British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2015

I find the situation very sad for these blokes

thats just it very hard on the riders who have proberbly put themselves in debt to build there 2015 gear up ready for the season they cant start

How ironic eh Jenga? First your promotion were quick to open their mouths about Somerset's team in December and yet they've assembled a team with not just one eligible Aussie, but two of them! Not so whiter than white are they now?

I along with many others have been saying for weeks that Campton isn't eligible.

Tbh najjer you are on a lot of threads going off about this and that rider shouldn't/doesn't qualify for a visa when the last two seasons your club has tried to manipulate/break/change the rules with their teams declaration which in all honesty probably hasn't helped the situation with ukvi.
  • Like 6

screm, on 04 Feb 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I think Ipswich will have something to say if Workington was to sign Covatti.

Ipswich have signed the Italian/Argentinian Covatti, I assume madsteve is referring to the Argentinian/Italian Covatti, who coincidently has the same average! ;)

• Like 1

Tbh najjer you are on a lot of threads going off about this and that rider shouldn't/doesn't qualify for a visa when the last two seasons your club has tried to manipulate/break/change the rules with their teams declaration which in all honesty probably hasn't helped the situation with ukvi.

The previous incident involving Brady Kurtz had nothing to do with UKV&I as he wasn't a work permit rider.

I have no defence for them this season and always said you can't defend the undefendable. Some say the BSPA said they would be a 5.00, others say they said 7.00. The reality is we will probably never know who actually said what.

• Like 1

The previous incident involving Brady Kurtz had nothing to do with UKV&I as he wasn't a work permit rider.

I have no defence for them this season and always said you can't defend the undefendable. Some say the BSPA said they would be a 5.00, others say they said 7.00. The reality is we will probably never know who actually said what.

WOAH, calm down. You're meant to blindly back your promotion. Don't you know how speedway works?! You're not meant to look at the bigger picture, how dare you!

Makes me laugh, Rusty Harrison has been mentioned a few times. He Australian and didnt ride in state finals and averaged less than 7. He's not eligible FFS!

Just looked, Ash Morris and Adam Ellis fit in perfectly as replacements for Wethers and Campton. No excuses not to use them.

Just looked, Ash Morris and Adam Ellis fit in perfectly as replacements for Wethers and Campton. No excuses not to use them.

Can Ellis sign though as already have EL and NL places?

Didn't stop Paul Starke last year :-)

Didn't stop Paul Starke last year :-)

but he started with a sub 4 point PL average which is allowed.

Adam is at 4 55 which isnt unless the regs are amended.

Sign a fake for the first week of the season. He cannot sign before the seasons has started but like Steff Nielsen last season can once it has begun.

WOAH, calm down. You're meant to blindly back your promotion. Don't you know how speedway works?! You're not meant to look at the bigger picture, how dare you!

Makes me laugh, Rusty Harrison has been mentioned a few times. He Australian and didnt ride in state finals and averaged less than 7. He's not eligible FFS!

Well I'm sorry to wipe the smile of your face but rusty harrison has british Citizenship so is infact eligible

• Like 2

Well I'm sorry to wipe the smile of your face but rusty harrison has british Citizenship so is infact eligible

Beat you two it by a minute on the other thread ;)

Yep Rusty and Greaves. Good to see Rusty back, good luck to both. The powers that be gave Mason a 3 yr visa last year, not the Comets promotion.

• Like 1

The Comets have moved quickly to complete their side following the visa issues - bringing in Rusty Harrison and Nathan Greaves.

Workington Comets are pleased to announce that long-time Comet Rusty Harrison and Sheffield-born youngster Nathan Greaves have been drafted into the Comets line-up following the work permit problems that have struck the Australian duo Mason Campton and Matthew Wethers with just six weeks to go before the season gets underway.

Thirty-three year-old Harrison who, although born in Adelaide, South Australia, has made the UK his home for many years; living in Workington with his young family and having a Testimonial meeting scheduled to take place at Workington on Saturday 11th April following two frustrating postponements last season.

After spending last season with Glasgow, where he achieved a 6.50 average, the return to Comets colours will be Harrison's tenth campaign with the club; having ridden as a Comet from 2001 to 2004, then in 2006 and again from 2010 to 2013. In doing so he has made 325 official appearances for the club, putting him second in the all-time appearance table, just 36 matches behind fellow Comets stalwart Carl Stonehewer.

Comets owner Laura Morgan said: “Naturally we were devastated by the news we received with regard to Mason and Matty, but unfortunately we are where we are and have to move forward with the new season just around the corner.

“Deciding to bring Rusty back into the fold was a very easy decision to make. He lives in the town, is very popular with the supporters and, when in full flight around our place there is no-one better to watch.

“Rusty was very keen to return when we asked him, although the circumstances that have brought about his return are unfortunate, which is something that Rusty was keen to acknowledge. He is good friends with Mason, with whom he shared a workshop all last season, and he is disappointed about the situation as we all are but he is very keen to have a good season with us this year.”

Sheffield-born Nathan Greaves, who turns seventeen later this month, will be taking up a place in a Premier League side for the first time after a successful season with the all-conquering Cradley side last year as well as gaining experience in the Elite League as a fast-track reserve with Swindon.

Greaves is tipped as a good prospect for future honours in the sport and will occupy one of the reserve berths alongside fellow Comets newcomer Nicki Barrett.

From Workington Speedway.