British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

I agree, I think we will see Bridger racing before the season is out, but it seems he has no equipment so what club out there would be daft or desperate enough to go out and buy kit for him.

just that!

A certain Elite League rider has equipment to spare for a few months, maybe he could pay as you go to use it?

• Like 2

I agree, I think we will see Bridger racing before the season is out, but it seems he has no equipment so what club out there would be daft or desperate enough to go out and buy kit for him.

In the old days he could've used the track spare
  • Like 1

A certain Elite League rider has equipment to spare for a few months, maybe he could pay as you go to use it?

Or just buy him a drink...... :lol:

• Like 2

All of his recent tweets seem to have disappeared from his twitter account.

Strange.

It's all over the internet already. Was he threatened with legal action?

Not sure what this loan to buy equipment is all about, I understood that he was loaning equipment off Chris Harris.

Not sure what this loan to buy equipment is all about, I understood that he was loaning equipment off Chris Harris.

I got the impression bomber was going to fix him up with a couple of motors, but obviously wants money for them.

I got the impression bomber was going to fix him up with a couple of motors, but obviously wants money for them.

Sounds like Lewis was expecting the club to loan him the money to buy them then.

Sounds like Lewis was expecting the club to loan him the money to buy them then.

that's how I see it too.

What if the conversation went something like this...

Mick Horton : "Lewis, sign for Coventry for £2.50 a point and a all the sausage rolls you can eat after a meeting"

Lewis Bridger: "I'd love to but I have no engines"

MH : "Hang on Lewis, I'll ring you back"

MH: "Bomber, can you help get Lewis some bikes?"

Chris Harris: "Sure Mick. No problem. I can find him some bikes"

MH: "Great, I'll tell him"

MH :"Good news Lewis. Bombers going to find you some engines"
LB: "Great. But my mechanic wants a sausage roll each meeting too"
MH: "Deal"

So Lewis think Mick is going to buy him some bikes via Bomber. Bomber thinks he's going to find some bikes for Lewis. Mick think he's finding some bikes, via Bomber for Lewis to buy. Just confusion. Nobody set out to trick, con or upset any other, they just misunderstood what we being asked for an offered. At the point the confusion was realised, Lewis asked Mick for a loan and Mick refused.

It seems madness to me that any club would want to loan a rider money.

But it's ok for clubs to pay the airfares for overseas riders & mechanics ?

My first thoughts were where were the Coventry fans with there bucket ? They were quick enough to find money for a riders wife & kids to fly around the world to live in Poland but not to help out an English rider.

Saying that if lewis was that keen he would spend a week in Coventry knocking on doors looking for sponsorship.

I think there is more too it.

But it's ok for clubs to pay the airfares for overseas riders & mechanics ?

My first thoughts were where were the Coventry fans with there bucket ? They were quick enough to find money for a riders wife & kids to fly around the world to live in Poland but not to help out an English rider.

Saying that if lewis was that keen he would spend a week in Coventry knocking on doors looking for sponsorship.

I think there is more too it.

Big difference there, on one hand you have a guy who got into trouble with UK visas and was a genuine case.... On the other hand you have a guy who has just blown all his spare cash on long holidays and now wants hand outs to get himself back into the sport. Not difficult to work out really. :neutral:

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 3

Only two people know what really happened..

three. I bet middlo knows as well. He knows everything. Just wait for the tweet about how his lawyer mate of 28 years has never seen such a clear case of broken promise in all his years of being in court 24/7. Damn that off duty police man and his offer of a free bike.
  • Like 2