British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Teams been too weak to make use of the home advantage, put out a half decent Team and they would be unbeatable around that track.

OK Shads, I could use ditto marks for your Team

spot on!

Jack holder has obtained his visa and will be in the country very soon

If you can't put a winning Team together on a track with the biggest home advantage in the League, then you really have got to question the ability of the people doing the job.

Nonsense. Just because its small doesn't mean the home advantage is significant - indeed, I'd say Plymouth has no more than most and a lot less than some.

What it most definitely is is one of the best racing tracks in the country, and one of the most exciting too. Some of those first bends have to be seen to be believed.

On paper it doesn't look a strong team - I am particularly concerned at reserve, because Chapman simply isn't PL standard and I have never been that impressed by Morris. Having said that, Newman, Fisher and Simota should improve and Risager is very good at SBA.

That leaves Holder, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't achieve his starting average.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

What's the line up for Saturday,apart from the Devils lads ,will be there if the weather is ok.

James wright,ty proctor,josh bates atm plus two others not that special really unless your a devils fan press and practice was well attended on Friday,i know the experts dont rate our chances but the majority of devils fans are optimistic of a good season especially now all the visa issues have been sorted out

It odd how Plymouth seem to be being written off IMO. Fisher, fully fit and on it is a good number 1 and can put a point an a half on his average, Newmans second half of the season form makes him as good as most clubs second heat leaders so if Jack Holder is half as good as he seems to be rated and can get 7 then thats a decent enough heat leader trio. And I've not mentioned Risager yet, who, despite people saying Plymouth has no real home track advantage, signing a rider like Risager who scores points there for fun around there should help with a home track advantage (home traxck advantage is what you make it, sing 7 riders who love the track and you'll have an advantage, sign 7 riders who hate it and you'll have a disadvantage). And that leads onto Simota - a good rider at the SBA if a bit dodgy away but, that should help rack up home wins along with Morten. I'm not Ashley Morris biggest fan but he's a steady plodding 4.5 rider who seems to put half a point on his average this year so if he can get 5 he'll be an ok reserve. As for Sam Chapman, I know nothing about him TBH, if I've ever seen him ride and I don't remember, the number don't look good for him though BUT he's a 3 pointer, if he fails, there probably another 20-odd of them in the NL to pick one up if they have to.

I'll go with solid at home and capable of keeping teams on their toes away. Not a bad team really and probably sensibly priced too.

With the team at the SBA reckon you will be up around 5-7 come end of the season much the same as us,but today's result was good think much will depend on bradys away form much like yours with Kyle and risager,if Kyle pushes on like last year you could win some silverware.ps hope it's us two in the play off final!

Edited by coomie
  • Like 2

It odd how Plymouth seem to be being written off IMO. Fisher, fully fit and on it is a good number 1 and can put a point an a half on his average, Newmans second half of the season form makes him as good as most clubs second heat leaders so if Jack Holder is half as good as he seems to be rated and can get 7 then thats a decent enough heat leader trio. And I've not mentioned Risager yet, who, despite people saying Plymouth has no real home track advantage, signing a rider like Risager who scores points there for fun around there should help with a home track advantage (home traxck advantage is what you make it, sing 7 riders who love the track and you'll have an advantage, sign 7 riders who hate it and you'll have a disadvantage). And that leads onto Simota - a good rider at the SBA if a bit dodgy away but, that should help rack up home wins along with Morten. I'm not Ashley Morris biggest fan but he's a steady plodding 4.5 rider who seems to put half a point on his average this year so if he can get 5 he'll be an ok reserve. As for Sam Chapman, I know nothing about him TBH, if I've ever seen him ride and I don't remember, the number don't look good for him though BUT he's a 3 pointer, if he fails, there probably another 20-odd of them in the NL to pick one up if they have to.

I'll go with solid at home and capable of keeping teams on their toes away. Not a bad team really and probably sensibly priced too.

Good post scb,last season we lost 2 pl matches at home one we were well beaten by Edinburgh which they did to alot of teams,and once to somerset under dubious circumstances had we won those two we would have made the play offs which is certainly a realistic target this season imo :-)

Good post scb,last season we lost 2 pl matches at home one we were well beaten by Edinburgh which they did to alot of teams,and once to somerset under dubious circumstances had we won those two we would have made the play offs which is certainly a realistic target this season imo :-)

You lost to Berwick too :wink:

Like the lady said, Berwick racked up 52 at Plymouth last season. No club scored more there in the league, did they?

The thing that didnt reach the terraces on Friday was the pits atmosphere, it was buzzing. Samchapman said he had never had so much advice and help at a meeting a couple of suggestions frm Morten m ade a big difference to him.

Morten has started a Fin e Fund, late for the track walk fined, forget your Plymouth Jacket Fined late at the gate Fined and a few others as well. The fine money will go to finance a big end of season PU.

I was very impressed with Ashley Morris thought he looked very promising, think he could be a steal.

Smiler Sam was on a brand new JRM Engine set up for big tracks and said it was the smooothest engine he had ever ridden, when I say ;New' I mean it is the very latest design to come out of JRM apparently a olt of it has German engineering input behind it, we will have to see how it goes, It certainly looks good.

All we can do now is ait and see, Polish Dave has bought a brand new bike and van and is also now on a British licence, very sensible laad, ran the new engine slowly around the track on Saturday too get the oil gentlly warm for a good few laps before he wound it open, shows he is mechanically concerned for his bikes

Hope to get to a lot of meetings more than I managed last year. Please pick me up if I fall over, legs are still pretty rubbish.

With the team at the SBA reckon you will be up around 5-7 come end of the season much the same as us,but today's result was good think much will depend on bradys away form much like yours with Kyle and risager,if Kyle pushes on like last year you could win some silverware.ps hope it's us two in the play off final!

hope it is us 2 in the play off final as I had a few quid on Plymouth e/w @ 33-1

• Like 1

What's the line up for Saturday,apart from the Devils lads ,will be there if the weather is ok.

7 devils plus james wright. ty proctor. josh bates, ellis perks and david howe

Kyle Newman took a big off (broken chain) in his first race at Poole this evening - withdrawn from meeting with mild concussion.