British Speedway Forum

Best meeting I have watched this season so far, really enjoyed it. How I wish we could watch Emil more often

Certainly a most enjoyable meeting - the best televised Euro meeting so far imo.

Onwards and upwards with the World U21 series next year!! :t:

• Like 1

Far better than the Grand Prix's even though we missed the first three heats.

I wonder what people would prefer like as it was last night or a recording of the whole meeting from heat one?

I wonder what people would prefer like as it was last night or a recording of

the whole meeting from heat one?

Imo, its better to go live direct and then replay the missed heats in

the first track grading interval.

• Like 1

Superb meeting, hope those who bemoan modern speedway watch this. Almost every heat had passing and some tough moves. Really hope we see Emil and Darcy back in GPS next year. Killer lindback and the lagutas would all enhance it as well.

waihekeaces1, I agree except for Ward. He should be forced to qualify if he wants in.

• Like 1

Yes well done Nicki, shows you can win meetings cleanly without the need to put other riders at risk of serious injury.

Oh dear.

As earlier, and many others agree, the whole meeting was full of moves along the lines of what Nicki did to Greg. Lines were CONSTANTLY taken. Riders were having to shut off or be stuffed in the fence, some didn't and traded elbows whilst scraping the fence.. options Greg had, but chose not to utilise.

In other words, it takes two (or more) to have a really good hard race.

• Like 3

I wonder what people would prefer like as it was last night or a recording of the whole meeting from heat one?

Agree totally with that. The quality of the racing (so far) and of the riders in this years GP series is arguably the worst for a long long time, with at least 5 riders not in it (for various reasons!) who would have greatly improved the racing.

There's only really one winner of it this year, Woffinden (as long as he doesnt get injured). Lets hope that the likes of Emil, Darcy, Laguta's are all in it next season.

Yes well done Nicki, shows you can win meetings cleanly without the need to put other riders at risk of serious injury.

Nicki has won many many meetings without any incident?? Dont really see what point you are making? Consentrating on isolated incidents, half of which are racing incidents is poor really... Yes hes wrong a few times but not as much as the whinging monster team want us to believe....

Bet you were gutted watching a true racer winning in that style last night eh :)

• Like 3

Any ideas if this is repeated on eurosport / on YouTube?

Last year I think they showed highlights of the meeting in the hour before the next round is shown, catch this if you have not managed to get it on utube

Nicki has won many many meetings without any incident?? Dont really see what point you are making? Consentrating on isolated incidents, half of which are racing incidents is poor really... Yes hes wrong a few times but not as much as the whinging monster team want us to believe....

Bet you were gutted watching a true racer winning in that style last night eh :)

Not gutted at all i like to watch great racing on a great racetrack, Nicki is always box office and the sport will miss him when he doesn't ride anymore and he is one of the best riders in the world, he doesn't have to resort to dirty tactics to win.

Oh dear.

As earlier, and many others agree, the whole meeting was full of moves along the lines of what Nicki did to Greg. Lines were CONSTANTLY taken. Riders were having to shut off or be stuffed in the fence, some didn't and traded elbows whilst scraping the fence.. options Greg had, but chose not to utilise.

In other words, it takes two (or more) to have a really good hard race.

Options Greg didn't have any as Nicki left him no option.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Really good meeting but was surprised when Kildemand picked red in the semi instead of yellow

Really good meeting but was surprised when Kildemand picked red in the semi instead of yellow

DIDN'T do Emil much good in the final

DIDN'T do Emil much good in the final

Agree but picking yellow got Pawel through to the final, also it would have got me a few more points on bash the bookie if he scored in the final.

I would would start from heat one but skip the gaps between races, wouldn't take long to catch up to "live"

Just my preference