British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

More Visa Problems On The Way For Aussie Riders?

Davey Watt wants to double up, i think he's going to be disappointed.

So does Cameron Woodward!!

perhaps the general consensus is people only want our kith and kin here..........ie.only Northern Europeans like Germans and Scandinavians and people from the white Commonwealth.

TBF, I think those who want foreigners out want them all out. But thats not an option while we're in Europe so those in charge can't stop the Europeans but will clamp down on the no EU people to make it look like they're doing something - which tbf they are.

Never heard of the Anglo- Saxons eh!

Most people in this country have either Scandanavian or German blood in their veins,and by the way I have no problems with people from other countries....I was trying to say that most people who oppose mass immigration are quite happy with "selective" immigration.

When they say selective they mean the people they know, as in the 1970's "I want all those black people chucked out of the country"........ "no, no, not Leroy he's all right I know him"! A rather stereotypical example but this is how the average British casual racist/anti immigration discussion still plays out to this day. Quite pathetic really. We all come from Africa, it was just millions of years ago!

As for fighting two world wars against Germany what has that go to do with today? History is something you learn lessons from not re-live every day; because if we didn't take this approach we wouldn't let the Australians over because we deported a fair chunk of their ancestors as criminals!

When they say selective they mean the people they know, as in the 1970's "I want all those black people chucked out of the country"........ "no, no, not Leroy he's all right I know him"! A rather stereotypical example but this is how the average British casual racist/anti immigration discussion still plays out to this day. Quite pathetic really. We all come from Africa, it was just millions of years ago!

As for fighting two world wars against Germany what has that go to do with today? History is something you learn lessons from not re-live every day; because if we didn't take this approach we wouldn't let the Australians over because we deported a fair chunk of their ancestors as criminals!

The point I was making with the comment about Germans was this. Why do people think it's ok to have one nationality here as immigrants, but not another? And to base it on race, as the poster did, was ridiculous.

So, just for the record, I have nothing against Germans. In fact, my own brother in law is a Kraut.

Does it make a difference if you have bought and own a property in the UK?

owning a property will not make any difference to the work permit process.

having a child in the country however will.

I was under the impression it was more the Australian authorities that were causing the problem rather than ours if last winter was anything to go by..............

RP

Only to the extent that Ozzie boarder rules are harsher than ours. Australian Authorities have no say in who comes and who doesn't come to the UK Edited by TMW

Cant this government body that was set up for speedway via bspa and some mp's help out by explaing how this works to border agency

Cant this government body that was set up for speedway via bspa and some mp's help out by explaing how this works to border agency

heard you the first time ...maybe best to sneak in as an illegal immigrant...spin a sob story and they will house you and pay you to stay!!
  • Like 3

The Aussie immigration is very hard and difficult for anyone including Brits so why make it easier for them to come here ? Make it more difficult in line with their system i say ;)

Davey Watt wants to double up, i think he's going to be disappointed.

Didnt that get him in to trouble last time with his Mrs :D

Uh oh, lock up your daughters :P

• Like 1

Uh oh, lock up your daughters :P

I'm sure there would be a few applicants for that vacancy.

I don't think that is strictly true or illegalswould be producing left right and centre

But......

Marriage does

Only to the extent that Ozzie boarder rules are harsher than ours. Australian Authorities have no say in who comes and who doesn't come to the UK

Historically it's been twit for tat between the 2 bodies, they play tough more Aussies get rejected.

Wouldent Davey Watt be too old to double up, what is he mid 30s, young aussie yes but not someone on the last throw of the dice.

I'm sure there would be a few applicants for that vacancy.

I don't think that is strictly true or illegalswould be producing left right and centre

But......

Marriage does

Have you ever applied for a marriage (fiancee visa) ? for the UK, you cant just come here and get married, you need a visa to do it. :wink: , Spouse visa, Family visa, Visit visa, you name it, you need it.

Edited by greyhoundp