British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

I think you would sign Holder on a 7.00 IF he wasn't going to be a Poole asset, if you owned him, youd have him for 2 seasons, then sell him for 20k. Win win.

• Like 1

Good pedigree though.Has always been touted as a talent .

How's that? His brother has one 1 world title and may never win another and his other brother don't get me started. Just because everyone says he's great does not mean he is. Also as his brother with some ability thinks our track is c$$p unlikely he would tell him to come to us. So it's a No from moi.

Good pedigree though.Has always been touted as a talent .

How's that? His brother has one 1 world title and may never win another and his other brother don't get me started. Just because everyone says he's great does not mean he is. Also as his brother with some ability thinks our track is c$$p unlikely he would tell him to come to us. So it's a No from moi.

Not a fan of the Holders then!!!!!!.Suppose 1 world Title is not enough for you.
  • Like 1

When he was younger, some reckoned he was a better talent than either of his brothers.

• Like 2

I think you would sign Holder on a 7.00 IF he wasn't going to be a Poole asset, if you owned him, youd have him for 2 seasons, then sell him for 20k. Win win.

That could well of been his biggest downfall.

najjer.. how dare you jump off the somerset topic and slow it down..

When he was younger, some reckoned he was a better talent than either of his brothers.

when Gazza was younger his brother Carl was thought a better talent.... Gazza made it Carl didnt.... Means diddly squat at the end of the day.

Is it not so wonderful that the deliberate attempt to circumvent the rules by a team at the other end of the country is seemingly preventing us from naming a team. If this is the case, it surely means we have an interest in a rider down there, be it Holder or Richie. Since we cant fit both Worralls in, Steve too is in limbo. Surely it is time for the border agency to make a statement which takes it out of the hands of certain self-righteous team owners so that we can all move on!

Is it not so wonderful that the deliberate attempt to circumvent the rules by a team at the other end of the country is seemingly preventing us from naming a team. If this is the case, it surely means we have an interest in a rider down there, be it Holder or Richie. Since we cant fit both Worralls in, Steve too is in limbo. Surely it is time for the border agency to make a statement which takes it out of the hands of certain self-righteous team owners so that we can all move on!

how is it preventing us??

how is it preventing us??

Because I think the Diamonds still think they have a sniff with Richie should a Rebels team place fall through. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part. It still boils down to the BSPA basically trying to 'bully' the border agency. I for one hope they fail miserably. Its about time that the Bspa realise just what an insignificant bunch they are in the real world.

when Gazza was younger his brother Carl was thought a better talent.... Gazza made it Carl didnt.... Means diddly squat at the end of the day.

In about 2001/2 I was trying to get James Wright for the Gems, and I was told go for Charlie instead, he is a better rider. Took a few years, like 10 years, but they were right eventually.

Was that not also true about Peter Beadsley and his brother.(similar to Gazza).

Because I think the Diamonds still think they have a sniff with Richie should a Rebels team place fall through. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part. It still boils down to the BSPA basically trying to 'bully' the border agency. I for one hope they fail miserably. Its about time that the Bspa realise just what an insignificant bunch they are in the real world.

Is that 'insignificant' in that the agreed rate for new Aussies was 7, but it was not reviewed for a few years, and then collectively, the BSPA thought, and most people still think they were right, that it was too high and we operated a 4 for new entrants. That operated fairly for a number of years, but unknown to Speedway, the UKBA were collating the situation regarding new riders entering the country and illegally riding second halfs, and we were called to account for the breach of the old agreed rate. The UKBA have insisted on the return of the old rate, despite the BSPA and many learned poster on here, that 4 is more correct average instead of the original 7. The BSPA were trying to reach agreement with UKBA to drop it to the fairer average of 4, but it would look like the BSPA has read the signals and decided it would be in the sports interest to revert back to the 7, hence the return to the 7 for both Jack H and J Allen. As others have said on here, the 7 average is too high and, conditions attached to that decision, mean we could see a great reduction in the number of OZ riders in this country, before the push for new Brits has started to produce the number of quality Brits to make up the numbers we need for the leagues in the future. Since the 4 was introduced , how many OZ riders would not have been risked on a 7 had that ruling been adhered to.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

I remember a lad who played along side Alan Shearer when they were younger,,, he was gonna be the best thing and Alan was'nt,,, dunno what went wrong, but I think the lad still work's at the Ministry at Benton :-(