British Speedway Forum

You gotta wonder if this is the same Antonio that hardly scored a point in the GP-challenge?

I've said previously that he is a total enigma. "The Yo Yo Kid"

You gotta wonder if this is the same Antonio that hardly scored a point in the GP-challenge?

Wonder if he was somehow on Harris's bike and Chris was on Antonios and after the meeting they noticed the mistake and now everything is back to normal :rofl:

• Like 1

Let's hope Anton gets the win and Nicki finishes 3rd so we get a run-off too! (Or 3nd and 4th)

Congratulations to Emil. A fantastic talent. Also what a great meeting on such a well prepared track. Well done Ostrow. Join you guys tomorrow for Polski Sunday. Take care. Alan.

What an awful choice from Lindback to take Gate 1. The result was pretty obvious from that point, he was fortunate to get 3rd.

• Like 1

1) Fans of my generation who were weaned on speedway at Custom House and Hyde Road know a race track when we see one. The SEC and tracks like Ostrow have the edge over GP's at tracks like Cardiff...for me anyway.

2) I don't pretend to know what's going on with Emil, his advisers, the Russian Federation or the GP organisers, but the series without Emil is a travesty. Absolutely no disrespect to Tai or Greg, but winning the World Championship when the double-European Champion and arguably the world's best rider is not competing slightly diminishes the achievement...for me anyway.

• Like 5

1) Fans of my generation who were weaned on speedway at Custom House and Hyde Road know a race track when we see one. The SEC and tracks like Ostrow have the edge over GP's at tracks like Cardiff...for me anyway.

2) I don't pretend to know what's going on with Emil, his advisers, the Russian Federation or the GP organisers, but the series without Emil is a travesty. Absolutely no disrespect to Tai or Greg, but winning the World Championship when the double-European Champion and arguably the world's best rider is not competing slightly diminishes the achievement...for me anyway.

Total nonsense. Was Peter Collins win in 76 diminished by Olsen not competing. Was Olsens 78 win diminished by PC not competing. Emil has simply proved what a weak individual he is by allowing himself to be manipulated like he has, maybe he has shown he doesnt have the make up to be world champion

• Like 7

As I said...for me anyway.

• Like 1

Total nonsense. Was Peter Collins win in 76 diminished by Olsen not competing. Was Olsens 78 win diminished by PC not competing. Emil has simply proved what a weak individual he is by allowing himself to be manipulated like he has, maybe he has shown he doesnt have the make up to be world champion

As I said...for me anyway.

Oldace your opinion is certainly in the minority,it makes no sense at all Tai winning the WC is like Chelsea winning the Premiership without Man Utd in it.We all know how good Emil is for me he is the BEST rider in the world for me it just shows how poorly speedway is run.Why is a solution not found? without Emil,and Darcy in the series it takes the shine off Tai winning it.I like Tai and he deserves everything he gets but he knows he is lucky that Emil is not about and as usual the speedway supporter misses out. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Agreed and to think accused Kildemand in a GP for going down too easily, makes a mockery looking at that one.

• Like 2

Just watching heat 3 pedersen went down quicker than a tarts kickers

pause it a second before he goes down and everyone left leg is back. Pause it as there's cintact and he's shoved his foot into the back of Pawlicki clearly looking for it.

Which is EXACTLY what OneSport want fans to start to think and claim.

Seems many fans are gullible enough too as well.

Whoever is World Champion this year, their achievement isn't diminished in the slightest. Nor will it be next year. If Emil can't be bothered to enter or more precisely, isn't allowed to enter, then tough, he's a complete non-entity.

• Like 5

If emil l wants to be recognised as one of the best riders in the world he needs to be in the world championship. He is clearly is in comparison but you got to be in it to win it and records will show he won the European championship. Whoever wins the world championship is not deminished by anybody not being in it imo

• Like 4

Regarding Emil's arm, I've seen comments that it was just dislocated so I can see why someone night mistake that for a broken arm.

So initially the involved parties might have thought that arm was broken but it later turned out to be a dislocation.