British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

Having just seen the weather forecast I think you should just get the match done tonight.According to the BBC weather the lightish rain doesn't reach Birmingham until about 8pm.What is Brandon about 25 miles East?So maybe 8:30-9:00 for the light rain.

Put it this way it I don't think it will be anything like last night.

Lets hope we see a good final,then maybe we will be able to forget the crap semi-finals ;)

Last night was at Poole. Tonight is at Coventry. Different tracks.

Also apparently the rule does not apply to number 1's this year.

I am personally intrigued how Kennett and King (sounds like a double act) aren't allowed to ride at Poole on Monday due to the eight day rule, yet Harris and Garrity can ride for Coventry. ;)

That's cos Garrity and Harris won't be guesting for Poole on Monday, they will be riding for their own team.

I am personally intrigued how Kennett and King (sounds like a double act) aren't allowed to ride at Poole on Monday due to the eight day rule, yet Harris and Garrity can ride for Coventry.

Don't worry, I'm sure the nurse will be along with her medication in a moment. :P

All the best

Rob

Why are they out of touch ? all finals cost more money in every sport why should speedway be any different ?

Ok, what are the fans getting tonight for this extra cost that they wont get on any other Friday night meeting.

Its just another meeting with one set of riders vs another, no extra costs for the promoter who is simply trying to cash in on the situation and i still say its in bad taste.

Its one of the reasons why the play offs are now in the PL and they will never go away, its a license for those in charge to print money in trying to mitigate the fact not many bother to show up for the league matches that went before because they have by their own doing become worthless.

Do the guests get a medal ?

Elite League season ticket holders should :D

• Like 1

Ok, what are the fans getting tonight for this extra cost that they wont get on any other Friday night meeting.

Its just another meeting with one set of riders vs another, no extra costs for the promoter who is simply trying to cash in on the situation and i still say its in bad taste.

Its one of the reasons why the play offs are now in the PL and they will never go away, its a license for those in charge to print money in trying to mitigate the fact not many bother to show up for the league matches that went before because they have by their own doing become worthless.

What do they get in any other sport ? the more important the event the more money it costs as a rule not sure why speedway should be any different . Any final in any sport you tend to pay more money .

Speedway clubs as a rule lose money so it's hardly a license to print money. i for one don't blame them trying to make money to clawed some of that back ...only in speedway would anyone bat a eyelid at a price increase for a final as it's just common practice .

• Like 3

Is it raining yet?

It will take some to top 4th time lucky.

• Like 1

Looking at all these posts re guests is enough to give anyone a headache. Injuries, etc this seasons have been the worst I can remember.

Please rule makers over the winter take a look at this whole situation and come up with a sensible solution that everyone can live with.

Also, please possibly less fixtures to get things settled before October which is normally cold and wet.

Best luck to all riders tonight and come around safe.

I admit I would like Poole to win but then everyone has their team, even though Bomber and Ben come from my part of the country.

Yes and I also would like a Somerset victory next week, good luck to them.

• Like 1

It has been a shambolic season in many ways. It's one that I can't say I particularly enjoyed . To many guests, long gaps between meetings etc. However, the playoff finals do usually produce exciting Speedway so I'm looking forward to watching it on the telly.

For what it's worth I reckon Coventry will nick it, and that from a Leicester fan is pretty unheard of.

Enjoy.

It has been a shambolic season in many ways. It's one that I can't say I particularly enjoyed . To many guests, long gaps between meetings etc. However, the playoff finals do usually produce exciting Speedway so I'm looking forward to watching it on the telly.

For what it's worth I reckon Coventry will nick it, and that from a Leicester fan is pretty unheard of.

Enjoy.

I agree...!

cannot wait to see Mick Horton throwing himself in front of the sky camera's at every opportunity!

• Like 1

Three quid extra for a play off final. I don't have a problem with that!

Not quite sure what will happen with the racecard as the printers will never have time to prepare which teams are playing, let alone who the riders are..how's that going to work?

Well I know how mine's going to work. A blank piece of paper. :lol:

• Like 1

if anybody fancys a bet on this. corals are giving even money on poole +7 points on the handicap. looks big to me... if the rain stays away lol

• Like 1