British Speedway Forum

I'm guessing everyone you've spoken to was aware Matic Voldrih was riding on Saturday with his shoulder strapped up and two ice-packs on it? This following an alarming spill at Armadale the previous evening.

Not heard that from anyone, including anything from the club, nor was it reported on Berwick Advertiser web site. As already said I put nothing into how a rider can ride from press & practice, it's what it is. a rider trying out the track and the bike on his own, not under race conditions. So apart from meeting them and everyone getting together for the first time this season, it serves little else. I will reserve any comments until after the first meeting.

By the way at least 20 fans didn't know about him being strapped up either.

can any body tell me if ben barker is using steen jenson bikes please just interested

One thing for sure bens equipment wont be up to the standard of thy last couple of seasons as he is no longer part of the Revolution speedway who provided ben with very best gear and also a top mechanic on Rob Painter,i think this will effect bens scoring alot over the season his ave will drop imo
  • Like 1

Agree time to tell will be when 4 riders head for 1st bend after tapes go up.Not long now.

IMO its unwise to base any opinions either way on one press and practice session, even in this weekends challenge meetings with Newcastle you can bet riders will be trying new bits and bobs in readiness for the first proper meeting a week later, that's when opinions can be formed.

I'm guessing everyone you've spoken to was aware Matic Voldrih was riding on Saturday with his shoulder strapped up and two ice-packs on it? This following an alarming spill at Armadale the previous evening.

I see Voldrih and Jorgensen are at Newcastle today, so any shoulder injury hasn't prevented him having a few laps today.

I see Voldrih and Jorgensen are at Newcastle today, so any shoulder injury hasn't prevented him having a few laps today.

Likewise on Saturday, not quite sure what your point is!

Likewise on Saturday, not quite sure what your point is!

I can see what his point is,you just like to put him down,the club spokesperson on this forum has stated has has an injured shoulder!!

Not heard that from anyone, including anything from the club, nor was it reported on Berwick Advertiser web site.

our superb sports reporter struggles to spell his own name yet alone report any facts that may or may not have been told to him

Even if he was told he'd prob report that matic had stubbed his toe

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 1

Big turnout of Bandits fans at Ricky's big day yesterday , they were in fine voice and it created a great atmosphere . See you all can get on together :-)

• Like 4

I can see what his point is,you just like to put him down,the club spokesperson on this forum has stated has has an injured shoulder!!

Looks like my favourite troll needed feeding, I thought my point was quite a simple one to.

• Like 1

Looks like my favourite troll needed feeding, I thought my point was quite a simple one to.

I mis-read your post. I get your point now!

our superb sports reporter struggles to spell his own name yet alone report any facts that may or may not have been told to him Even if he was told he'd prob report that matic had stubbed his toe

I have to disagree with you, Keith Hamblin reports the facts as they are, with no fluffy bits. Too many fans want the report to be always praising the team even when they are less than good. I much prefer to read what it was really like through an un-biased view, in my opinion that it was you get from Keith Hamblin.

I have to disagree with you, Keith Hamblin reports the facts as they are, with no fluffy bits. Too many fans want the report to be always praising the team even when they are less than good. I much prefer to read what it was really like through an un-biased view, in my opinion that it was you get from Keith Hamblin.

he is a lazy journalist struggles to get names right and dates (said berwick won KOC on 1990 once only one year out) as most journalists are scum Keith is just lax he does little or no research into anything football or speedway gets event details wrong i.e date for hall of fame has got several players names for BRFC wrong etc etc etc he may well say it as it is regarding reporting speedway yes that's his jobs point is if he's told anything he doesn't either listen or write it down his direct quotes from officials either BRFC or Berwick speedway are nearly always wrong Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 1

There are some very good journalists out there though..

I do enjoy picking up my Guardian Newspaper

glad you said that Robin and not the daily mail which is full of the scum of the earth journos

he is a lazy journalist struggles to get names right and dates (said berwick won KOC on 1990 once only one year out) as most journalists are scum Keith is just lax

I would describe him as a 'Reporter' and not a journalist, Reporters do just that, Journalists sensationalise. I suppose I am lucky I just want to read things as they are and not the cloud cukoo version.

There are some very good journalists out there though..

I do enjoy picking up my Guardian Newspaper

Try the Independant, it's slightly less right of right in it's views, however the Guardian crossword is enjoyable

I would describe him as a 'Reporter' and not a journalist, Reporters do just that, Journalists sensationalise. I suppose I am lucky I just want to read things as they are and not the cloud cukoo version.

he needs to learn to proof read his reporting before he publishes it his facts are generally wrong or spelt wrong or dates wrong
  • Like 1