British Speedway Forum

Magic & kacper Gomolski for the final two I reckon, Kacper tweeted he's back riding in the UK & I believe his average will fit with Magic's, I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise if not.

Correct!

Unless Gomolski is going to Leicester and MF surprises everyone with Walasek and THJ?! :shock::wink:

Oi, get your own gags :P

Sorry I don't normally read your posts :wink::D

• Like 3

Correct!

Unless Gomolski is going to Leicester and MF surprises everyone with Walasek and THJ?! :shock::wink:

Seriously..................

RP

Darcy back for the Play-Offs... :P

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Why would magic want to ride for poole knowing that in a few months time he will be shown the back door for ward. As will gomolski

• Like 5

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3968/fim-statement-regarding-darcy-ward

Thursday 26th February 2015, 14:23

On 17 August 2014, Mr Darcy Ward underwent an alcohol test at the round of the 2014 FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship held in Daugavpils, Latvia. The test was positive for a level above the threshold specified in the FIM Anti-Doping Code (P.1 Alcohol).

On 28 August 2014, the FIM provisionally suspended Mr Ward pending the CDI’s decision adjudicating on the merits of the case. Since then, Mr Ward has been provisionally barred from participating in any competition. The case was referred to the CDI and Mr Lars Nilsson of Sweden was appointed by the Director of the International Commission of Judges (CJI) as CDI Single Judge to hear the case. On 19 September 2014, a Request made by the Rider on 3 September 2014 for the lifting of his provisional suspension was denied by the CDI.

Mr Ward was heard by the CDI during a Hearing held in a hotel situated near the headquarters of the FIM on 30 January 2015.

The CDI has now issued the operative part of its decision in advance of the reasons at the special request of Mr Ward. The CDI found that Mr Ward committed an anti-doping rule violation under the 2014 FIM Anti-Doping Code.

The CDI ruled that Mr Ward is sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of ten (10) months commencing on the date of the decision, 25 February 2015, and that the period of the provisional suspension already served by Mr Ward shall be credited against the period of the sanction.

Consequently, the period of ineligibility imposed on Mr Ward will end on 27 June 2015 at midnight.

Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes.

An appeal against the decision of the CDI may be lodged by the parties before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne (Switzerland) within 21 days of the date of receipt of the full reasoned CDI decision.

Edited by Pirate Oliver

Why would magic want to ride for poole knowing that in a few months time he will be shown the back door for ward. As will gomolski

Will Ward get a visa for part season ?

I think most people thought that the ban would be about a year so i suppose ten months isn't that bad and now we can all move on. I doubt Ward will be back this season unless Magic or Holder get injured or are way off their usual form which obviously i hope won't happen.

• Like 2

Probably suit him tbh.

Club statement http://www.poolepirates.co/news/club-statement---darcy-ward.html#cookieagree

Poole Speedway will be forced to go into the 2015 championship defending season without the services of Darcy Ward who has been delivered a 10 month ban by the F.I.M.

The punishment is backdated to the date of commencement of his suspension from all speedway, after he failed a breathalyser test at the Latvian Grand Prix last August.

Although allowed to race immediately after that meeting, Ward was served an indefinite ban on the 28th August and his hearing, twice deferred, eventually took place at the end of January.

The authorities deliberated on their verdict and opted to limit the punishment to a 10 month period, which means he is unavailable for the start of the 2015 campaign.

The Pirates are expected to now finalise their team plans within the next few days

Poole Speedway will be forced to go into the 2015 championship defending season without the services of Darcy Ward who has been delivered a 10 month ban by the F.I.M.

The punishment is backdated to the date of commencement of his suspension from all speedway, after he failed a breathalyser test at the Latvian Grand Prix last August.

Although allowed to race immediately after that meeting, Ward was served an indefinite ban on the 28th August and his hearing, twice deferred, eventually took place at the end of January.

The authorities deliberated on their verdict and opted to limit the punishment to a 10 month period, which means he is unavailable for the start of the 2015 campaign.

The Pirates are expected to now finalise their team plans within the next few days

Edited by Pirate Oliver

So we all knew if the right thing was done that Ward would be banned so I have no idea why Poole didnt name Magic ages ago . Maybe it's taken so long that Magic now isn't available? We have been told on here that Matt Ford has all his options in place so why no announcement yet on the 2015 team? Should be straightforward so why are Poole fans being kept in the dark? The only reason Poole are not naming their team is maybe because its gone on to long and someone has now said no