British Speedway Forum

Just thinking the same myself, are they going to wait until all teams have been declared??!! Not being able to run a something in a something comes to mind, it must be holding Berwick up not knowing what Jake is on. It wants sorted.

I thought that in previous years clubs submitted their proposed 1-7 line up to BSPA and then these were agreed/denied as applicable.

Their view may well be that all teams are aware of what averages riders should be on and therefore build their teams accordingly.

I think the lack of any statement or official announcement implies they don't deem it necessary (rightly or wrongly)

Having said all that, I wouldn't ask them to organise my get together in a brewery :cheers:

Edited by northyorksbear

You would think so wouldn't you?

The trouble is it's the secret society that is the BSPA, heaven forbid they would become transparent and let the supporters know whats going on

its strange that Somersets team isn't on the speedwaygb site yet.

Well it's listed now

• Like 2

fair enough, it was the announcement of th team I was thinking of.

Edited by comet49

Virtually every Premier League team would be happy with Holder, & if he is as entertaining as Brady Kurtz was last year, I don't mind what average he comes in on. We need more young hungry riders in the Premier League, whatever nationality they are. It's riders like Dilger that should be stopped from riding here, not young committed, talented Aussies.

• Like 9

With riders from Australia, in the past, being asessed as 7 points and having to attain that average to stay over and then the change in how averages are worked out now (no longer with bonus points) shouldn't the assessed averages reflect that they are no longer calculated using bonus points? maybe this is why they were at first reduced from a 7 to a 5?

• Like 2

well thought out with the bonus points thing.another way of looking at it.

• Like 1

think your being disrespectfull

and josh isnt classed as a aussie he dosnt require visa due to his polish conection

jason crump ,craig watson,mick powell,shane parker ........ must all have been rubish then in your book

I think Peterborough actually signed Crumpy on a 2 point average back in the early nineties!! Mind you if you ever watched any GP he ever rode on TV in you would already know he was born in Bristol!

Once the minefield of assessed average riders EU/NoneEU IMO the only way forward is that for team building and the much hated guesting system their assessed average is always used unless they attain a higher one due to performance in which case that takes priority. May be against EU rules but haven't the Poles got an average type system in place which makes Cookie a bad gamble.

I'll have 50p on Glasgow signing most. But that doesn't answer the question about how benefited most as they were generally rubbishe and only Grajczonek proved worth it :D

Unfortunately I suspect you are right!!! Mason Campton, Jayden O'Malley, Joey Ringwood, Harley Horwood, Mitchell Davey,Josh Grajczonek and Michael Penfold

I think Peterborough actually signed Crumpy on a 2 point average back in the early nineties!! Mind you if you ever watched any GP he ever rode on TV in you would already know he was born in Bristol!

yes but rode in uk on aussie license

wonder which rider will get treated like Ty Proctor did, sacked on the eve of the season, its going to happen as they can't fit all them in, I'm guessing Ritchie or charles

yes but rode in uk on aussie license

Yep but he has always had a British passport as well which made it easier for him.

So i take it, his average is going to left at 5, but the rules will be changed next year? That then let's Somerset and Poole get the rider they want

So i take it, his average is going to left at 5, but the rules will be changed next year? That then let's Somerset and Poole get the rider they want

Well thats settled that then.. :t: