British Speedway Forum

CR I dont understand why you're making it personal about Dak. Surely its the clubs who decide the fees and transfers? If the asset holding club get a better offer from Poole than Swindon then of course they'll take that, can't imagine Dak would have much say. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to ride for us, does it?

• Like 1

CR I dont understand why you're making it personal about Dak. Surely its the clubs who decide the fees and transfers? If the asset holding club get a better offer from Poole than Swindon then of course they'll take that, can't imagine Dak would have much say. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to ride for us, does it?

So if Dak would've said "no I want to go to Swindon because they gave me a chance in 2014 when nobody else would" you really think Rick & Julie would've said no?.

Dak was going nowhere quick before Swindon gave him a lifeline & no Poole asset bothers when riding against them which is another reason.

That's one of the big reasons why Ford buys so many assets & grates me about the sport.

• Like 1

So if Dak would've said "no I want to go to Swindon because they gave me a chance in 2014 when nobody else would" you really think Rick & Julie would've said no?.

Dak was going nowhere quick before Swindon gave him a lifeline & no Poole asset bothers when riding against them which is another reason.

That's one of the big reasons why Ford buys so many assets & grates me about the sport.

I will answer that one if it's ok.....100% they would say no! They didnt even respond when we tabled a double bid for Dakota and Batch so read into that what you will?...they knew Poole also wanted him so go figure

• Like 1

What goes around, comes around as far as Rick Frost is concerned!! Mutual respect between Rick and Matt (Rick and Julie welcome guests at Poole Xmas Dinner previously!!) Guaranteed quick payment. Done deal. :t::wink:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

What goes around, comes around as far as Rick Frost is concerned!! Mutual respect between Rick and Matt (Rick and Julie welcome guests at Poole Xmas Dinner previously!!) Guaranteed quick payment. Done deal. :t::wink:

there wasn't in 2011
  • Like 2

How can Swindon name Troy in their line up for 2015 if Frost won't reply to their contact?.

So Poole always do things properly do they?.

Guess how they behaved with Miedzinski would say otherwise.

This sport really is going down the pan when a single club can own all the riders & they then go mysteriously missing riding against them in the play offs.

All to win a 8 team league.

Wish Swindon went back to the Premier League with a team of assets as Elite league is a closed shop.

I will answer that one if it's ok.....100% they would say no! They didnt even respond when we tabled a double bid for Dakota and Batch so read into that what you will?...they knew Poole also wanted him so go figure

Surely Dak could've still said he wanted to stay with Swindon on loan again in 2015 like Troy?.

• Like 3

Should be a limit to how many assets you own, so this would stop all this, I'll buy everyone so no one else can have him attitude.

• Like 1

Should be a limit to how many assets you own, so this would stop all this, I'll buy everyone so no one else can have him attitude.

The thing is it's not just that anymore because whilst assets give you the best options when getting a team together, although that doesn't ever seem to be the case at Swindon it comes to the fore in the play offs.

Too many times a riders fails to do well against his parent club to be a coincidence.

• Like 1

Half the Poole assets don't even ride in England (as of last season anyway!) I don't think Dak has enough of a connection to ride bad against Poole. KK certainly didn't do that the 2010 playoff final!

• Like 1

There should be no assets. Riders are self employed, promoters shouldn't be able to play God by refusing others permission to speak to 'their' riders. Has been said before but if somebody took the whole thing to court assets in speedway would be no more.

• Like 3

Half the Poole assets don't even ride in England (as of last season anyway!) I don't think Dak has enough of a connection to ride bad against Poole. KK certainly didn't do that the 2010 playoff final!

To be fair to KK he has spent more time away from Poole anyway & was always the rider left out by them so had a point to prove.

I'm not trying to get in an argument but I feel that it's becoming a farce with all the loan riders & the sooner riders become free agents like in Sweden & Poland the better.

Fans will always question a rider when he turns in a poor performance against his parent club & if they were free agents then this wouldn't happen.

Swindon were wrong with what happened with Troy but they were only following the example of what happened to them with Miedzinski.

The sport is a joke when riders are owned by a person who isn't even involved with a club anymore.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

There should be no assets. Riders are self employed, promoters shouldn't be able to play God by refusing others permission to speak to 'their' riders. Has been said before but if somebody took the whole thing to court assets in speedway would be no more.

Hear, hear to that ...

• Like 2

To be fair to KK he has spent more time away from Poole anyway & was always the rider left out by them so had a point to prove.

I'm not trying to get in an argument but I feel that it's becoming a farce with all the loan riders & the sooner riders become free agents like in Sweden & Poland the better.

Fans will always question a rider when he turns in a poor performance against his parent club & if they were free agents then this wouldn't happen.

Swindon were wrong with what happened with Troy but they were only following the example of what happened to them with Miedzinski.

The sport is a joke when riders are owned by a person who isn't even involved with a club anymore.

That is incorrect. They are still the registered owners of that club, and just not involved in the day to day running...