British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Kocup Final 1st Leg Thurs 16th Oct

I've moaned about the junk on the centregreen before, moved for a while. Surely the water bowser and tractor with the blade weren't going to be needed? And bearing mind the formula one incident, the stuff around the 3rd and 4th bend needs moving.

As for tonight, dont want any of this years 'heat leaders ' back next year. Monarchs far superior and the best team won.

6 heats tonight where 2 of Monarchs top 4 were out together, resulted in 5 x 5-1's, and 1 4-2, awesome showing.

Could someone explain why Gino Manzares was replaced in his last 2 rides?

My understanding was if the injury occurred on the night the rider could be replaced in any subsequent ride by a reserve, but if the injury was an existing one , the rider had to have 3 programmed rides, or leave his rides blank (in this instance for 1 race)

As there was nothing on the updates about Gino crashing tonight, I assume his injury which lead to his withdrawal was caused in his crash at Somerset ?

I was a bit worried about this one. With our reserves struggling away from home and then Stevie pulling out (all the best to Stevie & family btw) and said reserves having to take two of his rides, I thought we might lose this one.

Top 4 obviously decided they better step up to the mark, scoring 49 (paid 54) between them. Unreal :t:

What has happened to Gino his scores have really dipped. as he was scorning nearly double figures most home meetings

There may have been a few 'lively' starts that were let go and a harsh exclusion for Worrall but lets face it the Monarchs didnt need the refs help.

Top performance from a top team and well deserved winners.

I think Im probably known for finding the positive in even the most adverse of situations but you can only describe that performance from the top end as shambolic. Top 4 scored 13 from 14 and simply not good enough.

Just as well the bottom 3 showed some spirit or it couldve been an humiliation rather than a hammering.

• Like 4

6 heats tonight where 2 of Monarchs top 4 were out together, resulted in 5 x 5-1's, and 1 4-2, awesome showing.

Could someone explain why Gino Manzares was replaced in his last 2 rides?

My understanding was if the injury occurred on the night the rider could be replaced in any subsequent ride by a reserve, but if the injury was an existing one , the rider had to have 3 programmed rides, or leave his rides blank (in this instance for 1 race)

As there was nothing on the updates about Gino crashing tonight, I assume his injury which lead to his withdrawal was caused in his crash at Somerset ?

Gino hit the fence in heat 3, but finished the race.

Superb performance from the top 4. Cookie has really picked it up over the last couple of weeks as well. 2 down now onto the big one.

• Like 1

What has happened to Gino his scores have really dipped. as he was scorning nearly double figures most home meetings

man and machine battered and bruised. Perhaps just run out of steam at the end of a long first season.

Id expect he is as disappointed as anyone with the way his year has ended.

He has been a breath of fresh air overall and I for one hope he is back next year fitness restored and raring to go again.

Where do we start after that?

Firstly congratulations to the Monarchs on another trophy for the cabinet, fully deserved, they were certainly more up for it tonight. ( and showed it with their eagerness to get away from the tapes early )

The Witches were simply not at the races as they say.

Tungate, shocking for a no1.

Heeps, creditable show.

Risager, awful.

Manzares, not fit shouldn't have started.

Worrall, a little unlucky for me.

Hawkins, decent nights work.

Ellis, good score, well done.

In general, the top end of the team didn't show up and we deservedly got beat.

Being poor was bad enough but one of the most monumental piss poor exhibitions of refereeing I've ever witnessed just added insult to injury!

The only one of the numerous jump starts he actually pulled back was the only race Cook didn't do it but fell off on the first bend. Cook and Masters had at least 6 rollers between them.

Then to exclude Worrall when Masters took a dive in heat 13 was just unbelievable!

I've no idea what meeting Mick Posselwhite was watching but it certainly wasn't the same one I was.

Don't get me wrong, the overall result was never in doubt and the Monarchs were genuinely full value for the win it just narks me when even the ref is against you as well.

That's my feelings, whether others that attended agree or not I imagine will probably be down to who they support.

The ref was obviously letting the jump starts go, so why didn't we attempt any? I have already made my feelings known about who I would like to see leave our team and after tonight, that has totally reinforced why I don't want them

Good stuff from Ellis heeps body Hawkins, unlucky from Worrall but pathetic from the other 2, but that's my opinion and I'm not changing it

Congrats to the monarchs, totally deserved their win. Just how did they put together a winning team like that when cook took so much of the starting average together.

The ref was obviously letting the jump starts go, so why didn't we attempt any? I have already made my feelings known about who I would like to see leave our team and after tonight, that has totally reinforced why I don't want them

Good stuff from Ellis heeps body Hawkins, unlucky from Worrall but pathetic from the other 2, but that's my opinion and I'm not changing it

Congrats to the monarchs, totally deserved their win. Just how did they put together a winning team like that when cook took so much of the starting average together.

You think what Edinburgh would be like with the Witches reserves!

Well done to the Monarchs, even with a decent Ref the best we would have got is 41.

As for poor Gino, he's been great this season, and we love him. I just hope CL tells him to get to Heathrow tomorrow and go home and see his family, there's no point him staying here now, I know he's supposed to attend the end of season thing, but under the circumstances he should go home and give his babe a cuddle, and then come back next year and become a real star.

• Like 5

Which ever way you look at it - that one was one shocking team performance........with the exception of Heeps and Ellis who had their moments..

We don't need to go through names on the forum, the Foxhall faithful know exactly what to expect from each of the riders when they line up at the tapes and it's fast becoming an all too familiar story when our riders miss the gate.

This was supposed to be a Cup Final - plenty of noise made this week in the press, radio and website and yet the public turn up and watch a circus!.

I'm not taking anything away from Edinburgh who were excellent but quite honestly the rebuilding job for 2015 starts now for the Louis'

It will be a long ol drive tomorrow to Scotland and worse still come next Thursday they will do well to get 250 paying customers for the 16 lapper..