British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

They don't have the meetings because they are not good enough...

What planet do some folk on here live on?

If you are good enough you get the meetings

Worrall I would guess had one meeting for two reasons 1) He has struggled in his country and 2) Lokomotiv had a fairly decent season after struggling in 2013.

Harris's had two meetings in Czestochowa side that were nearly relegated in 2012

Nicholls seem to do fairly well in the 2nd tier (Jason Doyle topped that one)

While Poland and Sweden have there problems they are still light years in front of Britain... Can't wait to see how Bartosz Zmarzlik and Piotr Pawlick turn out in the next few years.. Worrall Cook nice blokes and fairly decent to average punter but really lads in the grand scheme of things... Be serious

• Like 1

Out of interest , why is Cook copping flak for so called lack of ambition if he doesn't ride abroad , while British riders of equal ability like King and Barker aren't ?

• Like 1

Out of interest , why is Cook copping flak for so called lack of ambition if he doesn't ride abroad , while British riders of equal ability like King and Barker aren't ?

Because Cook is still seen as improving but King and Barker are seen as having reached their level I would imagine.

The bloke is a class rider and good for the PL. If he gets contracts abroad I'd still have no issues with him being in a PL and EL team.

• Like 1

And you'd say that to his face would you? Still the jealousy is evident that Craig became the best rider in the PL for Edinburgh and not Workington... Get over it...

As for having a brain...? Which speedway rider does??!!!! These guys get on bikes with no brakes and race within cm's of each other at 70mph!!!!!

I'd quite happily say it to his face yeah.

Troy not being re-signed in Poland is more down to him having had a crap season than any bad goings on in Poland. There are many far better examples to give.

But still, if you think riding PL will make Craig a better rider than Troy Batchelor staying at the same club two years running, by all means think that. It's barmy logic that I doubt anyone else will agree with though.

If you had taken time to read my comment in the context of the complete post, that was not what I inferred.

I cited the situation that if an SGP calibre rider, based in the UK (Batchelor) was now currently without a Polish contract for 2015, was it likely the Poles would be offering a contract to Craig ?

Where did I say "riding PL will make Craig a better rider than Troy Batchelor" ?

If there are no opportunities to earn abroad, and the probable contraction of the EL, are you seriously suggesting he should forego doubling up in 2015 ?

Hope you forget to duck.

• Like 3

I don't see what the arguments are here to be honest...

Craig himself has tried and failed to get places abroad to further his career which (from the GP qualifier last year), he desperately needs. However, his average from 2013 in the EL practically ruled him out of any team building plans from foreign clubs who won't take an untried rider on European tracks on the average he was carrying. His average has now dropped in the EL yet as much as we know, he's not signed for anywhere... Whether this is down to the right offer not being forthcoming or no offer forthcoming, only Craig knows the answer.

He's a British rider and his bread and butter is in the UK - probably because of his late start in the sport, it always will be. The EL is practically dying on it's proverbials so the guys still got a living to make. That leaves him with the PL and is an attractive proposition on the average he's carrying (which if you include his BP's from this year, isn't too far shy of 2013's level)!

The best thing I think could happen would be if he could somehow get a team place in Sweden racing on Tuesday's and a squad place in a Polish 1st division team (where Doyle is thriving and there's no reason after a few meetings, Cookie wouldn't also) whilst earning his bread and butter in the PL - unless of course pigs can fly and the EL finally sorts out it's own mess.

craig doesnt visit the local boxing club for nothing. welcome to the world of pain. lol .

Why do you hate Craig Cook so much, every time he is mentioned on a thread you are right in there spouting bile, get a grip, yes it is about opinions, but you just come over as obsessed with bringing him down, its a sport for god sake, try to relax :lol:

Plus I noticed we had slipped to page 2, cant have that can we :rofl:

Edited by ekimba
  • Like 1

post deleted given false info.

Edited by B.V 72

Interesting to read on the Monarchs website that they ran at a loss last season and the Directors had to 'inject a substantial amount of money'. Be interesting to know if their crowds were down in line with the general decline in speedway attendances or it was more the wage bill from thrashing the opposition at home, and high scoring on the road.

How about?

1 Sam Masters 8.23
2 Max Fricke 8.07
3 Theo Pijper 7.09
4 Jozsef Tabaka 6.00
5 Matthew Wethers 5.50
6 Joe Jacobs 4.07
7 Aaron Fox 3.50
Total 42.46

How about?

1 Sam Masters 8.23

2 Max Fricke 8.07

3 Theo Pijper 7.09

4 Jozsef Tabaka 6.00

5 Matthew Wethers 5.50

6 Joe Jacobs 4.07

7 Aaron Fox 3.50

Total 42.46

Not for me...Wethers and Pijper have had their day in the blue and gold and quite frankly that team looks weak. No sedgey? No Cook?

I think it looks like no Max Fricke. That team would struggle

Interesting to read on the Monarchs website that they ran at a loss last season and the Directors had to 'inject a substantial amount of money'. Be interesting to know if their crowds were down in line with the general decline in speedway attendances or it was more the wage bill from thrashing the opposition at home, and high scoring on the road.

Bit of everything I would suggest,The crowd for the Play off Final was decent IMO but a few years ago I think that it would not been far of a normal crowd at Armadale .Plenty of gaps in the Home straight terrace in recent seasons like most tracks I would suggests crowds are down overall.They do well with Sponsors and fund raising IMO