British Speedway Forum

It does all make sense that Todd Kurtz hasn't signed 'officially ' for any body yet! Could he be back in for Worrall if the change is to be made?

It does all make sense that Todd Kurtz hasn't signed 'officially ' for any body yet! Could he be back in for Worrall if the change is to be made?

No, as would be 0.47 over. Unless took out Josh G, then couldn't happen.

No, as would be 0.47 over. Unless took out Josh G, then couldn't happen.

Fair enough, didn't do the math. Just seemed a likely move

Would be a shame if TK was without a team place - he was motoring after his bro got injured.

• Like 1

Sheffield can be left out of this argument, go and have a look at Arthur Sissis's twitter and it's stated on there by Arthur himself he doesn't need a work permit as he rides on an. EU passport (Greek I believe)

No disrespect to young Arthur but he is as much Australian as others. Why should an EU rider come in on 5 and young Colonial cousins be hit? British Speedway needs young Aussies.

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 1

No disrespect to young Arthur but he is as much Australian as others. Why should an EU rider come in on 5 and young Colonial cousins be hit? British Speedway needs young Aussies.

So the rulings, as far as anyone can understand them, have changed since last season. Now it appears any rider qualifying under category 3 but holding an EU passport is assessed at 5 but those that don't are 7. Do I have that right as it would appear that two promotions got it wrong so perhaps no-one was told of the change at the outset. I guess we'll find out when the 2015 regs. are published.

18.6 RIDERS MATCH AVERAGES (see SR 16.2 for Definitions) and GRADINGS
18.6.1 Riders new to Premier League racing are categorised as follows:
Cat 1: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish
Ekstraliga or the Swedish Elitserien of above 6.00 points and a Rider subject to a
Certificate of Sponsorship
Cat 2: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish
Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding
currently in any Professional Speedway League,
Cat 3: Riders not riding in a Professional Speedway League and Commonwealth or USA
(to a maximum of 4 each season) Riders new to British Speedway
Cat 4: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur
18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:
Cat 1 8.00
Cat 2 7.00
Cat 3 5.00
Cat 4 3.00
Edited by tocha

I don't dispute that. The question is whether Sheffield knew that when they signed him, because they certainly didn't mention it.

Word I got was that another club went after him but abandoned the plan because they thought he'd be a 7.00.

Yes Sheff did know this as it was only way he would come...if he didnt have this he wouldnt be a 7 either...as with no top placing in State titles or Aussie rounds he wouldnt have got a work Permit!

• Like 5

Information I have is Todd's taken a year off at least.

Scunthorpe and Workington seemed to know about the new averages for Aussies so saying that the BSPA are at fault is rubbish.

The article in the speedway star says Somerset were told Holder would be a 5.00 and then got told he would be a 7.00, and shouldn't have ever been announced in hindsight at the social evening - hence why there is no press release I would imagine.

The article in the speedway star says Somerset were told Holder would be a 5.00 and then got told he would be a 7.00, and shouldn't have ever been announced in hindsight at the social evening - hence why there is no press release I would imagine.

It will be interesting to say the least to see what Somerset and Berwick will do with their line ups now , someone will be unlucky , just hope whoever it is gets fixed up ASAP

It will be interesting to say the least to see what Somerset and Berwick will do with their line ups now , someone will be unlucky , just hope whoever it is gets fixed up ASAP

Berwick don't need to dump anyone, they have four empty spaces and will just cut their cloth accordingly.

Somerset however......

• Like 1

Will the 2 Aussies be granted visa,s to ride that's the million dollar question

Yes they will, both have already finished in the top three of a State Championship.

Can I have my $1,000,000 please?

• Like 1

Berwick don't need to dump anyone, they have four empty spaces and will just cut their cloth accordingly.

Think they will have already selected their team just not published it yet, so somebody unknown to us will be unlucky I should imagine.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

Yes they will, both have already finished in the top three of a State Championship.

Can I have my $1,000,000 please?

What one did he finish in the top 3 in?