British Speedway Forum

Aside from the Holder issue, where has the 'reduced reserve averages' come from? Did I miss that in the AGM statement?

I'm sure there is a 2.5% reduction for riders in their first 3 years (I think it's 3) after they leave the NL.

• Like 1

without holder i get the other 6 to 37.52 so even holder on a 5 the team is over the limit

something not right somewhere either the averages listed or just total mess up of team building

I'm sure there is a 2.5% reduction for riders in their first 3 years (I think it's 3) after they leave the NL.

i was told in another thread there was no longer any reduction

• Like 1

it was tounge in cheek cliff....i am correct about the scarf and hat though?? :)

Ha ha yes pretty much😃

Fair enough about sissis. Didd'nt know that. Thanks guys.

Won't be the first time Somerset will have to sack a rider before a wheel is turned

• Like 1

Fair enough about sissis. Didd'nt know that. Thanks guys.

Won't be the first time Somerset will have to sack a rider before a wheel is turned

well, I hope it's Richie Worrall and they do it soon, lol

Aside from the Holder issue, where has the 'reduced reserve averages' come from? Did I miss that in the AGM statement?

This has been the case since at least last year.

• Like 1

without holder i get the other 6 to 37.52 so even holder on a 5 the team is over the limit

something not right somewhere either the averages listed or just total mess up of team building

i was told in another thread there was no longer any reduction

So even without Holder they're pulling a fast one :nono: , come on somebody needs to get this sorted not a bit of wonder british speedway is on its backside. Some promoters just please there self :mad:

So even without Holder they're pulling a fast one :nono: , come on somebody needs to get this sorted not a bit of wonder british speedway is on its backside. Some promoters just please there self :mad:

Ignore my previous post if you wish to suit your arguement....

It makes the PL a farce really, Somerset shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!! Win at all costs yet again . All this garbage "the team to beat " just remember we had that tag last season and got no where . The BSPA need to throw this team out to re declare fairly like the rest of the PL . Berwick haven't declared their full 7 so have the benefit of the doubt . No surprise with Josh going back , that was on the cards from October . Goes with my best wishes but you really didn't have to pull the "polish commitments " bull . No rider is bigger than any team .

The Poole of The PL strike again

You'd think Grajczonek would simply have had the honesty to tell the truth, wouldn't you ?

Another major change in the regs that is not announced!

Do Somerset have a leg to stand on? Who knows until there is official statements to confirn the change or not.

I for one had no inkling of this increase and nothing had been brought up when others signed elsewhere.

I jumped on the Kurtz bandwagon last year because I thought it was wrong.

With Holder Im yet to be convinced it is a similar attempt to push the limit (pun intended)

Very good point about failing to make a pretty important regulation change public.

This is beyond the reach of the BSPA, SCB or any other speedway authority (I have little doubt that the 7.00 point ruling is correct because Steve Whitehead is a promoter and barnecooseboy is close to the Plymouth promotion) because its to do with the UKBA.

They set that ruling apparently and it seems unlikely to change.

I do know last season the UKBA came down on the BSPA like a ton of bricks last season over Australian riders using what seemed to them to be illegal visas. A promotion ignoring their directives could, as Steve Whitehead has said, create an awful lot of trouble.

I think it is beyond Stupidity,its a complete disregard and a two fingered salute to the UKBA,the BSPA and there fellow promotions

Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are ignorant. If they knew about this rule then they are pretty much what you have said.

I don't really care about giving a two finger to the BSPA (which of hasn't done that ?) or even other promotions. The UKBA is very much another matter.

I suspect what we will get is something like 'the BSPA told us a 5.00 was correct' like we had last season. No names mentioned so no-one has to take responsibility, of course.

What's up with these people, don't they have a rule book ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Any British rider within 3 years of acheving their first average still gets 2.5% reduction and quite right too.

• Like 2

You'd think Grajczonek would simply have had the honesty to tell the truth, wouldn't you

Is there any proof that Josh was actually quoted as saying that? Or must we just take Workington's word as gospel because Josh elected to join Somerset over Workington?

It is POSSIBLE that the BSPA office were asked about Jack Holders entry average very early on in 2014 and believed it could be 5, since that time senior officers of the BSPA have had a late season meeting with the Visa people and had their fingers stamped on for applying their own averages instead of the numbers agreed several years ago.

Back in 2001 Czech republic were still outside the EU and Pavel Ondrasik, Pepe Franc, Adrian Rymel, Mike Makovsky, all came into their teams oon a 9 point average

I was under the impression the 2.5% British rider discount had been dropped because it was deemed discrimation against EU citizens which is not allowed, in the matter of work it has to be a level playing field. IF the BSPA continue to ignore or flout Visa and Immigration rules the V & Is answer will be to stop issuing ANY visas for speedway use.

Dont forget the current government policy, and one that is supported by a large percentage of the British population is to reduce immigration, because that isnt currently possible with EU citizens it switches the attention for the reduction to non EU citizens.

• Like 1

Is there any proof that Josh was actually quoted as saying that? Or must we just take Workington's word as gospel because Josh elected to join Somerset over Workington?

There are quotes direct from Josh in the article, I'm sure if he hadn't said that he would be the first to say. I've no problem with him wanting back to Somerset just don't string people along. Maybe Somerset offered a better deal, who knows, but he is still a nice guy and I wish him success with his career

Just how do Somerset rip apart a winning team year after year and come up with another one that could win. Great looking team and it has so much improvement left in it

Yeh but sorry to say this, you to could do the same. There's nothing stopping you. Time and time again i hear opposing fans saying this, whether its us at poole or Garry at Somerset. No you cannot sign riders willy nilly, you must have a ceiling, but again Garry May is very good at what he does.Its also called forward planning. I wish Somerset all the best in their Quest in going one point better next season...

Edited by Starman2006