British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Prem League Entrance Fee

I see that you have secured that consultancy post for the NHS, (salary co sponsored by McDonalds & Andersons Burgers) :P

Think you would have to pay about £7000, to get rid of the ''Whining Supporters''

Cool, that works out at £18 per head for the real world people then ;)

after reading the press release from berwick looking for sponsership

yhey claim to be the lowest priced track for the prem league

just out of interest just how much do each club charge as workington is my local ill start off

adult admission at workington £14 when we had the double headers it was £23 i think and you get free race card for that price

be interesting to see if there is much difference

I usually park on the road outside the stadium.

At £14 for parking, programme and entry Workington is one of the cheapest of them all (and that includes NL tracks).

Giving that the racing is usually pretty decent, its definitely one of the best value places to watch speedway anywhere.

• Like 1

I think it is Shadders?

Certainly the 3rd bend is.

I see biged is off in his make belive world again the 3rd bend IS NOT wheelchair accessible you have steps to get up also you cant get from the pits elf and safety would not allow it, also if the person in the wheelchair needed the toilet the disabled one is on the 1st bend. There is a wheelchair area on the 1st bend put up bt BRFC supporters club for the football and it gives quite good views of the action in fact there are few regs that use it all the time.

Now we move onto price you say £20 for adults so it would be £40 for a couple with maybe food and a drink and a prog on top of that it would come up to £60 I'm sorry you just don't live in the real world.

So sir untill you can get your facts right may I sugest you refain from posting drivel on here

• Like 2

I see biged is off in his make belive world again the 3rd bend IS NOT wheelchair accessible you have steps to get up also you cant get from the pits elf and safety would not allow it, also if the person in the wheelchair needed the toilet the disabled one is on the 1st bend. There is a wheelchair area on the 1st bend put up bt BRFC supporters club for the football and it gives quite good views of the action in fact there are few regs that use it all the time.

Now we move onto price you say £20 for adults so it would be £40 for a couple with maybe food and a drink and a prog on top of that it would come up to £60 I'm sorry you just don't live in the real world.

So sir untill you can get your facts right may I sugest you refain from posting drivel on here

If this particular poster is intent on paying £20 each Saturday night, then he should do so, he doesn't need to post such boasts on here, once again, like his I know more than you posts the other day it appears attention seeking is the order of the day, though to be fair it is no more than to be expected, sadly.

Edited by screm

In defence of Big Ed, his £20 scheme would include food & drink. Still barmy though

british speedway over the piece is totally overpriced?

Who is too blame

Are we too picky?

Riders holding the clubs to ransom

Either way I think we pay over the going rate

british speedway over the piece is totally overpriced?

Who is too blame

Are we too picky?

Riders holding the clubs to ransom

Either way I think we pay over the going rate

Engine tuners are to blame i reckon, Even premier league reserves paying big money to stay competitive. With costs spiriling out of control it has to have a knock on effect with admission price. The only logical antidote is standardisation of equipment, superstock speedway. Another thing, my cousin rode mid 80s-early 90s premier league second string/third heat leader, He reckons back then most riders held down full time jobs, with only the very best guys riding speedway full time!!

• Like 1

Joking aside I thought when Mickey Dyer announced his retirement after going from a 3 to 8 point average plus guest bookings still saying he was losing money!

• Like 1

I stand corrected.

I did point out that it was based purely on the fact that there have been spectators in wheelchairs there in the past.

Back to topic, £20 entry is really what we need to be looking at, especially on here.

With a bit of thought, it can clearly be seen that it has a number of benefits.

I can't quite see how being prepared to pay £20 is boastful, or attention seeking, it is unlikely that Screm will elaborate on that comment, though.

He is only attention seeking, after all :)

I stand corrected.

I did point out that it was based purely on the fact that there have been spectators in wheelchairs there in the past.

Back to topic, £20 entry is really what we need to be looking at, especially on here.

I can't quite see how being prepared to pay £20 is boastful, or attention seeking, it is unlikely that Screm will elaborate on that comment, though.

Prepared to pay £20 may not be boastful or attention seeking, but it does suggest an entrance fee that will kill the sport. i am still struggling to understand what benefits it has, especially for the paying punter....£20 for 15 minutes entertainment, no-goer in my books.

Charge £20 and you'll soon have empty stadiums and clubs going to the wall

• Like 1

I stand corrected.

whats with the constant white text??

Prepared to pay £20 may not be boastful or attention seeking, but it does suggest an entrance fee that will kill the sport. i am still struggling to understand what benefits it has, especially for the paying punter....£20 for 15 minutes entertainment, no-goer in my books.

Charge £20 and you'll soon have empty stadiums and clubs going to the wall

That's what we have at the moment.

It will either boost the sport's finances, or kill it off more quickly.

Either way, better than the slow painful death at the moment?

£20 isn't a lot of money for a night of entertainment.

If folk really don't think it is worth that, then I truly can't understand why they go. They cannot value the sport that much.

Before anyone jumps on me, let me be clear that I do not think a price hike should include concessions.

That's what we have at the moment.

It will either boost the sport's finances, or kill it off more quickly.

Either way, better than the slow painful death at the moment?

£20 isn't a lot of money for a night of entertainment.

If folk really don't think it is worth that, then I truly can't understand why they go. They cannot value the sport that much.

Before anyone jumps on me, let me be clear that I do not think a price hike should include concessions.

£20 is a lot of money when your struggling to pay £15-£16 each week for a sport that you do value. If you can't understand that concept or why people do go to speedway then there's no mileage in this discussion.

Why is the first port of call to boost the sports's finances the need to increase admission fees? Why not look at better sponsorship / television deals?

Your argument smacks very much of the way my team's promoters view things...hit the supporter with the threat "if you don't pay up you'll lose the sport" - emotional blackmail in other words.

Speedway supporters are fair minded and rational people but no mugs.

£20 is a lot of money when your struggling to pay £15-£16 each week for a sport that you do value. If you can't understand that concept or why people do go to speedway then there's no mileage in this discussion.

Why is the first port of call to boost the sports's finances the need to increase admission fees? Why not look at better sponsorship / television deals?

Your argument smacks very much of the way my team's promoters view things...hit the supporter with the threat "if you don't pay up you'll lose the sport" - emotional blackmail in other words.

Speedway supporters are fair minded and rational people but no mugs.

I agree that sponsorship and media is the preferable route. The hard fact is that revenues from both are very difficult at the moment.

At this point in time it is the fans who will make or break the survival of the sport. That might mean digging a bit deeper, but it still isn't that deep at £20 surely?

I think most clubs would fold in a season or two. 6 quid increase at Berwick I dont think gates would be anymore than 250 after 6 home matches...

Its a tough one really the product isn't going to get better... More and more fans refuse to be ripped off