British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DavyH

Best Ever Pl Team Smug :)

Sorry for the title, just so Paulco and GazC can find the thread!!

• Like 1

Davy, by pipping Somerset tonight, you've ensured that the last team to win back-to-back titles at this level remains Glasgow in '93 and '94 ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 7

Well done Monarchs on winning the QUAD.

Justice for Wee Joe.

Now I would like to see this team race our team from 2003.

Cookie and Sam versus Freddie and the Motor. Now that would be a heat 15, and it is playing tonight in a dream near me!

Davy, by pipping Somerset tonight, you've ensured that the last team to win back-to-back titles at this level remains Glasgow in '93 and '94 ;)

All the best

Rob

93/94??? I was a boy then Rob!! okay, a 36/37 yr old boy.... luckily, i didn't go to speedway then but obviously the weegies had 600cc motors!

gonna fall asleep at the end of my rod due to lack of bites... is there a curfew in weegieland on pc posting tonight???

Edited by DavyH

Davy credit were credit is due very deserving champions and well done to the Monarchs However as Rob has pointed out some way to go to catch that phonomenial Glasgow team of the Mid 90s it took a lot off planning to get 600cc engines into the chassis but it worked eventually

But seriously Edinburgh have been head and shoulders above everyone this season and thoroughly deserve the plaudits

• Like 1

Arena Essex 1991 , by far the best 2nd tier team I've seen . But winning the three team trophies this season is a fine achievement .

• Like 1

*ahem* do not forget King's Lynn Stars 2006 and then 2009 teams ;) The team of 2006 was probably the better of the two for us I think, personally speaking. Congratz to Edinburgh on this years treble any how :t:

• Like 1

Arena Essex 1991 , by far the best 2nd tier team I've seen . But winning the three team trophies this season is a fine achievement .

Agree, that was one hell of a side which contained the likes of Karger & Bo Petersen who were outclassing everyone else .

You knew from day one that, barring any mishaps, they were going to flatten the opposition.