British Speedway Forum

I have to say that I was very impressed with Charlie too last night. She was not frightened to disagree with some of the Political Heavyweights and put her Case very well. Obviously a highly principled Lady as she has said that she will resign her position at Sheffield United if Ched Evans signs for her Club. As I said - very impressive.

Yes and she is now getting abuse on twitter from some Neanderthal Sheffield United supporters who seem to think it is OK to support a convicted rapist and OK to abuse people who point out the fact that he is a rapist

Yes and she is now getting abuse on twitter from some Neanderthal Sheffield United supporters who seem to think it is OK to support a convicted rapist and OK to abuse people who point out the fact that he is a rapist

Some people really are beneath contempt.

I read she tweeted the other day that she'd run into Mike Tyson and was annoyed with herself because she didn't get a photo or autograph

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist whom she obviously feels is allowed to live the rest of his life after serving a sentence

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/18/charlie-webster-quit-sheffield-united-ched-evans-return

Edited by ch958
  • Like 3

Double standards from Miss Webster me thinks , apparently she would have been quite happy to ask Mike Tyson for his autograph, IMHO its only because its Sheff Unt that's involved .

I read she tweeted the other day that she'd run into Mike Tyson and was annoyed with herself because she didn't get a photo or autograph

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist whom she obviously feels is allowed to live the rest of his life after serving a sentence

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/18/charlie-webster-quit-sheffield-united-ched-evans-return

I read that to last weekend , its another case of people who should think before they tweet

Edited by DSC67

Double standards from Miss Webster me thinks , apparently she would have been quite happy to ask Mike Tyson for his autograph, IMHO its only because its Sheff Unt that's involved .

I read that to last weekend , its another case of people who should think before they tweet

Regardless, she is spot on about that scumbag at Sheffield Utd. I can't believe their fans are asking for his name to be put on the back of their shirt.

Personally I have always though Blades fans were inbreds, I mean, years later they still chant 'scabs' when Forest play them. Then again, I am biased after some twit of a Blade fan who was not even born when the miners strikes were on spat at me near the station when calling me a scab.

Regardless, she is spot on about that scumbag at Sheffield Utd. I can't believe their fans are asking for his name to be put on the back of their shirt.

Personally I have always though Blades fans were inbreds, I mean, years later they still chant 'scabs' when Forest play them. Then again, I am biased after some twit of a Blade fan who was not even born when the miners strikes were on spat at me near the station when calling me a scab.

scumbag....inbreds

you seem like a nice balanced guy

there are 2 (at least) current pro footballers who have killed people using their cars

nobody denied them the right to move on after sentence is served

• Like 4

It's interesting to see Charlie in quite a different role from the one we usually see her in ie: the trifling pit interviews to now appearing fairly regulary on heavyweight politcal programmes, raising concerns of a very serious nature for which she clearly has intellegent, articulate and passionate views.

Good for her.

If you look at Charlie's CV you will see she is extremely clever and I've no doubt is very articulate,which begs the question why she comes across as so wooden when in front of the camera at the speedway.

Edited by New Science

If you look at Charlie's CV you will see she is extremely clever and I've no doubt is very articulate,which begs the question why she comes across as so wooden when in front of the camera at the speedway.

Where did you find her CV?... :o

Possibly because she is told what to say by the Director.

scumbag....inbreds

you seem like a nice balanced guy

there are 2 (at least) current pro footballers who have killed people using their cars

nobody denied them the right to move on after sentence is served

Ched Evans has never once shown any remorse , never once apologised, never once mentioned the girls family, or the girl herself.....that is more as to why people are against him playing again

If he had actually shown some remorse and been apologetic then people may have supported him in an attempt to play again....the fact he hasn't is quite appalling and that is why most people are against him playing again.

• Like 1

Ched Evans has never once shown any remorse , never once apologised, never once mentioned the girls family, or the girl herself.....that is more as to why people are against him playing again

If he had actually shown some remorse and been apologetic then people may have supported him in an attempt to play again....the fact he hasn't is quite appalling and that is why most people are against him playing again.

Evans has always said he is not guilty ? so from his point of view why would he show any remorse and why would he apologised ?

Let's Just said it happen to you and you were not guilty .. what would you do ? show remorse and apologised for something you never did or maintain your innocent .

Where did you find her CV?... :o

Try wikipedia

Possibly because she is told what to say by the Director.

Well how come Chris Louis and Sophie Blake ask decent questions then and don't look wooden ?