British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole Pirates Mon 29th

Kings Lynn elected to have strong reserves ? they were given Kerr that gave them a massive edge over most teams ... Cook is like for like with josh and with RR for Ward with that being filled by half fit riders makes poor very weak for this match . Not sure why that would make your blood boil .

I think you're missing the point. We went top heavy in our 1-5 with a 3pt and a 4pt second string knowing that our 2 heat leaders were GP riders and we could get Kerr and Rose in the draft. Had we not got Kenneth and Niels, no doubt we'd have built a more balanced 1-5 like in 2013 (Niels, Rory, Stead, Mads, Nicolai).

But now, Take away our top 2, and reduce the strength of the draft pairing and we've turned our advantage into a disadvantage. It's not hard to see is it?

My heart is bleeding for Poole that you have replaced Josh with a rider with GP experience, 2nd in the British Final, who has a double figure PL average and who has just been signed by Stal Gorzow - he's obviously a rookie who weakens your team tremendously. FFS.

Shamek scored double figures in the GP qualifier so is as fit as any speedway rider ever is so gain no quibbles there.

Nothing worse than the 'rich pleading poverty'.

• Like 1

King for ward..... Wot a joke!!!!

According to some Poole fans there were always plenty of suitable guests........ :rofl:

• Like 1

According to some Poole fans there were always plenty of suitable guests........ :rofl:

Would rather have had Nicholls but i have always liked King decent guest in my opinion.

Still rather have josh, look at cook on his own track monday couldnt pass anyone, if he doesnt gate he wont pass and he was rubbish in the world cup last year, when the pressures on he bottles it.

mate seriously Cook is far better at 2 than Josh

• Like 2

Suppose that's why Cook has a lower EL average than Josh because he is so much better.Did you see him monday on the tv, he couldn't pass even on his home track.

You still don't grasp the new format and how it affects the averages do you. ;)

• Like 2

Look at the 2 teams in comparison

King v Nicholls - fairly even around Lynn i would say

Lambert v Cook - raw 16 year old against a gp rider british number 2 and a 10 point man in the premier. No contest Cook

Schlein v Pawlicki - Pawlicki

Porsing v Milik - Porsing

R/R v Magic - No contest Magic

Kerr v Newman - early in the season Kerr, now possibly Newman

Lambert v Compton - Lambert

I would say Poole are stronger inmore areas than Lynn.

Those Poole fans moaning about injuries make me laugh. How many injured riders have they got? Possibly 1 in Milik

Kings Lynn re missing 3

• Like 1

King for ward..... Wot a joke!!!!

Be okay if he has his gating boots on! :)

Interesting choice! I would have maybe looked at Davey in that area.

Only got 4 for Lakeside there a few weeks ago..

Kings Lynn re missing 3

Bjerre is back. So 2 from each side. So no excuses! ! :)

That looks a lot more encouraging than I thought it would. Hopefully we can get some kind of lead to take down there, bit don't think there'll be an awful lot in either meeting.

That looks a lot more encouraging than I thought it would. Hopefully we can get some kind of lead to take down there, bit don't think there'll be an awful lot in either meeting.

I think if you can go down there with a 8 point lead (and I think you can) then your lads will have the upper hand. You've kept it close at all away meeting this season, even when Puk has not been at his best.

Still maintain that while Poole/Swindon final is most likely final that a Coventry/Lynn final is not as impossible - and I honestly don't think we've had a play off where any 4 of the teams could make the final.

Look at the 2 teams in comparison

King v Nicholls - fairly even around Lynn i would say

Lambert v Cook - raw 16 year old against a gp rider british number 2 and a 10 point man in the premier. No contest Cook

Schlein v Pawlicki - Pawlicki

Porsing v Milik - Porsing

R/R v Magic - No contest Magic

Kerr v Newman - early in the season Kerr, now possibly Newman

Lambert v Compton - Lambert

I would say Poole are stronger inmore areas than Lynn.

Those Poole fans moaning about injuries make me laugh. How many injured riders have they got? Possibly 1 in Milik

Kings Lynn re missing 3

I like King but Nicholls is better, the reserves even themselves out i would say although Newman is in the form of his life, Can only see Bjerre beating Magic certainly expect double figures from him, Pawlicki is better than Schlein but Rory should have the edge at Kings Lynn, Porsing should be better too, he has ridden well lately but one thing you can say is Milik will give his all.

There you go Nicholls doesn't look so bad now does he.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1