British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Both Birmingham & Cradley Riding N L At Perry Barr In 2015

Given his historic links to both clubs, what about starting the season with a Brummies v Heathens clash for the Dan McCormick Trophy?

• Like 8

It is great news to see both clubs survive but it is disappointing to to see Cradley remain NL. With the teams they put out I just don't see what they offer to the league winning home and away week in week out.

Cradley remaining NL though could be part of the terms set by Mole as Cradley being in a higher league could damage his business.

How many teams in National League now ?

Birmingham.

Cradley,

Eastbourne ?

Lakeside ?

Rye House ?

Kings Lynn ?

Coventry ?

Kent.

Stoke.

Mildenhall.

Buxton.

Any more ?

fantastic news for any speedway fans, if this keeps up the national league is going to be the best of the three leagues

• Like 2

It is great news to see both clubs survive but it is disappointing to to see Cradley remain NL. With the teams they put out I just don't see what they offer to the league winning home and away week in week out.

Cradley remaining NL though could be part of the terms set by Mole as Cradley being in a higher league could damage his business.

There wouldn't have been enough wednesdays to accommodate both Birmingham and Cradley if The Heathens went PL nothing to do with "Terms" set by Mole or anyone else! Planning conditions are quite strict at PB and that means only one speedway meeting per week.

• Like 2

There wouldn't have been enough wednesdays to accommodate both Birmingham and Cradley if The Heathens went PL nothing to do with "Terms" set by Mole or anyone else! Planning conditions are quite strict at PB and that means only one speedway meeting per week.

Good news about both teams running, but running on alternative weeks is going to be a pain, if a meeting gets rained off that team won't race for 4 weeks and then rearranging it will be tough.

i think with a switch of stadium and moving up 1 or 2 leagues would be too much . give them a year to settle in, see what crowds they get etc they'll step up next year, maybe running 2 sides, who knows? plus looking at the possible line up of the league and possible rule changes over minimum team strenths don't expect the mighty heathens to have it as easy next season, can't wait.

• Like 1

How many teams in National League now ?

Birmingham.

Cradley,

Eastbourne ?

Lakeside ?

Rye House ?

Kings Lynn ?

Coventry ?

Kent.

Stoke.

Mildenhall.

Buxton.

Any more ?

Is there going to be enough riders to go round....

What's the curfew at Brum. I assume its not possible to run a DH. Proper meetings will have to start asap in March and I'm not sure having challenges is a good idea. Most importan thing is to complete league season. Hopefully the NL will ditch play-offs this year too.

The curfew is 10pm but there is also a limit on heats which I think is 21? so double headers are out under the present conditions. Maybe the council could exercise some flexibility (and common sense) but don't hold your breath :P

Given his historic links to both clubs, what about starting the season with a Brummies v Heathens clash for the Dan McCormick Trophy?

Very good idea, they could have it over two legs, home and home, just get the riders to use different areas in the pits for each meeting.

This arrangement could be very good for both teams when they race on alternate wednesdays as it is possible that Brum fans may also go to watch the Cradley meetings and vice versa. The management could also offer a joint season ticket.

• Like 2

This is the best news I have heard for a long time in speedway. Not just one club saved from being just a memory but two. Best of luck to both teams for not just next season but also the years that follow, and long may they reign.

• Like 2

There are plenty of riders about, just don't expect any Cradley-style teams!

There's plenty of riders knocking on the door for a NL place. With 11 teams, I think the max limit needs to be around 33-35, the min limit needs to be around 28-30, and it should be three 3.00 riders per side.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Great news, hopefully they can recieve the support needed to survive and prosper.

While i know its a development league do some rules need to be changed to allow some top end riders back into the league or some new riders to come in , the stand alone clubs need to put out a decent product to attract and rettain supporters,

Just putting it out there for debate, the top riders still mainly race each other while the reserves still have races against each other maybe like last years EL.

Chopper

I don't think they do to be honest Chopper, if the points limit goes down allowing more young riders to come through the standalone sides will still be able to try and build winning sides within this points limit. The way I see it is that the more old hands allowed in the league the bigger the gulf will become between the top sides and the bottom sides and the league will then be less competitive as a result.

Fantastic news that the two clubs have been saved.