British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

Lets hope for no holes in track tonight, i`m sure even the Coventry track prep guy wont be as bad as the Poole one. :P

Yawn.

• Like 1

Think it will be after 9.00, so as long as they get on with it, should be ok

Exactly, cut out gardening and faffing about at the tapes. Once at the tapes no turning around and travelling back down the track. False starts = 2 minute warning as soon as he red stoppage light goes on with the immediate return to the tapes, and pit gate kept closed. It would be fare to all as this would apply to both teams equally.

• Like 5

Exactly, cut out gardening and faffing about at the tapes. Once at the tapes no turning around and travelling back down the track. False starts = 2 minute warning as soon as he red stoppage light goes on with the immediate return to the tapes, and pit gate kept closed. It would be fare to all as this would apply to both teams equally.

Agree totally with all that Mike, but it should be like that at EVERY meeting, not just tonight! There' no excuse for a meeting with just 15 minutes of actual racing to EVER take more than an hour and a half and really it should be done within an hour.

Edited by ytsejam
  • Like 1

still dry in coventry at the moment.

Same here in the USA. Keep it going. :lol::t:

I am 3 miles from Brandon and no rain thankfully. A real test and big ask for Coventry tonight. I hope I am wrong, but still think Hansen is a weak link, and who knows with Ben Barker, he didn't come to the party under pressure in 2010. Hope its a classic and the riders stay safe. Have a good night everyone.

Glad to report no rain sat here in the warm on my sofa in Wiltshire :wink:

• Like 1

to be honest as much as i dislike matt ford, Poole are there on merit so may the best team over two legs win. the bigger issue is the state of speedway at the top and the severe lack of ideas to take the sport to a bigger audience and stop the farcical events we've had this season. so maybe its time for everyone to pull together to save OUR sport. lets just hope that the heirachy fall on there swords this coming winter and new fresh ideas come into force going forward.

lets hope for a safe and entertaining final

I just hope it is a safe but exciting match and Brandon is kept as one of the great homes of speedway - it is threatened by development if anyone didn't know on here.

Shouldn't they have started bang on half past with the rain threat

• Like 1

Clearly Sky have no interest in pushing this through, probably be happy to get ten heats, Poor Poor Poor, rain is not far away on the radar.

• Like 1

No rain threat apparently

Glad to report no rain sat here in the warm on my sofa in Wiltshire :wink:

Similar in the West Midlands, sofa is bone dry. ;)

Maybe Coventry fans would turn up for every match, as they have tonight, if the promotion increased admission prices. Perhaps they begrudge paying a couple of quid less than they want and because of this, have been staying away in protest all season. I think at times this season (for example - every match), the SKY production team has outnumbered them. In fact, SKY commentary has...

Edited by moxey63

For the record Nigel, Darcy is suspended so stop keep mentioning him.

Bet The Bees are happy that Barker is fit tonight!!

• Like 1