British Speedway Forum

It will surely be tested at some point.

I certainly wouldn't have expected Kus to choose not riding PL at all as an option, though.

He could always go back to Redcar and under perform. Won't be worth that 21k if he's back on a five point average next year.

At the end of the day he was a Redcar rider and they always had first call on him, he done a great job for us in 2014 and if he really wanted to be a bandit in 2015 he could have just refused to ride for redcar. Paul Clews was a Birmingham asset but only wanted to ride for Berwick a few years ago and made sure it happened. I guess Matej has been offered a contract at Redcar that suits him so time to move on.

Our own Czech Pepe Franc is much better value on 5.67 than Kus on 7.52, so we do have a ready made replacement that leaves us more points should Jake Allen have to come on 7.00.

• Like 2

The Poles, like the French, pick and choose which EU laws they follow.

As do the Germans and the Spanish, and is another reason for us to leave the EU at first opportunity.

At the end of the day he was a Redcar rider and they always had first call on him, he done a great job for us in 2014 and if he really wanted to be a bandit in 2015 he could have just refused to ride for redcar. Paul Clews was a Birmingham asset but only wanted to ride for Berwick a few years ago and made sure it happened. I guess Matej has been offered a contract at Redcar that suits him so time to move on.

Our own Czech Pepe Franc is much better value on 5.67 than Kus on 7.52, so we do have a ready made replacement that leaves us more points should Jake Allen have to come on 7.00.

Mind Neil, although I welcome Barker with open arms, he is not coming in a bargain fee, probably one of the most expensive riders in the PL. So much for our club claiming they are struggling financially, hardly balancing the books is it.. As said Matej is a Redcar asset, and it is up to that club as to where he rides, if he was my asset i would want him back.

Mind Neil, although I welcome Barker with open arms, he is not coming in a bargain fee, probably one of the most expensive riders in the PL. So much for our club claiming they are struggling financially, hardly balancing the books is it.. As said Matej is a Redcar asset, and it is up to that club as to where he rides, if he was my asset i would want him back.

I thought it was only Glasgow that were allowed to sign expensive riders? :party::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Surely, the owning club should be asked first if the rider is available for loan, before agreeing terms with the rider. It's the owning clubs prerogative to use one of their own assets. In this case I think Mr Havvy is getting some unfair flack. Also, the rider can refuse to sign if he wants to ride for another club. Even though Havvy said the only way Matty could leave would be on a full transfer, if push came to shove money from a loan deal is better than no money at all!

Must admit I was a little shocked when I read the Berwick angle.

Wouldn't it have been easier to discuss WITH Redcar AT the AGM!!

Redcar are in the right and Berwick have tried to be a little sly to get the rider they want.

probably taffy does that mean you don't know
  • Like 1

Redcar are in the right and Berwick have tried to be a little sly to get the rider they want.

they did similar with Bellego didnt they? :)

they did similar with Bellego didnt they? :)

We don't talk about us being shafted sorry losing out on that anymore.

Berwick's e-newsletter yesterday explained they HAD discussed an ongoing loan deal with Mr Havelock at the AGM, he had agreed it with both Berwick promoters, after which they negotiated their deal with the rider.

Only when they later e-mailed confirmation to Redcar did Mr H inform them Redcar had changed their mind, and wouldn't authorise the already-agreed loan arrangement.

• Like 4

was on about the barker comment 'probably the most expensive rider in the pl' do you know what he's getting then

Has he dropped his point money to come to Berwick, he may well have, but knowing speedway riders damned unlikely

Surely, the owning club should be asked first if the rider is available for loan, before agreeing terms with the rider. It's the owning clubs prerogative to use one of their own assets. In this case I think Mr Havvy is getting some unfair flack. Also, the rider can refuse to sign if he wants to ride for another club. Even though Havvy said the only way Matty could leave would be on a full transfer, if push came to shove money from a loan deal is better than no money at all!

According to the newsletter Havelock was ok about Matej coming back on loan when asked at the AGM , he then changed his mind and decided on a full transfer

Has he dropped his point money to come to Berwick, he may well have, but knowing speedway riders damned unlikely

After losing out financially in previous seasons due not being paid , Ben was probably keen to ride for a team where he knows he'll get paid , it might be less but at least he'll get it

• Like 2

Berwick's e-newsletter yesterday explained they HAD discussed an ongoing loan deal with Mr Havelock at the AGM, he had agreed it with both Berwick promoters, after which they negotiated their deal with the rider.

Only when they later e-mailed confirmation to Redcar did Mr H inform them Redcar had changed their mind, and wouldn't authorise the already-agreed loan arrangement.

Official press release states discussions were held and " was all very harmonious everything seemed ok to push ahead as in the season just ended" no mention of an already agreed loan agreement being in place, just that Berwick had authorisation to speak with Kus about him returning. Mr H well within his rights to have a change of mind when Berwick come back to finalise the deal, especially if his plans have not gone according to plan.

Seems to me that because this option hasn't worked out Berwick promotion are trying to call foul and deflect any criticism from themselves !!

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 1