British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

TBH Peter, I can see Kings Lynn being at Perry Barr against the Brummies and Heathens on a Wednesday when the Stars have EL fixtures. Birmingham and Cradley will probably be in Norfolk on a Friday night.

Seeing as it's a track share arrangement, I would think it involves both clubs.

Its does make me wonder at times, most of the support from these meeting involve family members and how many can travel on a wednesday compared to a sunday but your Probably right LH.

Phil Morris has been appointed Race Director to the FIM, so at a guess, his SGP and SWC duties will probably preclude him taking up a job in British Speedway. No doubt there will be plenty of Brummies fans that will find that a bitter-sweet pill to swallow if they were hoping to see him back at the Brummies next year but congratulations have to go to Phil for his appointment. Onwards and upwards eh?

I see that the Brummies have signed a new centre green presenter bringing snide remarks from Pearson on his Twitter page.Thought he would have learned his lesson to keep his mouth shut after his past bad mouthing on the Brummies front in the last two seasons.If he's involved at Perry Barr, which no doubt he will be with the Heathens,God help the new promotion!

You can't get away from Guests in speedway, can you? :P

• Like 2

First signing could be announced later today according to the Brummies twitter feed. Tony Mole in the Mail said its our number 1 and hes ridden for the club in the past. Simon Lambert or Chris Mills?

Also Jack Lee wont be coming back next season but Tony hopes to appoint someone before Christmas, been said the other day that Phil Morris is helping out until we appoint someone.

Also Jack Lee wont be coming back next season but Tony hopes to appoint someone before Christmas, been said the other day that Phil Morris is helping out until we appoint someone.

How about some real fan involvement?? How about giving each of the top posters on the Brummies Forum one match each when they can be in charge?

Im thinking probably Simon Lambert, surprised to see that Jack Lee wont be returning, maybe GD will return in the short term, however its not ideal when riders need to be signed.

Maybe Tony Mole could invite Malcolm Vasey to do the job, no one has more experience of the NL than Malcolm.

Im thinking probably Simon Lambert, surprised to see that Jack Lee wont be returning, maybe GD will return in the short term, however its not ideal when riders need to be signed.

Maybe Tony Mole could invite Malcolm Vasey to do the job, no one has more experience of the NL than Malcolm.

Says on the Kent Kings site that Simon Lambert cannot ride NL in 2015.

Something about age ?

Tony Mole in the Mail said its our number 1 and hes ridden for the club in the past

Jon Armstrong? No-one knows the NL as well as Jon Armstrong.

Dan Halsey is also an NL #1 but hasn't he retired now? Maybe Tony Mole can bring him out of retirement?

Paul Starke has the average of a NL#1

Did Oliver Greenwood ever appear in a Birmingham Bulls team when there was the Academy League (remember that?) - all those years ago.

Would Aidan Collins or Lee Smart be tempted into a comeback and would they qualify for the NL?

Edited by uk martin

Says on the Kent Kings site that Simon Lambert cannot ride NL in 2015.

Something about age ?

I think there is some daft rule about riders over 25 being able to double up between the NL & PL ?

Same as one rider over 30 in the NL silly.

Any other line of work or hobby wouldn't allow any form of ageism and would be heavily penalised if they did!

Any other line of work or hobby wouldn't allow any form of ageism and would be heavily penalised if they did!

It's not a line of work, it's a developement league. The clue is in the name, the "National DEVELOPMENT League"

How about Danny Stoneman - 4.20 average rode for Birmingham at Dudley scored in all races handy if he can pick up some sponsorship.

All teams are allowed 1 rider over 30, The other reason is if a rider has a PL average over 4 he cant ride NL unless he doesnt have a PL team spot, hence Stoke signed Ben Wilson in 2014, but lost him when he signed for Sheffield.

Can someone enlighten me about this age 25 restriction ? its a new one to me.

Jon Armstrong? No-one knows the NL as well as Jon Armstrong.

Dan Halsey is also an NL #1 but hasn't he retired now? Maybe Tony Mole can bring him out of retirement?

Paul Starke has the average of a NL#1

Did Oliver Greenwood ever appear in a Birmingham Bulls team when there was the Academy League (remember that?) - all those years ago.

Would Aidan Collins or Lee Smart be tempted into a comeback and would they qualify for the NL?

Paul Starke his PL average is to high, Dan Halsey has re signed for Mildenhall, I would want my No1 to have a higher average than Jon Armstrong, Lee Smart isnt the Lee we used to know.

Maybe i can throw another name into the hat, but i dont know if he has ever ridden for the Brummies, how about local boy Ashley Morris ?.