British Speedway Forum

Just chucking a rider in but what would someone like Artem Laguta come in on?

At least 7.50 if there is any sense & how many riders would he wipe out that would need replacing?.

which riders would be available on 6.50 average?

Buckowski and could get Pawlicki for North.

I know some don't rate Bucko but i do and he rode well in the world cup.

He is 12th in the Polish rankings.

Edited by foreverblue

Bloody hell, no loyalty to your boys who have done you proud so far then!

Agreed us Lynn fans have been frustrated with Nick and Ken but we have been sorely tested!

• Like 3

Bloody hell, no loyalty to your boys who have done you proud so far then!

Agreed us Lynn fans have been frustrated with Nick and Ken but we have been sorely tested!

If the team can be improved and some riders arn't performing then changes are made. Sport is about winning.

Gomolski was brought in for a very low average. In most meetings he does his job. We can't have 7 heat leaders! If someone put a gun to my head and demanded we replace a rider then yes, it would be Gomolski, but I'm really struggling to think of who else we could bring in without losing anyone else. I'd like THJ, but we'd have to lose more than just Kacper to make that happen.

I genuinely believe that all things considered we still have one of the best 7 man lineups in the league. Coventry seem to be the team to beat this year and we've done that more than once with this exact lineup.

If the team can be improved and some riders arn't performing then changes are made. Sport is about winning.

Is this why some riders aren't loyal nowadays?

Going by your logic then I would say Holder has been you most underperforming rider,whereas Gomolski has overperformed but I get the feeling the Poole fans would rather see Gomolski gone :unsure:

Edited by tellboy

Is this why some riders aren't loyal nowadays?

Going by your logic then I would say Holder has been you most underperforming rider,whereas Gomolski has overperformed but I get the feeling the Poole fans would rather see Gomolski gone :unsure:

Not me i think Gomolski is worth persevering with, don't mind a rider who tries even when he is at the back and for me Gomolski always tries. Holder was under performing but is better now.

Sadly loyalty does not win you league titles! Matt got caught in 2010 with Artur and wished afterwards changes were made, if the right rider becomes available and makes a team stronger then changes will be made.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

It's all very well saying changes may need to be made, however nobody is suggesting alternative riders who are better than we already have. There's no point in changing things for changes sake and unsettling a very obvious happy bunch of riders.

The current 1-7 has got us to the top end of the EL and we're still one of the favourites to lift the trophy come Sept/Oct so I don't see what the issue is. I agree in an ideal world Gomolski would be scoring 7 or 8+ per meeting, however at the current stage of his career he's just not capable of doing so but he IS doing what was expected of him at the start of the season. So give the guy some slack.

We've already beaten Coventry quite convincingly this season (the team you're all saying is stronger than us) so what's with the panic stations??

• Like 3

It's all very well saying changes may need to be made, however nobody is suggesting alternative riders who are better than we already have. There's no point in changing things for changes sake and unsettling a very obvious happy bunch of riders.

The current 1-7 has got us to the top end of the EL and we're still one of the favourites to lift the trophy come Sept/Oct so I don't see what the issue is. I agree in an ideal world Gomolski would be scoring 7 or 8+ per meeting, however at the current stage of his career he's just not capable of doing so but he IS doing what was expected of him at the start of the season. So give the guy some slack.

We've already beaten Coventry quite convincingly this season (the team you're all saying is stronger than us) so what's with the panic stations??

If riders continue to under perform then changes will be made as there are alternatives who would improve the team although i am aware that certain riders have improved lately but North started the season well, seems to be trying very hard but for some reason he isn't in the form he was.

Personally i would leave it for now and see if they can improve and i wouldn't read anything into monday's meeting either, i would just put that down to a bad day which happens sometimes, most of them underperformed against Swindon.

If riders continue to under perform then changes will be made as there are alternatives who would improve the team although i am aware that certain riders have improved lately but North started the season well, seems to be trying very hard but for some reason he isn't in the form he was.

Personally i would leave it for now and see if they can improve and i wouldn't read anything into monday's meeting either, i would just put that down to a bad day which happens sometimes, most of them underperformed against Swindon.

Who??

• Like 1

Will follow with interest Wed 29th when the mighty robins visit, looking to take points home.

Edited by A ORLOV

I wish all the people clamouring for changes would simply say which riders should be replaced and name the new riders and their averages!! Doing the sums with the team average to get them back under 34 points is a mathematical nightmare in itself when you change 2 or more riders at once. Currently Poole are 33.76 so not much leeway to play with.

Incidentally, with THJ back riding in both Swedish leagues, Polish league and GPs - would he really want a UK place and wouldn't he be reassessed at 8 points anyway??

Incidentally, with THJ back riding in both Swedish leagues, Polish league and GPs - would he really want a UK place and wouldn't he be reassessed at 8 points anyway??

He has an average, no need to re-assess him but lets be honest, he's NEVER done in the UK what he does abroad and wouldn't be that great a signing. In theory he should be but he just never is.