British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

One good thing to come out of all this --- Mister Blobby has clearly been told by the management to zip up and post nothing!

All will be fine in the monarchs camp don't you worry

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

All will be fine in the monarchs camp don't you worry

Don't think he was worried Mr B think it was more in hope.

cant see either having a problem meeting the criteria as you state. Lets just hope that the'red tape' is sorted in time for clubs to act as sponsors again so that teams can be at full strength for the start of the season

I thought it was the sponsors licences that were the problem, not the criteria. My understanding was the sponsors licences were withdrawn and clubs are required to have a responsible person attend and pass the workshops/training before the licenses could be re-instated. Is that no longer the case?

• Like 1

I thought it was the sponsors licences that were the problem, not the criteria. My understanding was the sponsors licences were withdrawn and clubs are required to have a responsible person attend and pass the workshops/training before the licenses could be re-instated. Is that no longer the case?

correct - thats what I meant by the red tape. Theres no doubt they qualify it just a case of when the clubs are reissued with authority to act as sponsor and therefore sign them.

Looking at a situation where there is a longer delay at least the PL has an advantage over the EL in that it could adapt the LC comp whilst teams are missing riders if they wanted to.

Hopefully all sorted in time for a normal mid March start though.

Taken from the overview section of Tier 2 Sportsmanship Visa on .gov.uk

"your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level"

This is one of the criteria that must be filled. So are any of the PL only riders eligible?

It will depend what is termed the 'highest level' In football it covers all four English divisions, its likely in speedway it covers the top two with the NL termed a 'development' league and the Youth and development leagues deemd the lower part of the pyramid (no disrespect meant by terms, just trying to equate to English football as I believe PN to be English)

This is one of the criteria that must be filled. So are any of the PL only riders eligible?

I agree with Lioness in that both leagues could be encompassed in the highest level criteria.

With the overlap in terms of D/U and fast track they are now more parrellel offerings (perhaps asymetric for the pendatic!) than first and second tier.

In the days when the qualifying criteria agreed by Work Permits (UK), as they then were, and the BSPA were published on the former's web site, the introduction included the following;

"Work permits will be issued to riders of the highest calibre who are able to make a significant contribution to the development of British Speedway in the Elite and Premier Leagues."

Good news - lets hope he hets a few chances and manages to take them.

he will be competing with sundstrom swiderski and ramsus jensen

Edited by GLagutaWorldChampion2015