British Speedway Forum

Supporters Club are running a bus to rickys meeting £20 or if you join the supporters club £5 for adults or £2-50 for under 16's it will cost you £10 for the bus

Maybe Dyson wants to suck up as much rubbish as he as he can....

[thanks very much

Edited by mr dyson

is there something up no comment from mr Anderson got me worried

Attention seeking again, looks like its worked

Supporters Club are running a bus to rickys meeting £20 or if you join the supporters club £5 for adults or £2-50 for under 16's it will cost you £10 for the bus

If anyone wants to book a seat, phone Lisa on:-

Another e-Newsletter out tonight.... Since people don't seem to want them replicated here, I'll just post the lead story and say they are further items tonight on Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen, the Newcastle match, Gordon Inglis, Ian Paterson's superb museum, the press & practice, another rule change, Gordon Inglis, 2015 ticketing and hospitality bookings..

To read the whole e-Newsletters, all that's required is to go to the Bandits' website, enter your e-mail address in a box and click!

BANDIT BEN There are some of us who can still hardly believe Ben Barker, fresh from the podium at last season’s British Championship, is a Bandit – but it’s true, it’s true!

26-year-old Ben (his birthday is next Tuesday, for anyone aiming to give him a card) has joined up as our new No 1 and is ready, willing and able to make his first Shielfield season a superb success.

“I’m really looking forward to getting up there” he told Banditmail this morning.

“It’s all so positive, my friends have got me very well-organised, there’s a place to stay and work on the bikes when I’m in the north, and when I get my motors back from service and my new kevlars delivered, I’m good to go!”

Our cheerful Cornishman’s frank admission that things such as engines and racewear aren’t completely organised is refreshingly honest – and so much better that sky-high promises from others in the past which proved a little, shall we say, optimistic – boding well for Ben’s stature at our club.

He will continue to live at home near Trelawney – exactly 500 miles from Shielfield Park – and if he has no other racing commitments (he’s signed up in Poland, has a number of German bookings and “as many Elite League guest opportunities as come my way” planned) intends to travel up on a Friday, to remain fresh for our home matches.

“But the Bandits – beg your pardon, the Dixon Building Bandits – are top of the list at present” he assures us. “Berwick’s fixture list comes first, then I’ll look at other meetings”.

Ben’s stature in the sport is perhaps a reason that we have no home meeting on June 13th – that’s the date set for the World Team Cup Final at Voyens in Denmark, and with his name surely an automatic choice for Alun Rossiter’s Team GB, why shouldn’t we be prepared to settle down in front of the telly that night and cheer on ‘one of our own’ as (provided they make the Final) the British boys go for gold?

He will be arriving at Shielfield for our press’n’practice evening (less than three weeks away) in the middle of a busy spell of early-season skidding.

Starting at Swindon this Sunday (8th) with the BenFund Bonanza – he is deservedly proud of being the only rider to have raced in every Bonanza to date – he’ll then drop in at Peterborough on March 15th where he’s in Rosco’s GB select squad, next to Ipswich for the Billy Sanders Memorial on Thursday 19th and, after checking in for our own photocall on the Saturday, there’s the little matter of Ricky Ashworth’s big day at Sheffield on Sunday 22nd.

All of which will fine-tune Ben’s skills nicely for his first real test at the top of our team, when Newcastle’s Diamond geezers come calling on March 28th.

Ben Barker’s a Bandit – we can STILL hardly believe it!

Seems according to the bandits news letter tonight that Danny king is newcastle's number one this season

Someone better tell Danny King and chris louis

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 2

He will continue to live at home near Trelawney – exactly 500 miles from Shielfield Park – and if he has no other racing commitments (he’s signed up in Poland, has a number of German bookings and “as many Elite League guest opportunities as come my way” planned) intends to travel up on a Friday, to remain fresh for our home matches.

Ben’s stature in the sport is perhaps a reason that we have no home meeting on June 13th – that’s the date set for the World Team Cup Final at Voyens in Denmark, and with his name surely an automatic choice for Alun Rossiter’s Team GB, why shouldn’t we be prepared to settle down in front of the telly that night and cheer on ‘one of our own’ as (provided they make the Final) the British boys go for gold?

Would that be Trelawney in Zimbabwe or Jamaica? :icon_smile_clown:

As for the suggestion a rider who is riding PL only will be riding for Team GB, well, thats madness. More so than the suggestion we'll even be in the final :D

Here is the news that Danny king is a diamond

Bandits news letter first for all the news

The Brough Parkers have got Danny King at the top of their team this season -- we're already salivating at the thought of his clashes with Ben Barker -- and have appointed former Bandit Ludwig Lindgren as their 2015 skipper.

• Like 2

Here is the news that Danny king is a diamond

Bandits news letter first for all the news

The Brough Parkers have got Danny King at the top of their team this season -- we're already salivating at the thought of his clashes with Ben Barker -- and have appointed former Bandit Ludwig Lindgren as their 2015 skipper.

write out one hundred times

I must proof read before I press send

• Like 2

After readin that newsletter i'm not to sure if Berwick have signed a big name or poor wee Ben!

Loved the bit about him surely being a automatic pick for Team GB in the world cup, it did make me smile. :D

Edited by Mr Blobby

After readin that newsletter i'm not to sure if Berwick have signed a big name or poor wee Ben!

Loved the bit about him surely being a automatic pick for Team GB in the world cup, it did make me smile. :D

Hmmmm, I wonder who'll end the year with the better average between BB and CC?

I'll have fifty quid on CC .. :t:

no contest cook.

whos craig cook riding for Ipswich seeing Ipswich have lost danny king Edited by Goodiepatchie