British Speedway Forum

Nope on the night

He probably paid on the night but for previous week meetings surely! You need time to work out wages for the same nights racing I imagine? Whatever, no use nit picking, both promotions seem to be blessed with same ethos!

What about a team full of the promotions best pals and the blokes who are best in the pub afterwards, and attending the various hogroasts.

1. Alden

2. Franc

3. Doolan

4. Jensen

5. Aspegren

6. Mudgway

7. Edberg

What about a team full of the promotions best pals and the blokes who are best in the pub afterwards, and attending the various hogroasts.

1. Alden

2. Franc

3. Doolan

4. Jensen

5. Aspegren

6. Mudgway

7. Edberg

To be fair there was not a lot wrong with your team this year? Maybe an out and out number one especially away yet having said that they won 5 away.Actually joking apart not much wrong with your team above except Mudgway who looks lost to speedway.

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

What's an "out and out Number 1" then?

Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?

I'm convinced Newcastle would be in the play-offs if they hadn't sacrificed Rosen and Henry to bring in Danny King. Sheffield (Stead) and Plymouth (Barker) haven't exactly pulled up too many trees.

Berwick got it right this year, very right. They would be crazy to build next year's team on any other policy, even if the names aren't all the same, the policy surely has to be?

• Like 3

Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?

I'm convinced Newcastle would be in the play-offs if they hadn't sacrificed Rosen and Henry to bring in Danny King.

not a chance we would have been anywhere near imo

Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?

I'm convinced Newcastle would be in the play-offs if they hadn't sacrificed Rosen and Henry to bring in Danny King. Sheffield (Stead) and Plymouth (Barker) haven't exactly pulled up too many trees.

Berwick got it right this year, very right. They would be crazy to build next year's team on any other policy, even if the names aren't all the same, the policy surely has to be?

Simon Stead

What's an "out and out Number 1" then?Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?I'm convinced Newcastle would be in the play-offs if they hadn't sacrificed Rosen and Henry to bring in Danny King. Sheffield (Stead) and Plymouth (Barker) haven't exactly pulled up too many trees.Berwick got it right this year, very right. They would be crazy to build next year's team on any other policy, even if the names aren't all the same, the policy surely has to be?

Simon Stead 9.96 is hardly shabby.

Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?

The strategy is pretty simple sign seven riders capable of achieving there averages, we signed 6 with Vissing Jensen (early doors) scoring well then Matej Kus had a purple patch. I also feel it is imperative riders race at a Number that is applicable to there ability?

For example Kevin Doolan at No1 not a Number One he struggled, Claus Vissing very erratic at No1 not a Number One

Matej Kus too good to be a reserve hence consistent big scores

To be honest this year HAS been a massive improvement and has restored my belief as I see we are at least going into every meeting with the intention of winning.. of course we will get the usual predictable humping at Armadale but overall I think this year has been a big progression. While we don't have any superstars I feel the Seven guys and Liam gave there all. Did we peak to early yes? Would an injection of quality taken us over the finishing line? yes but Wethers going wasn't to get the chop and nor was Doolan who then finished well while Vissing and Bellego for me produced unpredictable inconsistency.

William Lawson never a Number One? Had he achieved 8.5 9 the team still would have failed no reserves, Aarnio was mince Burza won about 4 races away from Berwick and Franc was never there

Gjedde? Again no reserves, Franc not there Complin hopeless away from home just hideous team building.. Tam Sike on a 5?

Kennett.. no reserves Bellego inconsistant along with Smith Bellego and Aspegren....

So even if they boys had averaged 9 points I don't think we would have made the Top 6 the team structure was wrong. I also believe the league has got weaker this campaign. A lot of people talk about the win at Workington but I thought the win at Plymouth was very impressive generally the Devils home form is decent, crap on the road.

To surmise I think Razor got something right popping Steen at reserve *good move* and John bringing in Alex to cement the reserve position however we were lacking at the Top. Drop Visser to 5 and take your pick as to who you want in the middle order. But someone at Number One to hold that position will hopefully mean we can put a stronger challenge for next season.

• Like 1

David Bellego`s final attempt in the Under-21 Finals ended with a 10th place finish in the Czech Republic this afternoon, he finished the meeting with 7pts. The meeting was won by Kasper Gomolski, but the title went to Piotr Pawlicki.

David Bellego`s final attempt in the Under-21 Finals ended with a 10th place finish in the Czech Republic this afternoon, he finished the meeting with 7pts. The meeting was won by Kasper Gomolski, but the title went to Piotr Pawlicki.

No shock future world champion for sure

The strategy is pretty simple sign seven riders capable of achieving there averages, we signed 6 with Vissing Jensen (early doors) scoring well then Matej Kus had a purple patch. I also feel it is imperative riders race at a Number that is applicable to there ability?

For example Kevin Doolan at No1 not a Number One he struggled, Claus Vissing very erratic at No1 not a Number One

Matej Kus too good to be a reserve hence consistent big scores

To be honest this year HAS been a massive improvement and has restored my belief as I see we are at least going into every meeting with the intention of winning.. of course we will get the usual predictable humping at Armadale but overall I think this year has been a big progression. While we don't have any superstars I feel the Seven guys and Liam gave there all. Did we peak to early yes? Would an injection of quality taken us over the finishing line? yes but Wethers going wasn't to get the chop and nor was Doolan who then finished well while Vissing and Bellego for me produced unpredictable inconsistency.

William Lawson never a Number One? Had he achieved 8.5 9 the team still would have failed no reserves, Aarnio was mince Burza won about 4 races away from Berwick and Franc was never there

Gjedde? Again no reserves, Franc not there Complin hopeless away from home just hideous team building.. Tam Sike on a 5?

Kennett.. no reserves Bellego inconsistant along with Smith Bellego and Aspegren....

So even if they boys had averaged 9 points I don't think we would have made the Top 6 the team structure was wrong. I also believe the league has got weaker this campaign. A lot of people talk about the win at Workington but I thought the win at Plymouth was very impressive generally the Devils home form is decent, crap on the road.

To surmise I think Razor got something right popping Steen at reserve *good move* and John bringing in Alex to cement the reserve position however we were lacking at the Top. Drop Visser to 5 and take your pick as to who you want in the middle order. But someone at Number One to hold that position will hopefully mean we can put a stronger challenge for next season.

I think you will find from earlier posts it was Promoter G Hepburn who got Jensen?

I think you will find from earlier posts it was Promoter G Hepburn who got Jensen?

Does it really matter what we need to do is find another two riders who can rotate in and out of reserve and score decent points home and away then a rider who will lead the team by example from the front then fill in the blanks.

Wethers average now 5-50 so would be ideal for reserve berth

With Alex alongside him that could be a decent pairing , add to the mix Jensen as a second string who can rotate with Weathers

What's an "out and out Number 1" then?Gjedde? Lawson? Kennett?I'm convinced Newcastle would be in the play-offs if they hadn't sacrificed Rosen and Henry to bring in Danny King. Sheffield (Stead) and Plymouth (Barker) haven't exactly pulled up too many trees.Berwick got it right this year, very right. They would be crazy to build next year's team on any other policy, even if the names aren't all the same, the policy surely has to be?

An "out and out" No1 is a rider that can win important races Home and Away like heats 13 & 15. Berwick did not have that rider in a lot of meetings especially away from home.

Based on green sheet av.from start of season.

Vissing. -0.20

Doolan. -0.40

Bellego. -0.30

Jensen. +0.64

Kus. +1.33

Wethers. -1.29

Edberg. 0.00.

Did well to finish 4th IMO.