British Speedway Forum

Interesting reading General comments on here from other EL club supporters. Was Darcy on his own that night or did he have another GP rider with him?

Sorry, but Darcy informed us that he had one drink tea time and then went back to the hotel upset before going to bed. Are you now telling us another GP rider went to bed with Darcy? As that could be a pretty big scoop.

Unless Darcy was lying. But he wouldn't do that would he?

What difference does it make if Darcy was drinking alone or with another GP rider?

If there was another rider with him, and that rider wasn't over the alcohol limit the next day, then the other rider will have done nothing wrong.

• Like 2

The alcohol test is done on a random basis and all riders are not tested. As far as I am aware 2 riders are picked.

Let me make this clear I am NOT defending Darcy at all, anyone that goes out drinking a night before a GP and when you could still be world champion is asking for trouble. The FIM need to look at their tests and they should be done on all riders prior to any GP.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Darcy will be riding for Poole this year you'll see

I have no doubt about that - don't make it right though!!

• Like 1

The alcohol test is done on a random basis and all riders are not tested. As far as I am aware 2 riders are picked.

So? Just because someone might have been with him the night before that doesn't mean they were over the limit.

Maybe they remembered to hydrate! :-)

Let me make this clear I am NOT defending Darcy at all, anyone that goes out drinking a night before a GP and when you could still be world champion is asking for trouble. The FIM need to look at their tests and they should be done on all riders prior to any GP.

In theory I agree with you there. If the kit is in then use it on everyone unless anyone knows of a good reason why this should not be the case.

In theory I agree with you there. If the kit is in then use it on everyone unless anyone knows of a good reason why this should not be the case.

Sad old world isn't it, professional motor bike racers shouldn't want to drink alcohol the day before they put their and others lives at risk. They all know the risks involved with any motor sport. enough said.

Why do Poole fans keep defending Darcy Ward? He has let Poole down 3 times in the last 5 seasons. 2010, he simply did not turn up for the final games 2 & 6 over both legs. 2012, he gets himself injured outside a pub & never pursues the matter, indicating that he probably wasn't as innocent as was made out. 2014 gets caught out drinking before the GP & then gives out different versions of the story over a period of time. That does not include the episode back home in Oz, when the police caught him in possession of drink & drugs when riding a bike. Are you so determined to win the league that you are willing to accept any sort of behaviour from your riders? I hope not!

• Like 3

Why do Poole fans keep defending Darcy Ward? He has let Poole down 3 times in the last 5 seasons. 2010, he simply did not turn up for the final games 2 & 6 over both legs. 2012, he gets himself injured outside a pub & never pursues the matter, indicating that he probably wasn't as innocent as was made out. 2014 gets caught out drinking before the GP & then gives out different versions of the story over a period of time. That does not include the episode back home in Oz, when the police caught him in possession of drink & drugs when riding a bike. Are you so determined to win the league that you are willing to accept any sort of behaviour from your riders? I hope not!

I have never defended him on any of the occasions.

I have never defended him on any of the occasions.

Perhaps you should give him some support. The poor chap seems as though he could do with a "lift" right now. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry, but Darcy informed us that he had one drink tea time and then went back to the hotel upset before going to bed. Are you now telling us another GP rider went to bed with Darcy? As that could be a pretty big scoop.

Darcy Ward and another rider...and a bed....and a beer bottle..... Nah, could never happen!

• Like 1

Probably because there might not be a GP as there wouldn't be enough reserve riders to step in to fill the places of those that might get caught out??! :wink::D

Darcy Ward and another rider...and a bed....and a beer bottle..... Nah, could never happen!

If you are going to bring that up again, lets get it right! There were 3 riders involved and all found not guilty or were not charged!

I know this forum is full of many opinions from a wide range of ages but it really does border on ridiculous at times that people can be so obsessed with Darcy.

He's not someone who does anything that is really important in the great scheme of things like a doctor & winning a 8 team league is not enough to defend everything he has done or been accused of.

Unless Darcy was lying. But he wouldn't do that would he?

And if you believe all that your dafter than i think.. Im not sticking up for Darcy, if, he did what he did, and it is still very much up for debate when it comes to the creditabilliy of the Equipment used and the person running the test. IMO Darcy has been punished enough, nobody on here except the Poole fans who saw Darcy at our presentation night will know that his face showed enough is enough.

But what i don't agree with, is the amount of people on here who are ready like coiled springs to jump all over him from a very great height should he get a ban. Because reguardless what anyone says, that is what the majority on here are quietly hoping.

Should he get a ban then he gets a ban, simple, but if Darcy is allowed to ride next season whether its just domestic rides for us and go through the GP challenge then i will support Darcy 100 %

But i honestly believe, and hope that this time Darcy has fully learn't his lesson. Because in 10 -15 years time, if Darcy doesn't win at least two Worlds Championships, his "so called friends" will be pissing themselves with laughter saying, remember that Darcy Ward what a C--t he was, ha ha ha. Time Darcy saw the light of day.. Because in 10-15 years time Darcy could be sitting very pretty, while his so called friends squirm in their box room. His choice.

Quire right.

All I'm fussed about personally is that any punishment makes sure that he 'learns his lesson' so to speak. If a ban enables that to happen then great, if it has already and he rides from March then even better. But the worst thing would be for him to be cleared on a technicality and still be a pillock off track, because then nobody would be any further forward and he would still be on the slippery slope of wasting his enormous talent.

• Like 1