British Speedway Forum
ch958

The Somerset Mystery

two seperate posters on seperate threads have said more or less the same thing: Whats the big deal with the OTA?

I myself only went once and i thought it was quite boring - straights just not long enough

Am i and my fellow posters missing something?

two seperate posters on seperate threads have said more or less the same thing: Whats the big deal with the OTA?

I myself only went once and i thought it was quite boring - straights just not long enough

Yeh, some of the best Speedway in the country.. Some are never satified.

• Like 1

Hmmm you thought the OTA was boring,can I suggest a visit to the doctor or try watching another sport lol

• Like 3

I'm with you I have been dozens now it's my nearest track, now & and then before when my team visited it seemed overhyped I prefer more technical tracks where throttle control is needed. But it's only an opinion everyone to their own choices.

[/quote

is that where the speedway race is over by the first 30 mtrs and F.T.G. on the updates site. if that satisfies you . tiddlywinks must be a proper adrenalin rush..

• Like 1

just an opinion old sport - you can only say what you see

Dont always agree with you starman but we both agree on this one Top Racing

You are not alone mate over-rated never starts on time and usually all over after the 2nd bend 1st lap in most races but the locals are very sensitive about thier track !

any time I have been the racing has been cracking. perhaps I've just been lucky or perhaps you need racers on both teams willing to take it on and race. There have always been plenty of lines as well when I've been

• Like 1

Per ratio I've seen far more good meetings at the OTA than anywhere else. Some of the racing this year has been breathtaking and its not always blasts around the outside either. If the opposition don't race the local boys pass them, simples...if the opposition do race there is an opportunity to pass. As a mate of mine says, 'there's no hiding place out there'

Great track but with such a strong side again this year there are bound to be several FTG's.

• Like 1

Great track but with such a strong side again this year there are bound to be several FTG's.

Agree the opposition has to be up to scratch,it's a great racing track.

Iv been a handful of times and not been disappointed only seen Edinburgh and the pairs tho. Of course get many FTG as with every track but get some spectacular racing aswel, not to mention the cider and the locals. It seems to be the perfect set up to me with a great bar area and a view from almost everywhere. Just wish was bigger/more food/drink outlets for bigger meets. Cant wait for my trip down on the 24th :D

Edited by Cj69