British Speedway Forum

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gino Manzares represent Team USA in the Speedway World Cup in 2014. If so doesn't that make him one of the best four riders in the USA? I liked watching him ride last year so perhaps that makes me biased! :)

That argument falls down when 1. Russia didn't send their best 4 (probably not even there second best 4!) so teams could sent any old (young!) rider along to get them permits. And what does riding in a SWC matter? Not riding for Australia could still make you a better rider than if you did ride for Latvia - I believe only 6 riders in Latvia have a licence - so only one of them would not get a work permit!

That argument falls down when 1. Russia didn't send their best 4 (probably not even there second best 4!) so teams could sent any old (young!) rider along to get them permits. And what does riding in a SWC matter? Not riding for Australia could still make you a better rider than if you did ride for Latvia - I believe only 6 riders in Latvia have a licence - so only one of them would not get a work permit!

Your argument is correct, but as Latvia is in the EU your example confuses the point - suggest you replace it with Ukraine.

Who's arguing? It's something positive his sponsor could put on his visa application. Like I said I like the kid and think he's exiting to watch. I also think his inclusion in the premier league gives something for our riders of a similar age to measure themselves against.

Like Ellis ??

I know it's all about opinions but for me Ellis has much potential but yet to deliver, personally I think riding for Lakeside is having a negative effect on his development.

@Mike_Bacon: @ipswichspeedway fans Latest on visa issues. Just spoke to CL, no worries with @Gino_Manzares or @rohantungate visas. Both meet criteria.

Tweet from Mike Bacon this morning. We can breathe easy(er)!

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 1

@Mike_Bacon: @ipswichspeedway fans Latest on visa issues. Just spoke to CL, no worries with @Gino_Manzares or @rohantungate visas. Both meet criteria.

Tweet from Mike Bacon this morning. We can breathe easy(er)!

Would be nice to know how Gino meets the criteria though, Rohan is obvious on his average.

Would be nice to know how Gino meets the criteria though, Rohan is obvious on his average.

well I hope its right!

Would be a spectacular own goal to make that statement only for it to go pear shaped.

well I hope its right!

Would be a spectacular own goal to make that statement only for it to go pear shaped.

Yes it would be rather embarrassing!

You have to think he surely knows though and must have been given assurances that the qualifying criteria is met.

Just gotta hope they don't take too long in arriving and they're here for the start of the season.

Gonna be tight by the looks of things.

• Like 1

Hmmm so they meet the criteria. But without ipswich having their sponsorship licence back, they cannot apply for a visa

No visa no entry

No entry no racing.......

I meet the criteria for a working visa for Australia.

But can only apply once I have a certain amount of money in the bank and a return ticket that had been paid for.

Then i might get the visa once passport is sent off and takes 6-8 weeks to get.....If accepted

Long way to go.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Has somebody stated somewhere that we haven't got the sponsorship licence back yet?

Edited by Super Blue

They may both meet the criteria, but that doesn't mean that their visa application has as of yet been accepted and they are on their way.

Has somebody stated somewhere that we haven't got the sponsorship licence back yet?

there has been no confirmation that they have.

Other clubs have made a big thing of the announcement as soon as it happened.

Could be 2+2=5

Edinburgh's favourite inside source has announced that Sedgmen and Masters are in Scotland, and I think Rohan T is already over here too. Obviously, these guys are cleared in OK (ie, they didn't arrive under a container-lorry at Felixstowe) so what exactly is the story about riders getting, or not getting, entry visas?