British Speedway Forum

As much as I enjoy our rare victories over our nearest and dearest, I am pleased things are on the up in the wild west - Paulco can relax with a wee beer now..... The plans for ashfield look great, the biggest bonus will be if we can bring on young Scottish riders as the supply line pratically dried up with the demise of the Dale Devils due to planning restrictions.

I'll settle for 8 x 50-40 this year ;)

• Like 1

As much as I enjoy our rare victories over our nearest and dearest, I am pleased things are on the up in the wild west - Paulco can relax with a wee beer now..... The plans for ashfield look great, the biggest bonus will be if we can bring on young Scottish riders as the supply line pratically dried up with the demise of the Dale Devils due to planning restrictions.

I'll settle for 8 x 50-40 this year ;)

A wee beer ???????? This aint Edinburgh :wink:

Just read the Speedway Star article , and i'm even more enthusiastic about the coming season than i was before . Loved the bit Gerry Facenna said about Nick Morris . He went over to Smugville for the play off final and all the Smugs were booing and jeering Nick - they hate him there . " He's the guy we need in our team " says Gerry . You gotta love that reasoning :P

• Like 9

Just read the Speedway Star article , and i'm even more enthusiastic about the coming season than i was before . Loved the bit Gerry Facenna said about Nick Morris . He went over to Smugville for the play off final and all the Smugs were booing and jeering Nick - they hate him there . " He's the guy we need in our team " says Gerry . You gotta love that reasoning :P

Will you be getting a special seat in the new bar Paul :drink::drink: :drink: :t:

He expects 2,000 people to be there for the first meeting otherwise he will disappointed we'll be prepared to be disappointed because I can't see that happening no matter how good the stadium is but if they do good on them.

Like the bit at the end though typical weegie management mentality right there build a team to beat Edinburgh and getting Morris in the team cause we don't like him! Always thinking of us witch is nice to see

Will you be getting a special seat in the new bar Paul :drink::drink: :drink: :t:

Hospitality , cafeteria and new hall of fame were all mentioned , but worryingly the word " bar" never actually appeared in the article anywhere :shock:

He expects 2,000 people to be there for the first meeting otherwise he will disappointed we'll be prepared to be disappointed because I can't see that happening no matter how good the stadium is but if they do good on them.

Like the bit at the end though typical weegie management mentality right there build a team to beat Edinburgh and getting Morris in the team cause we don't like him! Always thinking of us witch is nice to see

I expect a huge opening day crowd too . Whether 2000 is achieved remains to be seen , but it's definitely doable . There will be loads turning up , who havent been for years , just to see the difference in the place . Then getting the product right on and off the track is vital to keep them coming back .

Glasgow has a population of around eight hundred thousand , so is two thousand at the speedway on a Sunday afternoon pie in the sky ? I think not .

And sorry if you were offended Blobby , but in any sport , the most important fixtures to the majority of fans are the local derbies .

• Like 1

Got mine today in Linwood Tesco's.

I'm quietly surprised by the number of large retailers stocking SS.

Haven't got around to popping over to the new super stadium yet to check it out.

Waiting for this awful weather to break so I can get closer for a proper swatch.

The way the wind was last night I wouldnt have been surprised to see the stadium coming up to visit me! lol

• Like 1

Although the venues have changed many times, has speedway in Glasgow and Edinburgh been continuosly staged over the past 50 years?. I should know this but my memory is not what it once was!.

Hope Glasgow get 2,000 fans should be an exciting season for their fans

To get that it would have to be an opening meeting against the Monarchs. Heaven forbid they might bring a reasonable number over.

Allied Vehichles employ 500 people, the people who own the company also own the speedway. If Allied employees were given two tickets for the first meeting there could easily be a couple of thousand on opening night. :cheers:

Surely if Glasgow followed the rules for signing a rider from another club

then they and Aaron have nothing to worry about. !

Although the venues have changed many times, has speedway in Glasgow and Edinburgh been continuosly staged over the past 50 years?. I should know this but my memory is not what it once was!.

Edinburgh transferred their licence to Wembley in 1970 . Was near the end of the seventies before the Monarchs were operating again .