7 point average??