British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pinny

Aussie Speedway Season

COMMENTRY all over the place ... mistook Holder for Masters in the A Final and never bothered to correct their error when announcing the result.

COMMENTRY all over the place ... mistook Holder for Masters in the A Final and never bothered to correct their error when announcing the result.

Will, I appreciate that they bothered to show the meeting at all, even if you didn't. It wasn't a great spectacle but nice to see some racing after a few months off

Should've been a run-off for title as you shouldn't be awarded a point for getting excluded.

Should've been a run-off for title as you shouldn't be awarded a point for getting excluded.

Kurtz is a lucky boy gained a point the exact same way in the 2nd round after being excluded in the A final. So they 2 points have won him the title.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Will, I appreciate that they bothered to show the meeting at all, even if you didn't. It wasn't a great spectacle but nice to see some racing after a few months off

DID I say I didn't appreciate the coverage as such ...

Well done to Brady Kurtz for winning in Aus, and to all the Rebels lads past and present. Hope Josh and Rohan are not too badly hurt, roll on March COYR.

Kurtz is a lucky boy gained a point the exact same way in the 2nd round after being excluded in the A final. So they 2 points have won him the title.

WTF?

WTF?

A Final scores are 4,3,2,1.....so you get a point minimum as long as you have qualified

I only watched 4 heats and gave up,but good service,can't complain.Guess Phil didn't get a mention when they were greeting all the overseas guys including Rosco,Tony Steele and Andy P :P

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

• First time that I see a rider win a major speedway championship by scroing a point from a tape touching exclusion in the decisive final race. Stupid rules there in Oz. Why make this so complicated, just keep the regular 3,2,1,0 point score for the final, or at least, don't award a point for a non-finisher in that final. This is ridicoulus.

If it had been 3-2-1-0 in the final, Masters would only have scored 1 not 2, so result would have been the same!! Its not Brady's fault that they have 4-3-2-1 in the A and B finals - its the same for everyone.

It would have been the same from round 2 with Masters finishing 3rd there as well!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

But it would not have been so controversial with a 3-2-1-0 scoring in the final. Would have been much easier to accept if Kurtz won it WITHOUT scoring a point for a tape exclusion.

• Like 1

No extra points from the 'B' Finals, just the 'A' Finals.

I guess the 'extra' point for the 'A' Final, whether you finish the Heat or not, is as a 'reward' for making the Final and to put a point on the riders who didn't make it through from the 'B' Final.

Goes against the grain a bit to earn points from exclusions, but thems the Rules and, as Blobby says, Kurtz also got a point from the 2nd Round 'A' Final despite being excluded.

Not sure, but Brady may be the youngest ever Aussie Solo Speedway Champion?

Edited by macca56

Before you start poking fun at the commentery you want to listen what we have to put up with on Sky sports cos they as just as bad if not worse and certainly alot louder so today was alot quieter and calmer