British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

Guest WTF1

you guys must be gutted at losing ash birks to Sheffield.. such a good rider .

No, if he wants to ride for Sheffield i wish him good luck,let's move on, now if you had said are you gutted that Thomas Jorgensen has been left out of the team ,well that would have been a different story.

Guest WTF1

thought thomas was worky bound

Not sure where he is going but should have been kept to partner Douglas and Auty and hopefully a new number 1(9 point average) and Perks at reserve to form the nucleus of the team, it's a shame that Thomas won't be riding for Scunny as it was part of the night to be hit by lumps of shale on the first bend in the earlier heats with his wide riding whether he was at the front or back :sad:

Not sure where he is going but should have been kept to partner Douglas and Auty :sad:

Not a question of should have been kept!!...it was Thomas who fancied a change!!

Not a question of should have been kept!!...it was Thomas who fancied a change!!

While I would have preferred to see Jorgensen stay at Scunny (I should say that I enjoyed my speedway at EWR so much last season that I am seriously thinking of buying a season ticket for 2015) it may work to the Scorpions advantage if he is allowed to go out on loan for a year or two.

While I would have preferred to see Jorgensen stay at Scunny (I should say that I enjoyed my speedway at EWR so much last season that I am seriously thinking of buying a season ticket for 2015) it may work to the Scorpions advantage if he is allowed to go out on loan for a year or two.

A new programme board for Christmas then.

• Like 1

No, he doesn't.

Strike the new programme board of the Christmas list.

• Like 2

I dont think anyone wanted Thomas to leave...he was kind of like the fixtures and fittings at the EWR...but if a rider wants to try his luck elsewhere for a year or ao then i think its best to let them go

Trying to pursuade riders to stay can be time consuming and end up expensive!!

He seems to have left on good terms...which is cool and be interesting to see where he ends up and how he does in 2015

finished on a 7 average due to flurry of home meetings where he filled his boots,big average...lets see if he kicks on again...hes one of the best trappers in the PL..sometimes to good for the refs,so he will always have a chance..saw him guest at sheff this year and it was one of best meetings ive ever seen him have,he was quite brilliant

Good luck to the lad...

Edited by montie
  • Like 3

Thomas needs to move on, personally and professionally. He's a quality rider, with quality people around him. He's buying brand new equipment for 2015, also looking to do grasstrack & longtrack too. Exciting times ahead for Thomas. Going to miss him @EWR though 😵

I'd build the team around Auty/Howe/ Douglas.

Once again the caveat will be league structure and team building rules. God knows what the AGM will come up with this November.

I've been away for a while and only just caught up with this thread. Looks like Rob and myself are on the same wavelength ! :wink:

• Like 1