British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

It's not a line of work, it's a developement league. The clue is in the name, the "National DEVELOPMENT League"

Whilst I agree that it is and should be a development league does that mean that it should discriminate on the basis of age?

Im not saying that I want to see a selection of 30 & 40 plus year old riders who will never achieve any better than the third tier I feel its hard on those who would benefit on another seasons racing whilst finding their feet in the PL.

At present the regulations favour the 16 year olds who go flat out rather than those who have taken a little longer to find their feet.

Whilst a flow of new talent is obviously required to keep things ticking over I don't approve of the make it by the time you are 25 or tough luck mentality.

Edited by Sings4Kings

All teams are allowed 1 rider over 30, The other reason is if a rider has a PL average over 4 he cant ride NL unless he doesnt have a PL team spot, hence Stoke signed Ben Wilson in 2014, but lost him when he signed for Sheffield.

Can someone enlighten me about this age 25 restriction ? its a new one to me.

You can't double up from NL to PL if you're over 25. The same issue is affecting Bowen at Rye. It would also mean that if they do sign Mills, presumably he isn't getting a PL spot else they'd lose him and be in the same position as Stoke was this year. Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

So at 26 you are young enough for the 'fast track' but too old to double up between NL & PL!

• Like 2

So at 26 you are young enough for the 'fast track' but too old to double up between NL & PL!

Ludicrous innit? Don't we even have a "young" 28 year old starlet in the fast track process??? :o

• Like 1

Well, if the conversion rate is twice his PL average, it will be 9.34. Excellent signing regardless.

I assume the NL regulations have changed, or has he given up the chance of a PL spot?

Im guessing he has commited himself to Brum for the season, i think they have named him as Captain, but undoubtably he will be close to being No1 rider in the League not only for Brum.

• Like 1

Hunter i was thinking it wud be is average he finished with last time he rode in the national league.

If that's the case, his CMA will be 8.90. Even better!

• Like 2

If that's the case, his CMA will be 8.90. Even better!

you applied for team managers job yet 4eyes

• Like 1

Jayne Moss has just confirmed its the higher of the 2 averages that Adam will have, so seems its 9.34 but i still expect him to improve on that, however Tony Mole will need someone like Ellis Perks down at the bottom end to compensate for a 9 pointer at the Top, with a 36 point max limit.