British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

Big announcement from Rob on 2015 tomorrow in the Telegraph.Like sneaking a look at your Christmas prezzies early!.

better start making up new teams as TJ and ash birks not riding for skorps next season

Reckon Ashley will be a tiger and thomas might need a broom wonder if his team will announce him on Halloween

D. howe 7.29

N. klindt 6.68

A. Mellgren 6.57
R. Douglas 6.73
J. auty 7.04
Jack holder 5
E. Perks 3

total 42.31

Hells teeth that's one big call to leave out Birko and Tommy Gun hope Rob knows what he's doing here. Both sure to comeback to haunt us for sure. Two really exciting riders to watch on any track as well; who are going to be hard to replace in the entertainment stakes at the EWR. Sure to be no shortage of takers for either rider.

If as the last poster says; it was Mellgren - that's a massive ask; and he is not our rider. Klindt fair enough we know what he can be. At this stage non of us know how the leagues will stack up; but I think there will still be Elite (may be on a designated one night per week) and Premier much as it is now. I can see one less 'fastrack rider' in the Elite in 2015 and riders like Ash, Tommy and Josh going back to doubling up, Ryan also. Maybe that's played a part in this decision (has there been a pre-AGM?- where proposals may have been knocked around) prior to the full AGM next month.

Any which way its a big call from Rob; who is usually ultra loyal to his riders.

Edited by the outsider

Hi all, 1st post and would like to wish Thomas and Ash all the best, 2 smashing lads, i just hope Rob knows what he is doing letting both go?, especially as he is calling for more supporters then lets "part of the family "go, whoever comes in must be ready made replacements so that we hit the ground running. the above team i like apart from Mellgren, nothing against the guy but we didnt really get to see what he can do,would it be worth being loyal to him? i would swop him with Ricky Wells, he was awesome when he guested against Ipswich.Would we go with Nicolia?Rob joked he would like him back but only if he took a pay cut.. i personally would go with Ulrich " the mad ostrich" ostergard if he was available but his average is too high i think

Don't think its a case of leaving Birko out, I've heard his demands were way to excessive for robs budget,

Apparently sponsors closer to home was a big pull for birko.

• Like 2

I expected this to be honest.

You can't begrudge Birksy wanting to ride for his home town team, he's so many connections to the current Sheffield promotion, the move makes sense. He's been a great captain for Scunny and will no doubt leave with the best wishes from the Scunny faithful. Wonder if its a loan or full transfer?

Likewise, Thomas.. great rider on his day, one of my favourites.. Someones gonna get a fantastic rider and a nice lad to boot. Deep down I think a lot of us knew he'd be seeking pastures new next season. I wish him well wherever he ends up. Again, is this gonna be a loan or transfer?

So two of Scunnys big hitters out the door, big boots to fill. Time to freshen things up and get some new kids onboard... Every confidence that Rob and his backers will have something up their sleeves. Interesting times ahead.

Albert check the averages Entertainers yes big hitters no

Did Scunthorpe have any rider who was a big hitter last season?

No spinny the team was built so you would have a high scoring reserve and it worked to an extent by getting us to the playoffs however if it hadn't of been for mullering a very weak Sheffield team at the owl hut don't think it would of worked just my opinion

Yeah, averages don't lie..however, Birks and Jorgy are both well capable of hitting big scores around Scunny (and the occasional away track, ie, Sheffield), they've proved that. Unfortunately, injuries and inconsistency have prevented them hitting the scores as regularly as we would've liked. In Jorgys case, he also seems to get regularly punished for his starting technique (unduly in my opinion)...

• Like 1