British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

To be frank, Cardiff last year was not a riot of excitement. I don't know why the Danish GP has moved from Copenhagen which looked ok to me, and Melbourne is an unknown quantity. It looks as if the GP system is here to stay but as people are saying, Speedway is hardly advertising itself at the moment.

I don't know why the Danish GP has moved from Copenhagen which looked ok to me, and Melbourne is an unknown quantity.

Philippe will tell you the bridge is too expensive for the fans coming from Jutland. Perhaps more likely is that Copenhagen Tourism pulled the plug on the GP subsidy, presumably because of limited returns.

• Like 1

Philippe will tell you the bridge is too expensive for the fans coming from Jutland. Perhaps more likely is that Copenhagen Tourism pulled the plug on the GP subsidy, presumably because of limited returns.

Many thanks.

Philippe will tell you the

Why do you insist on calling him "Philippe"? It's lost on me :P:o

Watch the meeting again and see what the riders are doing.Warsaw I mean.

Racing pretty well, passing and repassing. That's what they were doing.

Last night? Not so.

Why do you insist on calling him "Philippe"? It's lost on me :P:o

Yes iris123 - I noticed that and wondered why too?

It's obviously lost on me s well.

I shall look forward to Humphrey's explanation with interest. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

I've an inkling that Humphrey may be taking the P××S

Me too,but it only works if people know what he is on about.Just like old Subedei giving riders nicknames which no-one else knew.........well at first no-one else knew,but after about 100 times I think we all got the picture :lol:

• Like 1

I've an inkling that Humphrey may be taking the P××S

It might be if it was funny. :nono: :nono:

But - crucially - it isn't. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

• Like 1

Just like old Subedei giving riders nicknames which no-one else knew.........well at first no-one else knew,but after about 100 times I think we all got the picture :lol:

I think everyone knew who 'The Beggar' was... ;)

Well the Polish media apparently named it as the 'Celtic Warrior', which was reported earlier in this thread.

Yes, it was the Celtic Warrior which docked in Gdansk Port with the shale shipment on 25 February 2015.

According to http://www.akbiphotos.pl/archiwa/1066 on this day the port of Gdansk on the Coal waterfront received an unusual transhipment . From The Celtic Warrior ship, which arrived straight from England, we have seen reloading onto trucks specific material called shale , which will be used for building a speedway racing track at the National Stadium in Warsaw. The Polish text reminds readers that on April 18 the National Stadium in Warsaw will be hosting the Lotto FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland. There is also a photo gallery from that event.

Yes, it was the Celtic Warrior which docked in Gdansk Port with the shale shipment on 25 February 2015.

So the shale must have been stored somewhere for 6-7 weeks, prior to the Warsaw GP.

So the shale must have been stored somewhere for 6-7 weeks, prior to the Warsaw GP.

Maybe someone forgot that it needed to be stored in a pyramid shape?

And got wet

Edited by Trees

Well however it was stored they need to try and replicate it for the future because it worked pretty well in Warsaw. As temporary tracks go it was producing some good racing with riders giving it a good go. It was fairly smooth with a nice amount of grip. All in all a pretty good track.

• Like 2