British Speedway Forum

Did they say why Lawson has pulled out at the last minute?

Better safe than sorry! :-) I hope it raises plenty of money but surely they could have got a more attractive line-up than that.

• Like 1

All this talk we have had over the last few months about under rated oz riders and useless European riders and putting British riders out of jobs. Well it looks to me that the British riders can't be bothered.

• Like 7

Riders not having equipment ready for March and some getting asked to ride only days before the event smacks of bad preparation on both sides. Riders have had all winter to get their kit ready and those who haven't don't come out of this situation very well IMO. It mirrors the amateurism of the way British speedway is run unfortunately.

• Like 9

remind me what i said about glasgow.

You said your usual pile of keech that you do consistently to get attention.

So sad that you need to get your attention fix on the Internet from a bunch of strangers.

What's up? Didn't you get enough attention at your last smear test?

You really are the master of baiting!

• Like 1

lioness.. i dot have any idea of what you are saying. i have never madean accusation to/or about mr lawson. ..it was a comment on a forum

and as for george m... fancy dragging the female species into a debate..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

lioness.. i dot have any idea of what you are saying. i have never madean accusation to/or about mr lawson. ..it was a comment on a forumand as for george m... fancy dragging the female species into a debate..

Drag being the operative word!

How could Sam Masters ride today has he received his Visa. Please explain SCB

Edited by MANSE

How could Sam Masters ride today has he received his Visa

He has had his visa for at least a week I believe

what he seems to say in his press release is that he can't do it because his new suit and covers aren't there ? There's riding "sub standard" equipment and there's riding with different covers and one of last years suits.

Not really the most convincing of excuses is it ?!

Have there not been a change in the regulations regarding race suits this season.

Maybe Adam Roynon's old suits were not longer within the regulations.

Would be rather stupid to have a rider riding in a non regulation racing suit for a meeting that is for the benefit for injured riders.

Have there not been a change in the regulations regarding race suits this season.

Would be rather stupid to have a rider riding in a non regulation racing suit for a meeting that is for the benefit for injured riders.

file:///home/chronos/u-bd2c11a896a95bf1f743f5e1eb1fb7ef22f5e1f8/Downloads/notice_to_riders_180215%20(1).pdf This years clothing regulations.

Was a decent meeting in front of what looked to me like a good crowd. Lets hope despite all the disappointment of the missing riders a good few quid was raised

• Like 3

Was a decent meeting in front of what looked to me like a good crowd. Lets hope despite all the disappointment of the missing riders a good few quid was raised

Well said and great credit to those riders supporting the event but it doesn't excuse some riders pulling out and creating an even more weak line-up. Best of luck to the riders who showed but I hope some turncoats are not calling upon the fund anytime soon!

Compare today's to Rye House in 2010 for example:

1. Tai Woffinden - 1, 2, 0, 1 = 4

2. Jason Crump - 3, 3, 3, 2 = 11

3. Steve Johnston - 1, 2, 1, 3 = 7

4. Adam Shields - 1, 0, 0, 2 = 3

5. Filip Sitera - 2, 1, 0, 1 = 4

6. Leigh Adams - X, 0, 3, 1 = 4

7. Chris Neath - 2, 0, 2, 3 = 7

8. Viktor Bergstrom - 0, 0, 1, 0 = 1

9. Niels Kristian Iversen - 2, 2, 1, F = 5

10. Ben Barker - 2, 1, 2, 2 = 7

11. Nicki Pedersen - 3, 3, 3, 3 = 12

12. Rory Schlein - 1, 3, 2, 0 = 6

13. Scott Nicholls - 0, 3, 2, 0 = 5

14. Craig Watson - 1, 1, 0, 1 = 3

15. Kevin Doolan - EF, 1, 1, 2 = 4

16. Danny King - 2, 1, 1, 2 = 6

17. Tomas Topinka - 0, 0, EF, 0 = 0

18. Edward Kennett - 3, 3, 3, 1 = 10

19. Freddie Lindgren - 3, 2, 2, 3 = 10

20. Krzysztof Kasprzak - 3, 2, 3, 3 = 11

Read more: http://thelakesidehammers.proboards.com/thread/512/richard#ixzz3TpEdLMwU

Edited by tocha
  • Like 2

What was he using to practice in at Lynn scunny n pboro?

Well, I for one thought that was a bloody good meeting, well worth the entrance money-anyone who didn't go because of the line-up missed an afternoon of a competitive lot of races on a very well prepared track. Glad I went!

• Like 5