British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Still nothing about the Raiders. With the updates from Len's new PRO (that's Shadders who is also allegedly Lens adviser) on the changes taking place at the stadium, we still await with bated breath on any team news. Seeing that Shane Hazeldene is back for Kings Lynn NL team there has to be a couple of riders who Andrew will have to sign, we after all can't do a Scunthorpe this year. Kinda looking forward to seeing soeedway again, I enjoy NL soeedway but the silence on several things at Rye House is defening

The latest Rye House PR I have seen is from the ultra-reliable Craig Saul. How come 'our old mate Shadders' is mentioned? Or is the Post a joke where I am missing the point? :unsure:

Edited by Guest

Several riders who normally would be fixed up spring to mind with the likes of Ben Hopwood and Luke Chessell who have been previously mentioned.

Ben Wilson and Chris Widman are still available or are they?

Could be a useful looking Raiders team with still a lot of talent that needs giving a chance.

How about Rob B, ?

Junior

• Like 1

How about Rob B, ?

Junior

Just falls into the same category of helping another team's rider develop and therefore is a bad idea IMO.

Chris Mills may be an option as a number one, local and not fixed up with a PL side. A top 3 of him, Hopwood and Chessell would be competitive.

It could be that Andrew has his team down and is just building suspense?

With all the other teams completed (barr a heat leader at Buxton and a couple of 3 pointers at Kent / Eastie) the available riders now must be clear and not in negotiations with others.

I would be amazed if Chessell isn't at Rye House this season. Hopwood again is a strong possibility + one other heat leader then 4 rookies I suspect.

I guess Andrew has to get the top end in place though in case he has issues getting over the bottom limit.

Ashley Morris is looking for a NL team spot, i think his average is around 9+ but with only Hopwood and Chessell remaining a top 3 of Morris, Hopwood and Chessell would go well with 4 inexperienced riders.

Chris Widman became a far more accomplished rider as result of bring given a season long run by Stoke, and would be the perfect answer for a middle order man.

Not only will the Leicester based rider give his all, but he'll always be there when required. No tantrums with this young man, ultra professional in every sense of the word.

Yes, if it was down to me, then I'd be looking in his direction for one of the septet.

Chris Widman became a far more accomplished rider as result of bring given a season long run by Stoke, and would be the perfect answer for a middle order man.

Not only will the Leicester based rider give his all, but he'll always be there when required. No tantrums with this young man, ultra professional in every sense of the word.

Yes, if it was down to me, then I'd be looking in his direction for one of the septet.

I'd say he's nailed on to complete the Potters side, which looks pretty decent IMO. Definitely improved last season and can see him doing the same in 2015. Edited by RocketBen1

i dont believe rye are going to run

Well the clock is running down now to the start of the season, and the longer time goes on, without any rider announcements, the more the project seems less likely, Yes there are riders still available, but this silence from RH becomes more deafening with each passing day. I can understand that Andrew wants to choose the best prospects from any training school, and to do that it needs to be left as late as possible. However the riders that are to spearhead the Team, surely its possible to announce them?, and give supporters something to look forward to.

• Like 1

i dont believe rye are going to run

to be honest I was surprised when it was announced the raiders would be returning, the crowds were poor in their last season. I still think there is plenty of time to put a side together for the New campaign, but for me it means far too many meetings at rye with two teams running.

I feel if they could get away with it, Rye House would run there NL team along similar lines to what Scunthorpe did last season?

They need to get a move on thats for sure!

There's no rush at all, three months til the season starts and there's still plenty of riders to go around. Would be nice to have some news though!

No rush at all

It doesn't mean too many meetings quite the reverse...last season so few meetings completely disjointed season with so many variations in start times race days etc. Much better this season and to be fair at Rye the NL team costs far less and is extremely unlikely to run at a considerable loss but in running may well unearth a decent prospect like Danny Ayres which will make the season worthwhile for the Promotion

What really makes me laugh is the constant barrage of complaint against Silver for announcing his sides too early and for once a side hasn't been named early and the complaints still roll in. Chill out the NL season will start later i would think and just because names are not announced doesn't mean riders haven't been signed.

Me I can't wait for the season to start and for once with a decent fixture list we may not have to endure umpteen visits from Ipswich which has become boring for both sets of fans

• Like 3

Whilst I agree there is no rush if I was a rider I would like to know by now even if I was told to keep quiet until official release.

If those involved had been notified then there is a stronger chance they would be better prepared / be investing in new or upgraded equipment sooner rather than a last minute rush.