British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Let it drop Bridger showed his true colours, holidays I think he quoted 2 months in the SS. He's gone or never arrived so let's get on with the future and hope that the 7th rider is a good asset who would help Coventry win the League, hope that the delay is likely to reveal good news. Still Fred Perkins!

• Like 3

He reached his peak last season. Shame as he took the gamble as a 17 year old and opted straight for the EL rather than cutting his teeth in the PL.

No chance of any further improvement as he has little between his ears and there will always be a chance of imploding just around the corner.

• Like 2

He reached his peak last season. Shame as he took the gamble as a 17 year old and opted straight for the EL rather than cutting his teeth in the PL.

No chance of any further improvement as he has little between his ears and there will always be a chance of imploding just around the corner.

That's no way to talk about Fred Perkins
  • Like 1

Still say keep Fred Perkins in mind, he could be the answer!.

• Like 1

Blimey there must be some old people on here besides me with all this talk of Fred Perkins. :lol: I can remember him riding for Leicester way back.

.....EnglishRoundabout.......No chance of any further improvement as he has little between his ears and there will always be a chance of imploding just around the corner.

Too true. The English version of Darcy Ward.

• Like 1

How do you know they can't afford it. Do you know something we don't?

Unfortunately, Skidder has joined the ranks of Poole fans who seem to sneer and enjoy issues at every other club. Its a shame really, it doesn't do him or them any favours :nono:

His comments add a little lighthearted banter. He seems to take it quite well whenever Poole are being taken apart on here too.

• Like 3

Who says they can't afford to make a loan? They just probably think, like the majority of Coventry fans do, that Bridger has got a damn cheek asking. No equipment and no van because he's spent all his money on other things. He obviously wasn't seriously intending to ride so tough. Perhaps he can get a job shelf stacking and actually work for a living. :P

I think you are being a little unfair on Lewis here Janet . 2 months holiday in the winter is nothing unusual for speedway riders . are you going to be equally as condemning of all the Australians , who went home in October and have had 5 months holiday . only to come back here expecting help with accomodation , flights vans .equipment , mechanics and bikes ? . As far as Lewis Bridger was concerned he was done with speedway for this year at the very least , so he sold his kit and went on holiday just like hundreds of others did . then he found himself in demand since the rest of the holiday makers had problems with UKV&I

the most likely reason Mick Horton backed out of the loan deal is because while he was negotiating with Lewis Bridger he saw that the Visa problem was little more then a storm in a teacup and only affected a few lower order immigrant workers and a british riders team place could easily be filled without too much problem .. Lewis' handling of the situation on social media was not very clever , but then most speedway riders are not all that clever , if they were they wouldn't be taking the risks they do for so little recompense . Lewis has made a few mistakes away from the track and has not endeared himself to the public with his outbursts on social media , but it's in the nature of sportsmen to be volatile so nothing out of the ordinary , he's not alone in being a loose cannon. I|MHO the best thing for Lewis Bridger would be to forget the British foreign speedway riders benefit scheme, and go earn a living and and enjoy himself taking part in another sport without all the back biting and bullrubbish that come with speedway ..

• Like 2

Skidder in 'stirring the rubbish with a big old spoon' shocker.

• Like 1

Skidder in 'stirring the rubbish with a big old spoon' shocker.

So a new foreign rider won't require transport, mechanics, workshop, help with machinery etc then?!

Hardly stirring, just asking the question and using what we know about the Bridger situation, which is entirely what Bridger has stated himself admittedly with a very poor attitude.

BUT something has clearly happened with 'things promised' to prompt such a response! Lots on here continually go on about facts and transparency - why don't Coventry management give their side? :shock:

You are either guessing or know things and are choosing not to reveal them, either way its stirring in my book, something you often do on several threads! And to be fair get bites from. Horton and Bridger are both rum uns so either or both could be to blame for what went on last week and very few will probably ever learn the truth....I don't see Zmarzlik riding over here again personally and like you say he would want financial assurances but they may or may not be totally different to what Bridger wanted/demanded/was promised.

Horton cant be that bad (in the scheme of things when it comes to speedway promoters anyway) otherwise riders wouldn't return to ride for him. Lets hope whoever Coventry sign is somebody decent so that if they meet Poole in the final again they can smash them to pieces this time and make 95% of the speedway world happy :cheers::drink:

• Like 5

Speedibee. how dare you spout such common sense! :wink: Might I add though that it would do no harm for Mr Bridger to reflect on the situation and consider seriously whether he wants to make a career in the sport. If he does want to come back he might accept that his own skills for self promotion are sadly lacking and deleting his twitter account might be a wise move. Ability on its own will get him so far - probably to exactly where he is at this moment in time.

His comments add a little lighthearted banter. He seems to take it quite well whenever Poole are being taken apart on here too.

It's only light hearted banter if it's deemed that by both parties, it's not..

So a new foreign rider won't require transport, mechanics, workshop, help with machinery etc then?!

Hardly stirring, just asking the question and using what we know about the Bridger situation, which is entirely what Bridger has stated himself admittedly with a very poor attitude.

BUT something has clearly happened with 'things promised' to prompt such a response! Lots on here continually go on about facts and transparency - why don't Coventry management give their side? :shock:

Because it isn't your business, its between Bridger and the club as it is with any employer. The transparency that people want, comes in relation to the governing body that oversees the sport as you well know and that's how it should be.

A large section of us a bloody relieved let me tell you. God knows what Havelock was thinking, he's a bad a Muddlo!

• Like 1

I think that Skidder does get inside info, and that he often posts questions on the forum when he already has the answers.

If it pleases him, then that's fine. :D

• Like 2

I think that Skidder does get inside info, and that he often posts questions on the forum when he already has the answers.

Makes him feel important? Not that important to go on the jolly with Ford, Muddlo and all the other sponsors the other week though :D:P

• Like 3

A sort of Gustix Lite?

• Like 3