British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

And another nail goes in the coffin!

The last nail must be pretty long :D

• Like 1

Have seen it on twitter over the last few days

Have you who by ?

With good weather being forecast for Fri and Monday next week for the finals I have been informed that even if Poole gets washed out Wed and Thurs it will be decided upon off track who races against Coventry on Friday.

that would be a scandalous way to decide the play off finalists. Who runs the sport in this country, the BSPA or SKY TV!

that would be a scandalous way to decide the play off finalists. Who runs the sport in this country, the BSPA or SKY TV!

I thought it was Billy Smarts Circus Clowns Department...

• Like 3

Talk of a neutral venue reminds me of 1996. Wolves qualified for the KO Cup Final against Peterborough. However Monmore Green was unavailable as Ladbrokes were altering the greyhound circuit. So we had to hold our leg on a neutral track. The management chose Long Eaton when all the fans expected Belle Vue. There was a fairytale ending as Wolves won the 'home' leg and did enough at EoES to win the cup for the first, and only time. Happy days. :D

With good weather being forecast for Fri and Monday next week for the finals I have been informed that even if Poole gets washed out Wed and Thurs it will be decided upon off track who races against Coventry on Friday.

If there is no 'on track' outcome due to the weather, then I expect KL to be given the place in the final, as Poole are off to Poland on Saturday 18th for the European Champions thingy! :D

That will at least save me from having to find a bar in Portugal with Sky Sports to watch the final - whilst trying to avoid BWitcher!!! :shock:

Edited by Skidder1

The whole season has been a complete farce with guests and NL wobblers riding in the top league so what better way to decide the other finalist than via a coin toss. Would be the perfect end to a joke of a season. Im sure a few people on here would be very happy if Poole got robbed on a coin toss but fact is they topped the league and won the away leg of the semi so it would be shocking for them to get knocked out that way. If that happens KL or Cov couldnt seriously celebrate a league title IMO. And im a Swindon fan before the usual mugs call me a blue tint.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that this is not the case. It would devalue the final and it would be a hollow victory for the eventual EL winners.

Imagine what the Poole fans would say if KL progressed in this way and vice versa - not forgetting the loss of income for the affected club!

Ford to win the Coin toss :P

• Like 1

Have you who by ?

Think she saw @siennaryan and @champion2010 discussing it so it must definitely be true. They say Cardiff is in the running to be the neutral track.

• Like 3

I thought it was Billy Smarts Circus Clowns Department...

I hear they have BSPA watches.

• Like 1

If this gets decided off track I'd like to see King's Lynn withdraw from the Elite League with immediate effect. Even if we got thumped 75-15 then at least it was done while racing.

I would be absolutely livid if Poole got the nod, especially when it was them that fooked up the running of the 2nd leg in the first place.

This has to be done on track, end of

• Like 3

If the semi isn't run weds or Thursday. Why not Friday morning (11am)? Granted the crowd would be low but with the weather set fair and all the riders here for the evening fixture it makes sense rather than a coin toss!

• Like 1

This has to be done on track, end of

Why? There was a cut off for the play-offs so the semi finals could take place when programmed. So there should be a cut off for the semi-finals so the finals can take place when programmed. Oh, yeah, we're clearly messed that up. Maybe in future any team who doesn't get all their meetings in pre-cut off should refer to this example of Poole being given 2 chances.

At some point this meeting has to be run. Some of us are out of the country as of next weekend as the play-offs should have been over by now. Bit of a pisser if we have to miss them because of another clubs incompetence.

Edited by SCB