British Speedway Forum

This mornings Ipswich Star States that the last two riders will be revealed "within the next week", so either tomorrow Thursday or Friday.

Lanham tweeted last night that he was on his way home from Tenerife, so maybe you're right!

Home today, signature on a contract and announcement tomorrow.

Could easily just be coincidental bull shine though.

Strange as i swear i saw Leigh cleaning his Dad's chippy this morning wearing a witches hoodie? Either that or it was his brother they do look alike.

This mornings Ipswich Star States that the last two riders will be revealed "within the next week", so either tomorrow Thursday or Friday.

Or Saturday, Sunday or Monday - that to me is within the next week, i.e. from today :)

Most likely Thursday though ... It's the traditional speedway day, and the remainder will be dominated by ITFC v Leeds.

Mind you, even if the full line-up is sorted, that doesn't mean it will be announced ... Maybe they'll leave us all on tenterhooks for a few days ...

Mike Bacon keeps doing his little teasers on twitter, it all stinks of cheap trying to make it sound exciting, just get on with it FFS.

In this day of instant news, social media etc I can't see the point in it.

Or Saturday, Sunday or Monday - that to me is within the next week, i.e. from today :)

Most likely Thursday though ... It's the traditional speedway day, and the remainder will be dominated by ITFC v Leeds.

Mind you, even if the full line-up is sorted, that doesn't mean it will be announced ... Maybe they'll leave us all on tenterhooks for a few days ...

Hope it's worth it then if they're playing that game!

Rarely seen much Witches news weekends in the Star which is why I think it'll be Thursday or Friday. I agree with you Thursday looks favourite because I think they'll want it revealed before the supporters club AGM?

If it isn't, maybe someone on here who is going Thursday evening can try and get something out of him :D

Mike Bacon keeps doing his little teasers on twitter, it all stinks of cheap trying to make it sound exciting, just get on with it FFS.

In this day of instant news, social media etc I can't see the point in it.

Or trying to sell copies of the paper he works for, which is his job!

Yes you could wait for the news on here, but nobody is going to write word for word the whole article that will appear in the paper.

I know I've picked up copies on the way to work on the back of Mike Bacon's tweets, to read the Witches articles that I wouldn't otherwise have done. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Maybe it will be a new asset on a 5 ave and we nick Aaron Fox off of Edinburgh and let Gino take him under his wing which might bring the best out of him :wink:

Maybe it will be a new asset on a 5 ave and we nick Aaron Fox off of Edinburgh and let Gino take him under his wing which might bring the best out of him :wink:

Fox won't be coming back to the UK next year

Greenwood? Or some Mildenhall rider? Who did we see last year, was his name Marc Owen?

Edited by baldyman

I was thinking of a possible Mildenhall rider too but nobody obvious jumped out.

These last two reserve signings are absolutely vital and they have to look pretty tasty if we're going to have a successful year IMO.

Edited by Catch22

But that's what you get with a 3 pointer, and it's hoped they improve. Although I think we will have 3.63 available.

i reckon we should give Halsey a go...