British Speedway Forum
magnus

Bspa Meeting...

Long Eaton track closed after it wasw sold for re-devlopment for housing, but it never happened and the area where the stadium stood is now just a piece of waste ground. The Long Eaton team stopped racing for a few years and they have tried a number of times to get the old stadium back up and running to no avail. But they have started racing again in the MDL and they have Leicester Lions to thank who let them race at the Lions track.

Far to many teams are losing thier tracks when being sold for hosing etc. Long Eaton have been lucky that someone lets them track share, I know the same happened to Weymouth twice when they lost thier track and have not raced for a few years now but they are looking to bounce back.

Far to easy for the owners of the land to make a few quick bob selling the land, no thought goes into the teams who lose thier track and then have to close.

It is times like this that the BPSA should step in and help those teams, with the possibility of herlping them to find another track to race on, instead of just sitting back and watching more teams being lost.

THE ground where the stadium once stood is a housing estate now. The council have named several of the streets within the development after the Speedway. How kind of them.

It wouldn't take much time to publish the agenda and the minutes, so that everyone can see what has been discussed, who said what etc., but it won't happen.

Why should it? We are not members of the BSPA!!

If it was the AGM of the British Association of Widget Manufacturers - and all of us were users of widgets on a regular basis - we still wouldn't be entitled to see/get the AGM agenda or minutes!!

However I agree that the summary of decisions should be a lot more concise and accurate than it has been in recent years.

• Like 1

Why should it? We are not members of the BSPA!!

If it was the AGM of the British Association of Widget Manufacturers - and all of us were users of widgets on a regular basis - we still wouldn't be entitled to see/get the AGM agenda or minutes!!

However I agree that the summary of decisions should be a lot more concise and accurate than it has been in recent years.

I agree to some extent. However, if a widgit manufacturer makes a change to their product, they put out a product change notice to their customers, they dont let them find out themselves by chance week or months after the change was made - thats all we really wants, a proper list of the changes we're expected to pay for.

It is the pld mushroom syndrome keep us all in the dark for as long as possible and then make as much money from us at a later date. All they give us ever are a few select words to keep us all quite for a few weeks, until the whole fiasco kicks off again and then we find out what a cock up they have made of things yet again.

Might it be a good idea to invite a representative from Sky to the BSPA meeting. They seem to have their finger on the pulse of popular opinion. The large 2 minute timer they had at recent televised meetings was a step in the right direction.

Might it be a good idea to invite a representative from Sky to the BSPA meeting. They seem to have their finger on the pulse of popular opinion. The large 2 minute timer they had at recent televised meetings was a step in the right direction.

THE ground where the stadium once stood is a housing estate now. The council have named several of the streets within the development after the Speedway. How kind of them.

Rider Replacement Road is very popular.

• Like 5

Nigel Pearson has attended as both a promoter and a media representative in the past hasn't he?!

Two Minute Mews is too.

• Like 1

Two Minute Mews is too.

One of the roads has a huge pothole, I think it's called Wimborne Road.

• Like 5

In last weeks Star, Leicester promoter David Hemsley said supporter interaction is a key factor and he can often be found roaming the terraces on a race night. He said, sometimes people will come up to me and talk to me about things I don't really want to hear about, but everybody has paid their money to come in so everybody has a right to their opinion. That's why I do my best to make myself available.

Perhaps if all promoters took David's attitude and found out what their customers wanted from their evening out some things might actually be changed at the AGM for the better.

In last weeks Star, Leicester promoter David Hemsley said supporter interaction is a key factor and he can often be found roaming the terraces on a race night. He said, sometimes people will come up to me and talk to me about things I don't really want to hear about, but everybody has paid their money to come in so everybody has a right to their opinion. That's why I do my best to make myself available.

Perhaps if all promoters took David's attitude and found out what their customers wanted from their evening out some things might actually be changed at the AGM for the better.

is this the same promoter that when the poor design of his track is mentioned puts his fingers in his ears and goes lalalala lalala Im not listening?
  • Like 2

Nigel Pearson has attended as both a promoter and a media representative in the past hasn't he?!

As a promoter ? I didnt realise NL Teams were allowed at the full agm.

It is the pld mushroom syndrome keep us all in the dark for as long as possible and then make as much money from us at a later date. All they give us ever are a few select words to keep us all quite for a few weeks, until the whole fiasco kicks off again and then we find out what a cock up they have made of things yet again.

Dream on.

Is this the same guy who will tell anyone who will listen that he has a great product at Leicester.He may be available but most of the time he is in cloud cuckoo land.