British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mtommo

Woffiden Not Riding Tuesday

I see that tai is not in line up on Tuesday at wolves I think that says it all about next season

Still p****d from celebrating over the weekend??

Still p****d from celebrating over the weekend??

Celebrating what Skids ? Surviving a run off against Nicki P maybe ....

So what if he was hammered at least he decided not to race unlike a certain Mr Ward

Maybe as a thank you to all the fans that have supported him and his charity efforts.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 4

I'm asking if he was actually ever down to ride in the Olympique? I guess he was?

I don't think he was down to ride it, nothing was ever mentioned about it.

Usually the majority of the seasons team ride in it but I have a feeling from what was said at the talk in that relations between the club and Tai are not in a good place.

Will be interesting to see if Pete Adams is part of his setup for the GP's next year

• Like 2

here is todays latest news from the wolves website about it.

http://www.wolverhamptonwolves.co/news.php?extend.2142

WOLVERHAMPTON will bring the curtain down on the 2014 campaign as they host their traditional season-ending Banks's Olympique on Tuesday (7.30).

The hugely popular event, which adopts a unique handicap format, always pulls in a bumper crowd and Tuesday is set to be no different.

An exciting line-up has been assembled including talented youngsters Oliver Berntzon and Tobiasz Musielak who both make their first appearance at Monmore Green.

They are joined by British stars Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris plus King's Lynn ace Rory Schlein amongst others.

Wolves favourites Peter Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre, Jacob Thorssell and Joe Jacobs will all ride alongside Cradley top man Steve Worrall on what promises to be an entertaining evening.

Former Wolves man Ricky Wells, who claimed a rostrum finish in the event in 2012, will also be in action - and he is looking forward to an exciting night.

Said Wells: "I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, I love a meeting with a different format and it's always an exciting night.

"The handicap format changes the whole night, and with Wolves being such a great race track it definitely makes for an exciting end to the season."

LINE-UP: Ricky Wells, Danny King, Richard Lawson, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Scott Nicholls, Pontus Aspgren, Tobiasz Musielak, Steve Worrall, Oliver Berntzon, Chris Harris, Aaron Summers, Gino Manzares, Peter Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre. RESERVES: Max Clegg, Tom Perry.

They are joined by British stars Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris plus King's Lynn ace Rory Schlein amongst others.

Will Chris Harris team ride with himself in the heat where they both come up against each other?

Tai will probably give the UK a miss next year and concentrate on the GP with Sweden and Poland.

Who can blame him?

Richardson and Nicholls stopped riding for the national team due to finances so Tai will probably do a similar thing with the Brit league.

But he will still be part of the Team GB set up.

The lad wants to win more world titles and sees that other top men cut down on their leagues and will most likely do the same.

The EL is the least profitable for him in terms of cash and large number of meetings.

I wish the lad well as he has proved this year he is no one off. He will win the world championship again.