British Speedway Forum

Maybe Glasgow and a few other clubs have asked for permission to speak with PIjper but have been refused by his parent club as they might need him if either of there Aussies have visa problems, just a thought, does seem strange that not one of the northern clubs have signed him!!!

Not just doubling up but he wasn't able to guest or ride in open meetings either. I bet he's regretting it now though. You have to feel for him and Alex Davies but rules are rules.

• Like 2

i believe kozza didnt come over last season, not due to his visa directly but indirectly as he felt not being able to double up was not worth it financially, obviously the deal from the glasgow promotion (and im not having a dig) has made it viable for this year, now its wether he is eligible or not.

Looks a fair summarisation looks like not coming over last year may work against him for this.

From reading this http://www.speedwaygb.co/gbe it looks like Kozza may well be affected. Although he has an average of over 7 (I believe?) that average was not achieved last year, so I suspected that he may well be disallowed. Massive shame if that proves to be the case, but rules are rules.

Smith ended the 2013 season with a PL average of 7-15, so should make the criteria for this season.

apparently though screm the criteria is finishing 2014 with an average above 7. Not sure if they will apply for a previous year except in exceptional circumstances and even then given the hassles this season Im not convinced the authorities will want to do anything other than stick to the letter of the law - and indeed why should they? They will argue, understandably, Kozza should have ridden and finished top four in a state championship. It's unfortunate that with all the issues known as long ago as September that no one tipped him the nod on that but IF the authorities say 'no' we dont really have a leg to stand on

• Like 1

Smith ended the 2013 season with a PL average of 7-15, so should make the criteria for this season.

The wording says "previous season" - neither Smith or Davies have an average from the previous season, which was 2014.

Kozza did race in the queensland state title and failed to make top four, im not sure if alex did race a state title. But despite our other difference of opinion I agree with najjer that as far as I read it neither are eligible.

Kozza did race in the queensland state title and failed to make top four, im not sure if alex did race a state title. But despite our other difference of opinion I agree with najjer that as far as I read it neither are eligible.

Not just doubling up but he wasn't able to guest or ride in open meetings either. I bet he's regretting it now though. You have to feel for him and Alex Davies but rules are rules.

Should have raced in a state final. Little sympathy for me as both have raced over here in the past when they shouldn't have done (certainly on averages they shouldn't have done) so they have already had to the good fortune, this is just balancing it out.

Apparently Kozza did and didn't make top four so that strengthens the argument against him. My sympathy for those two is based on the fact they averaged seven in 2013 and probably would have done last season but I agree that exceptions can't be made and the rules MUST be stuck too. Can certainly see there being some convenient state title results next winter.

• Like 1

Just reading on the BSPA website that Jason Garrity has handed in a transfer request at Rye House and his name has been circulated to other clubs by Len Silver.....interesting :wink:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

You doubling up? :rofl::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 3

Just reading on the BSPA website that Jason Garrity has handed in a transfer request at Rye House and his name has been circulated to other clubs by Len Silver.....interesting :wink:

might be a nice replacement for Kozza!!! Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Has he had some water treatment from somebody?

Dog running at Shawfield called "Ashfield No More" Think the owner better change it ASAP. :cheers:

Dog now transfered to Harlow. :t::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax